Josh Widdicombe: The new Sarah Millican?

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
I like Josh Widdicombe but his regularity on TV has reached Millican-esque proportions.

Last night he was on four consecutive shows on Channel 4. 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Chatty Man, Stand Up for the Week and Was It Something I Said.

Of course, he has a DVD to plug, so that explains it to a point.

Comments

• tennismantennisman Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I like Josh Widdicombe but his regularity on TV has reached Millican-esque proportions.

Last night he was on four consecutive shows on Channel 4. 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Chatty Man, Stand Up for the Week and Was It Something I Said.

I agree - think he's very funny.

I suppose they have to 'make hay while the sun shines'?

There's the perceived constant worry amongst performers that the clouds are just around the corner.

Remember that story of Eric Morecombe commenting on his and Ernie's fame after they had 27 million people watching one of their Xmas shows.

He said, 'I give us 2 years'.

Suppose also that if you were Josh and his agent, would you even consider a concept of overkill?

Would Michael MacIntyre and his agent have considered turning down the BBC's proposal for a Comedy Roadshow because it might make Michael TOO famous?

Watched a few minutes of him on Chatty Man and as is often the way, he was quite serious when no in 'Comic mode'. I was almost a bit disappointed, unfairly, of course, as being interviewed, even on a light entertainment show like Carr's is a different situation.
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed that you can have too much of a good thing and four shows in a row is ridiculous.

He'll never be another Millican though mainly because he doesn't have a voice that grates and he is actually funny.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'd never seen this person before last night and saw him on all those shows - thought I was imagining things.

But I liked him and actually laughed!

As above, he may get about a bit but can never be as annoying as the Millican woman.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »

Pretty much a coincidence really.
    SUFTW is weekly and he is a regualr.
    He's a semi regular on 8Oo10C. Probably on each series for the past few years.
    Probably lucky to get a slot on Chatty Man.
    And WISIS was a repeat.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll never be another Millican though mainly because he doesn't have a voice that grates and he is actually funny.

Plus, he doesn't have a fanny to keep harping on about.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him, he's funny.