Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No strictly on xmas day!

There's more chance of my location being true than that happening.
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    what do we reckon is going to be on film-wise on boxing day? There's nothing like slumping in front of the tv with some celebrations with the kids and wife when in laws have gone. I hope they put on a decent family film on late afternoon.early evening.
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    More Christmas TV coming up :

Channel 4

Educating Yorkshire - Christmas 9pm Thursday 19th December

Channel 5

The Polar Express 4.05pm Sunday 15th December

Disney's A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey) 6.05pm Sunday 15th December

(So doesn't look like BBC will be showing Disney's A Christmas Carol this year!)

Digiguide has updated and the version of Christmas Carol on Channel 5 is now the one with Kelsey Grammer so the Disney version may well be on BBC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    lundo wrote: »
    what do we reckon is going to be on film-wise on boxing day? There's nothing like slumping in front of the tv with some celebrations with the kids and wife when in laws have gone. I hope they put on a decent family film on late afternoon.early evening.

I predict Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 will be aired in the evening on Boxing Day after Eastenders.

And possibly Mary Poppins in the afternoon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    argyess wrote: »
    I predict Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 will be aired in the evening on Boxing Day after Eastenders.

And possibly Mary Poppins in the afternoon?

Pirates on Boxing Day is probably right as all the others have premiered on that day after EastEnders I believe.
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    No Top Gear again.

If they start filming next year's special now, they might just make it in time!

Do we really need Clarkson and his chauvinistic, bigotted, sexist, racist views? Especially at Christmas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Do we really need Clarkson and his chauvinistic, bigotted, sexist, racist views? Especially at Christmas?

bit harsh :rolleyes:

Top Gear hasn't interested me for years but I do enjoy the specials.

Nevermind, I am looking forward to Jame May and his meccano bike though :)
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Yes, just so you can get annoyed even though you don't have to watch or pay any attention to him at all. :)
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    Nevermind, I am looking forward to Jame May and his meccano bike though :)
    Definately. Loved Man Lab and Toy Stories. hoping this will be as good as them.
  • Options
    smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C4 Comedy & Entertainment:-

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/comedy-entertainment-christmas-highlights

Man Down Xmas special. Nice

‘Scrooge 3000’, a festive school play set in space, and a terrifying yuletide tradition, unsurprisingly courtesy of his psychotic dad (RIK MAYALL), are just two of the Christmas challenges which risk reducing Dan’s (GREG DAVIES) life to a crumbling mess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member

I had a feeling It's A Wonderful Life would be on a terrestrial channel this year. In the last couple of years, it's been on the Sky Movies Christmas channel but as I was last night perusing their schedule for next week in the RT, it was noteable by its absence.

Let's hope it gets a late afternoon Christmas Eve showing as it so rightly deserves.

And so much for those "rumours" a few weeks ago that The Snowman And The Snowdog would not be shown this year! After last year's success in the ratings, it was almost inevitable it would be repeated this Christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell me something. At what point in a documentary about the Europe/Soviet winter supply route during the wars - where numerous people died in trying to help others, is he going to find time to extoll the traits to which you alude? :rolleyes:

If you saw his documentary of Isambard Kingdom Brunel for the 'Great Britains' series a few years ago, you would know that away from the smell of petrol, smoking tyres and playing the clown, Clarkson makes some really good documentaries.

I'd rather watch this show planned (and a new James Mays Toy Stories), than sit through another 75min Top Gear special, full of minor stunts, scripted set pieces, and faked 'accidents and crashes whilst driving along' scenes.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Provisional Listings are in and Midwife on Christmas Day.

BBC One
    Christmas Day

06:00 - BBC BREAKFAST
    09:00 - TBA
    10:00 - Christmas Day: Live From Westminster Abby
    11:00 - TBA
    12:20 - BBC NEWS
    12:30 - TBA
    14:00 - Top of the Pops
    15:00 - The Queen
    15:10 - Toy Story 3
    16:45 - BBC NEWS
    17:00 - Open All Hours
    17:30 - Doctor Who
    18:30 - Strictly Come Dancing
    19:45 - Call the Midwife
    21:00 - EastEnders
    22:00 - Mrs Browns Boys
    22:35 - Michael McIntyre: Showtime
    23:35 - BBC NEWS
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »

BBC One
    Christmas Day

Hi, where are you getting these schedules from? Are you getting them from DigiGuide? My DigiGuide only has Christmas listings for Channel 4, Channel 5, BBC3 and BBC4 but strangely not for BBC1, BBC2 or ITV :eek:
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who is normally on stupidly early, well it was last year.

What does "selected stores in the South East" mean? Like only WH Smiths, or what?
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member

BBC One
    Christmas Day

No evening film? I was looking forward to tropic thunder, wizzywick :)
  • Options
    BoyontbridgeBoyontbridge Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Yes, just so you can get annoyed even though you don't have to watch or pay any attention to him at all. :)

Definately. Loved Man Lab and Toy Stories. hoping this will be as good as them.
    Whether I choose to watch Clarkson and his Houseboy or not does not change what he is. Really enjoyed May in Oz and James' Wine Adventures and think that a seasonal special on Christmas wines and drinks would be intersting. (Unless of course they've already done it previously and i missed it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whether I choose to watch Clarkson and his Houseboy or not does not change what he is. Really enjoyed May in Oz and James' Wine Adventures and think that a seasonal special on Christmas wines and drinks would be intersting. (Unless of course they've already done it previously and i missed it).

Not James May & Oz but :

The 12 Drinks of Christmas

BBC 2 10pm Thursday 19th December

Alexander Armstrong and Giles Coren choose the booze that will give them their festive spirit. The two brothers-in-law argue each year over whether their festive feast needs only the finest or if there is no point in splashing out on quality when the quantity is going to be so much. This time they are going to settle the controversy by creating their own selection pack for Christmas, featuring twelve festive drinks they can both agree on.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Doctor Who is normally on stupidly early, well it was last year.

What does "selected stores in the South East" mean? Like only WH Smiths, or what?

I think they would be stupid to show Who early again. It was a flop last year cause it was on at 5:15. They only have to look at Saturdays ratings to show it's better shown later on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I think they would be stupid to show Who early again. It was a flop last year cause it was on at 5:15. They only have to look at Saturdays ratings to show it's better shown later on!

It finished 6th in the final ratings with viewing figures of 9.87m and finished above Strictly.

Hardly a "flop".

But it could do better in a later slot, as long is it is not up against Coronation Street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not James May & Oz but :

The 12 Drinks of Christmas

BBC 2 10pm Thursday 19th December

Alexander Armstrong and Giles Coren choose the booze that will give them their festive spirit. The two brothers-in-law argue each year over whether their festive feast needs only the finest or if there is no point in splashing out on quality when the quantity is going to be so much. This time they are going to settle the controversy by creating their own selection pack for Christmas, featuring twelve festive drinks they can both agree on.

Sorry, should be 9pm!
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC One
    Christmas Day

Christmas Day is looking like it will be the usual slog for me round the parents. Open All Hours is the last shown programme there that I won't absolutely hate.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    Hi, where are you getting these schedules from? Are you getting them from DigiGuide? My DigiGuide only has Christmas listings for Channel 4, Channel 5, BBC3 and BBC4 but strangely not for BBC1, BBC2 or ITV :eek:

The listings can be seen for BBC1 only if you go to the BBC1HD channel on Digiguide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member

All those wanting to see It's A Wonderful Life on TV at Christmas can relax. Horay!!!!!