PS Plus

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    But.... But ......

Square is always reload.

Actually How big are the dead nation and tomb raider download files? Thanks in advance.

Tomb raider is 13gb dunno about Dead nation.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded DeadNation at lunch time, sure its was only 2.5gb.

Notice on the Vita, PixelJunk Monsters is listed in the PS+ games but its still £9.99, strange
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually How big are the dead nation and tomb raider download files? Thanks in advance.

Think Dead Nation was about 2.5GB and Tomb Raider 13GB. Of course when installed they will take up more space as they would be compressed for download (I would expect) plus whilst it is actually installing I think I read on here they can need as much as twice the size as more space is in use while files are being decompressed etc.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded 'Dead Nation AE' this morning but there's something wrong.

The game installs ok but when the update is installing, I get a message telling me, 'cannot start the application, Only those who hold a licence for this application can start it'. :confused:

I deleted the install and tried again (3 times) but get the same message.

Anyone know why this is happening or anyone else had this problem ?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a problem with the licences. I had to go into settings > psn > restore licenses and it's fixed the problem.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    Think Dead Nation was about 2.5GB and Tomb Raider 13GB. Of course when installed they will take up more space as they would be compressed for download (I would expect) plus whilst it is actually installing I think I read on here they can need as much as twice the size as more space is in use while files are being decompressed etc.

PS3 games are uncompressed downloads and require double the space to install. TR will require 26GB of free space to install.

You would hope Sony have a better system in place on PS4 but I don't own one so I don't know.
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Downloading tomb raider even though I have it on ps4. I just simply want to compare.

I might post my findings but anyone with ps3 please don't take anything from it as the game is pretty damn good and that will go for whatever you're playing it on.

I am interested to hear what you think when comparing the two versions. I have installed TR, updated and got through the initial cave section and so far it seems reasonable. Looking forward to sinking my teeth into the game later.

Initially the only down point has been the quick time event which only seemed to flash the button for a very short time. Hopefully this is just something I need to get used to.

Lara also sound very familiar, I will probably have to look up who that is if it starts bugging me and I still cant think where I know her from.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Cheers guys for the info on the file sizes. That makes sense as Tomb Raider wouldn't download for me. It kept saying I didn't have enough space but there was twice the amount of space on it (we'll it must have been a few bytes short).

Funny, I meant to ask you before I went to bed

why it wouldn't download but forgot. Yet ye somehow decided to mention it anyways. Cheers.

^^^^ lol . Looked it up. Kate Middleton. Lol :-P
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded 'Dead Nation AE' this morning but there's something wrong.

The game installs ok but when the update is installing, I get a message telling me, 'cannot start the application, Only those who hold a licence for this application can start it'. :confused:

I deleted the install and tried again (3 times) but get the same message.

Anyone know why this is happening or anyone else had this problem ?.
    Try signing out of PSN and then back in again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomb Raider seem like a return to form. Really enjoying it so far.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Lara also sound very familiar, I will probably have to look up who that is if it starts bugging me and I still cant think where I know her from.

Camilla Luddington.

Familiar face if you watch True Blood, Californication or Greys Anatomy

and yes....
    ^^^^ lol . Looked it up. Kate Middleton. Lol :-P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else unable to download pixeljunk as it's showing as £7.99?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else unable to download pixeljunk as it's showing as £7.99?

I got it from psn website, which its showing as free for ps+, then downloaded it on the Vita.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying Brothers - lovely atmosphere, fun (easy) puzzles and a interesting control scheme. Love it when Plus throws up a gem like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been playing Dead Nation with my 10 Y/O son and been enjoying it. We both laugh when we shoot a car and the alarm goes off and the zombies start banging on it, just waiting for the inevitable explosion and zombie parts to fly all over the place. excellent game but the downside is the trigger bashing with the rifle. The R1 buttons on both controllers are starting to stick :(
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird with dead nation. I get on better just hacking and slashing than with using my guns
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All in all a good month if you ask me.

Brothers: Really interesting control system if a little difficult to accurately control where they both go at times. Played the first two levels so far but looks like a game I will continue to enjoy

Dead Nation: Seems the same as the PS3 version with the addition of Second Screen. I think I will fire up my PS3 version to compare the graphics but I assume the PS4 will be vastly superior. Not a game I will get to into too much. But I may pop into it now and again if I have friends round

Tomb Raider: WTF. Awesome game and I can't believe how good the graphics are on a PS3. I realise they are nowhere near as good as PS4 but ultimately its the game play that counts. So on that note, why are Sony giving away the game on PS3 when that will undoubtedly limit the people paying for it on PS4. Not that I'm complaining mind ;)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it from psn website, which its showing as free for ps+, then downloaded it on the Vita.

It's £7.99 on the site & Vita for me! :(
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is only a word of mouth so take it with a pinch of salt i personally don't believe it but thought i'd post it incase you guys knew anything about it.
    Apparantly one of next months ps+ games will be Beyond two souls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

Just checked it, you are right its now showing 7.99, I got it on Wednesday night when the Vita was showing full price but the web was showing free.

That's a strange one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    This is only a word of mouth so take it with a pinch of salt i personally don't believe it but thought i'd post it incase you guys knew anything about it.
    Apparantly one of next months ps+ games will be Beyond two souls.

Its first party (or exclusive at least) so it will happen eventually but it seems to soon to me, i still haven't seen it in shops pre owned for less than £20 so it still has value, my bets would be on it being announced for Plus at E3 along with a few other major games or for about Christmas
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I downloaded PJ Monsters and Smart As on to my PS3 last night with no issues! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird with dead nation. I get on better just hacking and slashing than with using my guns

continuously tapping the fire button while using the rifle is causing my R1 button to jam at times :( so I too started using the R2 button for slashing and stabbing. good fun when surrounded by zombies lol. Best fun ive had so far is putting down a sentry gun and watching the kills rack up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just downloaded Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate HD on the Vita and it was priced at £9.99 but showing free for PS+. PSN seems to be having minor problems for some people.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Same here. Slashing is so much easier than the fiddeldy shooting. I think the flamethrower will change that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. Slashing is so much easier than the fiddeldy shooting. I think the flamethrower will change that

The blade gun and shocker are probably the best weapons, they will cut down huge groups of zombies quickly.