World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the biggest ever thread that's ever been in DS?

Surely this one has a chance of beating it.

Im sure the old wwe thread from 2008 had been gone since 2004
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possible Paige debut tonight on Raw? AJ retained the title and theres nowhere else to go with the current divas. Paige needs to debut now
  • ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched the main event. A lot better match than I originally thought and the pop and ovation when Bryan won and celebrated was a lot louder than I remember.

With Lesnar, Batista and Orton all looking to be WWE Champion WWE has some ready made feuds for Bryan. It would be nice to see them give him a run with the title to see how he goes with it.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I thought JBL was great at commentary last night. Especially during taker/Lesnar match up. Hard hitting but also an honest assessment of why Lesnar had to go over
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible Paige debut tonight on Raw? AJ retained the title and theres nowhere else to go with the current divas. Paige needs to debut now

I think she needs to debut but needs time to build and get over enough before she has a good feud with AJ. Maybe let her tear through the Total Divas (she's the anti-Diva of course) and have some good matches with Emma so the crowd can see what she can do first.

For AJ, they could have Tamina turn on her and get a few months mileage out of that until Paige is ready.
    Chparmar wrote: »
    I thought JBL was great at commentary last night. Especially during taker/Lesnar match up. Hard hitting but also an honest assessment of why Lesnar had to go over

I loved his line about Taker being the old gun-slinger.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orton will have a rematch clause, and didn't actually lose the match so can see it being Bryan vs Orton at Extreme Rules.

Id not be surprised if the authority make him defend the title tonight on raw.
    FMKK wrote: »
    The whole thing was an underdog story though. I understand what you mean with the stretcher spot and all but my guess is that they knew they had to pull out all the stops to create drama and get the crowd into it after Taker so I understand the booking. It worked for me anyway.

yeah guess so.
    Ah right. I'm dreading RAW and having to hear DB on the mic. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL, Don't forget the Yes movement and Cringe Cole. :D
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to 'acquire' the show by nefarious means, and it's taking forever there's that many others doing the same.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darth Vader took last night's result pretty badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92siXKscQ3s
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darth Vader took last night's result pretty badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92siXKscQ3s

how did Hitler take it ?

Update

not very well it seems :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdWYojI-Yc
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »

I have to disagree, the 3 man team is an absolute mess. Jerry doesn't help at all but JBL as a heel commentator lacks that something that Heyman, Ventura and Heenan had.

It's an area that the WWE is seriously lacking in, Regal would be worth a punt for me
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed Mania. Some great moments. Brilliant pops for Bryan's victories.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if Taker is retiring on Raw and we don't have the Sting Match at WrestleMania 31 this will be his final big four pay per view statistics:

Royal Rumble: (17) 5-12
    WrestleMania: (22) 21-1
    SummerSlam: (15) 9-5-1 (The 1 was a no contest vs. Kane in 2000)
    Survivor Series: (17) 12-5
    Total: (71) 47-23-1

So 71 big four pay per view matches since 1990 that's not bad for a wrestler who some people thought wouldn't even last a year after his debut.

I hope so I'm looking forward to this feud if it happens.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching WM

Loved the opening, seriously was just a blast.

Opening match was great, got up and did a massive fist pump when Bryan hit the running knee on HHH.

Shield match, would have loved for it to have gone on longer, just as it was getting started it ended, still happy that the Shield won.

The Battle Royale was meh until alot of the extras were eliminated (Brad Maddox? lol), I had my mouth open in disbelief when I saw Cesaro lift Big Show up, thrilled with the result.

Cena vs Wyatt, whilst i'm not a Cena hater (I do like him) I really wanted to see Bray get that victory, loved the mind games involved by Bray.

The Streak coming to an end, I don't think it was anywhere near the best match in the history of the streak content wise, but that ending was just gobsmacking, stunned in disbelief when the hand came down for the 3 count.

Vickie Guererro Invitational, I love AJ to death but really want to see her drop the title at some point, the Divas division is so stale right now.

Triple Threat was amazing, so many great moments in that match.

