Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    She looked quite thin in recent photos, might be something congenital like Stephen Gately, Karen Carpenter also sprang to mind. The way the Police keep saying a sudden death. No drugs found and she seemed in a normal state of mind. The photo of her Mum may be telling though.

She looked shockingly thin in the photo of her clubbing last week. Such sad eyes too.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I know its shocking, but why is it still the leading story on the BBC news website (haven't watched the tv)? She is dead, there is nothing much more to this story at the moment. Isn't there any non-celebrity news?
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really much else happening I suppose, only so many times you can report about not finding a missing plane.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    When I got home from work yesterday and switched on the tv I was in complete shock at what I was seeing/hearing on the news.

How terribly tragic.:( My thoughts go out to her family, especially her little boys...poor babies.:cry:

RIP Peaches.X
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I know its shocking, but why is it still the leading story on the BBC news website (haven't watched the tv)? She is dead, there is nothing much more to this story at the moment. Isn't there any non-celebrity news?

I know - it's the lead story on all the main channels. I suppose it's because she's Bob Geldof's daughter, because it can't be because of her ITV2 career.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know - it's the lead story on all the main channels. I suppose it's because she's Bob Geldof's daughter, because it can't be because of her ITV2 career.
    I think it is because everyone knows the history of her family and the tragedies involved and it is unexplained. Kate Middleton's dresses seem irrelevant.
  • Options
    hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    Terribly tragic news............. Rip Peaches x

Deepest condolences to her family and friends..........
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In her Instagram photos, she manipulated them to bring in her waist. She was already very very thin so why she felt she needed to may be telling. I hope not.

Her poor children. It's very sad.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the speculation taking place on the news channels. It will happen here and on twitter.. that's to be expected and perhaps natural. But it shouldn't be happening on news channels. Comments such as "She was thin so it's perhaps no surprise" and heavy hinting that because of a photo she posted it must be suicide. It wasn't pleasant really. People tune into the news to hear the news not to hear some random person who works in the media calling in and making statements about her weight and cause of death.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terribly, terribly sad.

I hope those poor wee boys manage to have a private, happy, well adjusted childhood. I'm sure they will - Tom seems a good egg and Bob and the extended family will take care of them.
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad indeed, as she was just 25 years old and left behind two very young boys.
    RIP Peaches.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a large detached house by the looks of things. My guess is a family member called emergency services having found her and both police and ambulance services were dispatched.

The reports in Australia said she didn't show for a meeting and couldn't be contacted so the person called the police and they did a welfare check.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hope it is from natural causes to ease the pain a little for her family and give them privacy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel heartbroken for all her family but especially those boys waking up this morning without their Mummy by their side wondering where she is. :(
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The saddest thing is that the boys will NEVER remember anything about their mother apart from what is written in the press or video clips they see. And in fact the same for their grandmother.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Wootton is a vile individual.

He is a gigantic p***k , I really hope it turns out it is a case of natural causes that took this young mother from her lovely boys, and I hope Sir Bob hunts down that troll and sends him packing back to wherever he came from, I hate that wooton is on our tv screens, rat like parasite
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Quite a lot of people seemed very nasty and aggressive when expressing opinions about her. I'm just remembering back to when she presented big brothers little brother, and if you look up any video of her from youtube and any of the comments that are more than a day or two old, there's an awful lot of things like 'stupid ****', 'trashy ****' etc... and this was regarding when she was on this morning, where she came across like a nice, intelligent girl to me. Just totally uncalled for.

Of course now, the recent comments are pretty much universally nice. That's the sad thing, I think some people forget that these celebrities are human beings with feelings. I'm sure Peaches was aware of her public image. In a lot of her public appearances, she obviously seemed desperate to shed that and her dads shadow, rather than just be seen as the spoilt little rich girl many people seemed to see her as. Of course her dads fame opened doors for her, but you can hardly blame her for taking them. People curb the abuse and reserve their nicest comments only after someone has died, when they will never get to see them. I just hope she saw the abuse for what it was- a few idiots on the internet, and didn't take it too seriously.

As someone who lost her mother at a young age, and who was often mocked or on the receiving end of some hateful abuse, I can only imagine she must have been quite depressed. I don't think things were anywhere near as rosy for her as some people liked to imagine. Money most certainly, is not everything. That picture of her and her mum on twitter is even more sad and tragic now, it's like things have gone full circle :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still in shock at this news.

She was five years younger than me. Things like this just shouldn't happen. :(
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    They broke into the BBC 6'O'Clock news to report on this.
    Whilst it is tragic news for her family and friends I thought that was taking it too far.
  • Options
    reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what the reason was, but in hindsight when I think of that last tweet, or was it an instagram, of her posting a picture of her as a little girl with her mum saying 'Me and my mum', it does seem like something was going on in her mind.
    As I say, it's only hindsight which makes it feel a bit,...well you know, it's hard to describe the feeling.

