Pussy Riot whipped at Sochi Games by Cossacks

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Russian protest group Pussy Riot have been beaten with horsewhips by Cossacks who are helping patrol Sochi during the Winter Olympics.

Footage shows members of the band, which became famous after performing a protest song in a church against President Vladimir Putin, being beaten.

A Cossack appears to spray a substance in the face of one of the band members.

An officer with a whip then proceeds to attack the band members along with a man with a camera.

Other Cossacks then jump in, punching the band members and throwing them to the floor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26265230

This is disgusting and far too heavy handed in my view.>:(

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Russians showing the Olympic spirit, I see.

I'd be happy to see heads of state/government and delegations just skip the closing ceremony.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have thought they'd know better than try to stir up trouble in Russia after what happened last time.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    You'd have thought they'd know better than try to stir up trouble in Russia after what happened last time.

Same could be said of any group opposing oppression. It comes with pain when facing tyranny.

Good thing civil rights workers in America didn't give up when they got hosed and attacked by police dogs.
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was wondering if/when D/Spy would mention this issue ,they haven't been shy reporting Pussy Riot till today ,(changing of the nicker's ect ect )been a bit sheepish till now to mention WWW news story ,wondering why ,expect post not to last long as they say in MOTHER FASCIST RUSSIA /U.K, maybe PUSSY D/Spy would be more appropriate ,shame about the pretty 1 D/S
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REDBUS wrote: »
    was wondering if/when D/Spy would mention this issue ,they haven't been shy reporting Pussy Riot till today ,(changing of the nicker's ect ect )been a bit sheepish till now to mention WWW news story ,wondering why ,expect post not to last long as they say in MOTHER FASCIST RUSSIA /U.K, maybe PUSSY D/Spy would be more appropriate ,shame about the pretty 1 D/S

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do Look more like?
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

with glasnost i expect vanish of post as we say in WEST :p:p:p;-)
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do Look more like?
    Do we have a cypher code breaker anywhere on DS? :confused::confused:
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would have went for those costumed morons ..... ie the russian stazi and not pussy riot .....
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping they'd be invited to perform at the closing ceremony. Not much chance of that now then.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got a clue, im confused
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getting whipped in the vagina sounds painful

and about £100 an hour
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Getting caught by the cossacks sounds painful.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have a very silly name. :blush:
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

da fuq:confused:
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Russian protest group Pussy Riot have been beaten with horsewhips by Cossacks who are helping patrol Sochi during the Winter Olympics.

Footage shows members of the band, which became famous after performing a protest song in a church against President Vladimir Putin, being beaten.

A Cossack appears to spray a substance in the face of one of the band members.

An officer with a whip then proceeds to attack the band members along with a man with a camera.

Other Cossacks then jump in, punching the band members and throwing them to the floor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26265230

This is disgusting and far too heavy handed in my view.>:(

It's nothing compared to being down the front at a Sex Pistols gig.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise that the Fonejacker was in Pussy Riot! :D

Funny how Pussy Riot are only famous and supported outside of Mother Russia :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    All the winter Olympics has managed to achieve for Russia is to highlight how draconian the place seems to be.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance Bieber making his way to Sochi and being whipped for every inch of his life? :)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance Bieber making his way to Sochi and being whipped for every inch of his life? :)
    I'll drive.
    Can we take Simon Cowell too?
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    That is disgusting. How did they think it would a good idea to film their activities? Looks like nothing much has changed in Russia.:(
    Has this winter Olympics has been the most expensive PR disaster in the history of PR?

Mean while, in other news.......Pussy riot wannabees on the other side of the planet decided to go all Cossack on the Ass of some of the most patient men I have seen.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/horror-mob-of-topless-pro-abort-feminists-attacks-rosary-praying-men-defend.html

Buenos Aires, December 2nd, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Extremely disturbing video footage from Argentina shows a mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism.

The women, many of them topless, spray-painted the men’s crotches and faces and swastikas on their chests and foreheads, using markers to paint their faces with Hitler-like moustaches. They also performed obscene sexual acts in front of them and pushed their breasts onto their faces, all the while shouting “get your rosaries out of our ovaries.” (Note: Some of the most graphic content has been removed from the video. Uncensored footage is available here. Viewer discretion strongly advised.)

Not sure if I would rather be hit with a whip or have somebody spit in my face and spray car paint into my eyes. :confused:

Funny how the world goes round.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thread title looks like something kinky might be going on. I want to join in.
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually am finding this all very upsetting. I cannot believe people are being attacked for being gay and some of the stuff I have read online from supporters of this is absolutely disgusting.

I am stunned at some of the footage I have seen.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    Anyone got a clue, im confused

At first I thought I vaguely understood the first post, now I'm not so sure.

The second post, I understand the words individually but they make no sense collectively lol.

The Russian government really don't seem to like Pussy Riot do they. Not that I think people shouldn't speak out about the BS that is happening there, is it worth getting whipped for? I mean, it's very unlikely anything will change unfortunately.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well, the photos in the DM looked like a publicity set up to me.

what uniform was the "whipper" guy wearing?
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vigilantes attacking protestors on video, yet no arrests made. This won't end well.