Really enjoyed that WM in hindsight, the time absolutely flew by which is always a good sign. Just wish Bray had won :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If AJ Lee doesn't lose her Divas Title this week (on Raw, Superstars, Main Event, NXT & SmackDown) the reign will pass 300 days as it's currently on 295.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having time to think about it, it's definitely right that the streak has ended and it's gone to one of the best people possible. Lesnar is an absolute machine who would destroy anyone in WWE legit, it's right that he's broken it. I do keep chuckling when reading people who are actually angry that the streak is over, get over it. :D

EAT
    SLEEP
    BREAK THE STREAK
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Panda bough the WWE Scooby Doo DVD.

As long as Scrappy Doo isn't involved it's all good.

I wouldn't even torrent that! :D
    It's gotta be up there. I wonder why we didn't get a new one yet we are 61 pages more than the last thread. By the time Raw ends tonight we could hit 100 pages more lol

Better think of more useless stuff to talk about later! *Puts thinking cap on*
    LOL, Don't forget the Yes movement and Cringe Cole. :D

Sorry but I'm the leader of TBM. The only movement worth being in. :cool:

Because I RULE THE WORLD! (I can't stop saying that)
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/467027-undertaker-reportedly-injured-at-mania

Taker was injured during the match
    Doubt if you will see him tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Just finished watching WM

Loved the opening, seriously was just a blast.

Opening match was great, got up and did a massive fist pump when Bryan hit the running knee on HHH.

Shield match, would have loved for it to have gone on longer, just as it was getting started it ended, still happy that the Shield won.

The Battle Royale was meh until alot of the extras were eliminated (Brad Maddox? lol), I had my mouth open in disbelief when I saw Cesaro lift Big Show up, thrilled with the result.

Cena vs Wyatt, whilst i'm not a Cena hater (I do like him) I really wanted to see Bray get that victory, loved the mind games involved by Bray.

The Streak coming to an end, I don't think it was anywhere near the best match in the history of the streak content wise, but that ending was just gobsmacking, stunned in disbelief when the hand came down for the 3 count.

Vickie Guererro Invitational, I love AJ to death but really want to see her drop the title at some point, the Divas division is so stale right now.

Triple Threat was amazing, so many great moments in that match.

Really enjoyed that WM in hindsight, the time absolutely flew by which is always a good sign. Just wish Bray had won :p

I went for a two handed one when Batista tapped out :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking about it. Lesnar is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and as mentioned could probably legitimately beat anyone in a fight on the roster therefore maybe he was the best option.

I like Lesnar. There's a reason he's in the Minnesota Trilogy. Hopefully WWE is ready to capitalise on this and really get the best use out of the beast over the next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark__ wrote: »
    After having time to think about it, it's definitely right that the streak has ended and it's gone to one of the best people possible. Lesnar is an absolute machine who would destroy anyone in WWE legit, it's right that he's broken it. I do keep chuckling when reading people who are actually angry that the streak is over, get over it. :D

EAT
    SLEEP
    BREAK THE STREAK

As a huge Taker fan I've gotten over it already, the streak didn't make The Undertaker, The Undertaker made the streak he's an Icon/Legend without it still anyway and will be a Hall of Fame Headliner.
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/467027-undertaker-reportedly-injured-at-mania

Taker was injured during the match
    Doubt if you will see him tonight

It was probably that toxic tan.

He could come back as the Toxic Avenger.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the way they didn't play Lesnar's music or have the announcers talk right after the 3 count as it allowed the shock of what happened to hit everyone in the arena and watching at home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't even torrent that! :D

Better think of more useless stuff to talk about later! *Puts thinking cap on*

Sorry but I'm the leader of TBM. The only movement worth being in. :cool:

Because I RULE THE WORLD! (I can't stop saying that)

How about who would win in an every fighting game Battle Royal? lol

I'm glad you said the only MOVEMENT worth being in.

http://youtu.be/n6Gbu8a5OBk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    As a huge Taker fan I've gotten over it already, the streak didn't make The Undertaker, The Undertaker made the streak.

Undertaker's great performances year in, year out made him the icon he is today. He clearly isn't up to it any more and as it's not believable for him to come in and beat Lesnar they did the right thing, he would have to be carried every year if it continued.

EAT
    SLEEP
    BREAK THE STREAK

:D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I have to disagree, the 3 man team is an absolute mess. Jerry doesn't help at all but JBL as a heel commentator lacks that something that Heyman, Ventura and Heenan had.

It's an area that the WWE is seriously lacking in, Regal would be worth a punt for me

They were witty and quick thinking while he's just shouty and belligerent.
This discussion has been closed.