I follow her instagram she has put up photos of her mum in the past it wasn't unusual, especially as it was recently Mother's Day.
    She also posted two videos of her playing with her baby straight after the photo, it manipulative of the media to imply that that was her last public statement/interaction when it was in fact her seemingly happy with her son just being a mum.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people seemed very nasty and aggressive when expressing opinions about her. I'm just remembering back to when she presented big brothers little brother, and if you look up any video of her from youtube and any of the comments that are more than a day or two old, there's an awful lot of things like 'stupid ****', 'trashy ****' etc... and this was regarding when she was on this morning, where she came across like a nice, intelligent girl to me. Just totally uncalled for.

Of course now, the recent comments are pretty much universally nice. That's the sad thing, I think some people forget that these celebrities are human beings with feelings. I'm sure Peaches was aware of her public image. In a lot of her public appearances, she obviously seemed desperate to shed that and her dads shadow, rather than just be seen as the spoilt little rich girl many people seemed to see her as. Of course her dads fame opened doors for her, but you can hardly blame her for taking them. People curb the abuse and reserve their nicest comments only after someone has died, when they will never get to see them. I just hope she saw the abuse for what it was- a few idiots on the internet, and didn't take it too seriously.

As someone who lost her mother at a young age, and who was often mocked or on the receiving end of some hateful abuse, I can only imagine she must have been quite depressed. I don't think things were anywhere near as rosy for her as some people liked to imagine. Money most certainly, is not everything. That picture of her and her mum on twitter is even more sad and tragic now, it's like things have gone full circle :(

Isn't that standard human nature though? People 'wind us up' and we criticise them and then we express contrition when they die. Reminds me of when Jade Goody passed away.

It's nice to see that the vast majority of comments have been respectful; she certainly did seem to have turned her life around from 'spoilt party girl' to devoted wife and Mother with a maturity beyond her years.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

I totally agree. She was a pretty talentless minor z lister who only got print and tv work due to her name and connections. When I watch the news they are treating this like its the death of an A lister . She was well know and well connected in the business so it is not surprising that Celebs and major media figures are treating this as a major story - one of their own has died. Just like politicians they seem to be out of touch with the public . Most of us are sad that a young 25 year old with two small children has died but that's about it . Media navel gazing is always a turn off.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't it been reported that there were no drugs and no suicide note found at the house?

Although that doesn't actually eliminate either :(

True. And of course natural causes or genetic predispositions also happen to young people as well as old/er.

The post mortem tell us in time.

It's very sad for her family and friends. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the run up to her death, she had been extremely argumentative with some of her followers to the point where a lot unfollowed her as a result. She had posted a pic of her sick cat asking for advice and then a week later posted a message to tell her followers "you are only observers, you can't demand to know anything MY pets" it was a pretty full on rant and when some of her followers took issue with it, she was rude to them.
    She then posted a pic of Elliot Smith and someone said "murder or suicide" and she flew at this person. Gave them another full on PeachyRant. The comments are still there.

She wasn't a saint. And her death won't make her one. She often behaved like a bratty, arrogant cow. What she was, was a tormented girl who hadn't had the most pleasant childhood or teen years. It doesn't excuse her aggression but it does explain it.

I do think she has committed suicide. You only have to look at the glazed over expression in her eyes in her last selfie with the dog, Parpy. It's chilling to look at. Her posting of Elliot Smith songs and pictures and calling him her kindred spirit, alarm bells should have rung then.

I just hope those babies weren't alone at any point.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Isn't that standard human nature though? People 'wind us up' and we criticise them and then we express contrition when they die. Reminds me of when Jade Goody passed away.

It's nice to see that the vast majority of comments have been respectful; she certainly did seem to have turned her life around from 'spoilt party girl' to devoted wife and Mother with a maturity beyond her years.

Yes, it's standard, I was just pointing out that I found it sad, given the abuse she got over nothing. Every video of her just seemed full of vitriol and for what? Because they thought she was a bit spoilt? I mean it's different if someone is actually a bit of a nasty person in life and then they die and get nice comments, but Peaches wasn't a bad person at all, so it's a shame she didn't get more compliments in life, that's all I was saying.

I mean, just check out some of the comments on this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3xYbYby82k and that's probably not the worst, just one of the first I found.

Yes, she'd probably started to shut a lot of the idiots up more recently, she'd grown up a lot- people forget, she was just a teenager in a lot of those videos and acting like a lot of teenagers do. I don't think she looked all that well though, she seemed very thin and pale, and not sure if she'd had cosmetic surgery, but her lips looked odd. As others have said, I hope this is not drugs related or suicide.