Quick update Ref EPG Update

Comments

• simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Yes and as Sky are competing with Netflix they will never put Netflix on Sky! Apparently people ask Sky for it on their suggestion forum!

TBH what would be the point of having Netflix on Sky anyway when it can be got many other ways. Why does everyone want the Sky+HD box to end up as something like a VM Tivo box????
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon194 wrote: »
    TBH what would be the point of having Netflix on Sky anyway when it can be got many other ways. Why does everyone want the Sky+HD box to end up as something like a VM Tivo box????

Yes I know thats not my idea of a good feature for Sky HD I only mentioned it as Netflix was mentioned.
    The only two things I would like thats on a TiVo box is more tuners and BBC connected red button, but I know the first is very unlikely, the second could if they could get live streaming video over Ethernet to the box?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jammie82uk wrote: »
    just out of curiosity why do you keep mentioning how a feature isn't being removed

Because some people seem to be moaning about new features, just because they don't want them, but at the end of the day, as long as no feature is removed to make way for new ones, it doesn't affect them, and they can choose whether to use these features, rather than complain about them.
  • jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Because some people seem to be moaning about new features, just because they don't want them, but at the end of the day, as long as no feature is removed to make way for new ones, it doesn't affect them, and they can choose whether to use these features, rather than complain about them.

not sure how one can be classed as a new feature when we have it already

i just hope sky have got something better hidden up their sleeve
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    New EPG looks ok and hopefully there will be future features built in to code for testers.

Wish there was a way to make suggestions to make incremental but subtle changes to improve everyday experience.

I'd like to test features too.
  • dazzyc1970dazzyc1970 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    New EPG downloaded to my box last night looks good so far
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzyc1970 wrote: »

Hi

Whats the model number for the new EPG?

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    Which boxes are getting it 1st?

Is there a random order or is it hand picked ?

Can I download this with a software update?
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzyc1970 wrote: »

What box is that?

My new Wifi 2TB hasn't updated.
  • rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full details now available at www.sky.com/homepage.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Whats the model number for the new EPG?

Thanks

Baz

I haven't looked at my box yet (so I dont know if I have it or not), but I know that the software version will be R9 and the boxes they start with are DRX890/895.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Can I download this with a software update?

Same answer as last time you asked :confused:
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    can we get this on a forced software download?
    Nsewell wrote: »
    You won't get it via the Forced update process until it has rolled out to most people for your box type, otherwise it would defeat the point of the DR stream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I haven't looked at my box yet (so I dont know if I have it or not), but I know that the software version will be R9 and the boxes they start with are DRX890/895.

R009.066.70.00P

The box update schedule is here;

http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2014-03/sky-plus-homepage-update/#update_schedule
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,779
    Forum Member
    I would love to see this running on a Pace or Samsung box. :D

I have it running on my Pace ;-)
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turned on my TV this morning to find the new EPG - I love it, the new darker blue makes it easier for me to read the planner/TV guide from my sofa and I like that the HD programmes are yellow on the planner now too

We've got a really old 890, but we always seem to get updates automatically on the first day :D
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turned on my TV this morning to find the new EPG - I love it, the new darker blue makes it much easier for me to read the planner/TV guide from my sofa and I like that the HD programmes are yellow on the planner now too :D

Fully agree , I also like the changes navigating when in On Demand that said I've forgot what is was like before.:D

More info

http://recombu.com/digital/news/sky-launch-tv-guide-overhaul-on-demand-search_M12949.html
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »

In summation....

Amstrads except DRX780 - next few weeks
    DRX780, Samsungs and Pace - next few months
    Thomson - never
    Forum Member
    Programme info banner is still terrible but new planner looks great just need to start using it to find out though if it's good in use.
  • MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got it by doing a force update?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mackemsafc wrote: »
    Anyone got it by doing a force update?

no, because as it's not on the DR stream, and won't be for a while.
    you'd think that message would start to stink in, but apparently not.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Manufacturer on my Sky Box, is down as Sky and I cant see that on any of the lists, when the update will happen. Any ideas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Manufacturer on my Sky Box, is down as Sky and I cant see that on any of the lists, when the update will happen. Any ideas

yours is one of the Amstrad DRX89x range.
    use the 4Fxxx number to identify
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks My dad was the account holder, but some guy at our local shopping mall, told him it would be cheaper, if my mum took over the account.

So ive had my boxes switched, so wasn't sure
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's an Amstrad then. What's the model number?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks My dad was the account holder, but some guy at our local shopping mall, told him it would be cheaper, if my mum took over the account.

i'd like to know how he came up with that idea.
    it's nye on impossible to transfer a sky account. the usual procedure is to close the account and open a new one.