I've just found my dog unconscious on the kitchen floor

124»

Comments

• riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people just have too much time on their hands but worrying genuine people who care about animals and try to help is just childish and stupid.
    Way too much rubbish for this to be true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Well if this is untrue, now I've re-read everything, your a disgusting human being for making up such a story, animals are my passion and to believe you have made something up like this sickens me.

I'm really hoping everyone is incorrect for the dogs sake for having such a stupid owner! What have you got to say OP????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP managed to find the presence of mind to start a thread about a soap couple AS WELL AS this thread whilst his dog was sick. Complete WUM.
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The things that got me questioning all this, apart from the writing on DS threads whllst the OP's dog was 'unconsious', and no payment of a fee up front were:

The OP said that they rang a vets' surgery at approx 5.50 p.m. and made an appt for Monday. I have never been aware of a vets' surgery actually being open for making appointments at that late a time on a Sat. They usually close midday, or in the case of clinics in shops, around 4.00.p.m.

The new vet supposedly made an appt to come and see the OP's dog at 7.30 p.m. Unless this was just a guide to what time they would arrive it seems very odd to specify an exact appt time if they were attending an 'emergency'.

The OP supposedy made an appt for Tues with the new vet, but surely if the blood results weren't due until 4 days from Sat i.e. Wed, it would make sense to wait until they had arrived.

If I am wrong, and this did all happen as the OP stated, then I shall be more than happy to apologise for my misgivings. But having seen that they also write as an 'executive producer' for a DS fantasy soap thread I now seriously doubt it. Which imo is a great shame as it means I shall now be very wary of similar threads and may not bother to respond when someone actually has a real emergency in the future. :(
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping everyone is incorrect for the dogs sake for having such a stupid owner! What have you got to say OP????

There probably is no dog
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to put myself in the OP's position.
    First my vet (along with many others I should imagine) is closed from Saturday lunchtime to Monday. But along with all the other vets in the area they operate out of hours. In my case it's themselves - other vets use a specific out of hours service.
    But let's say they were open late Saturday afternoon. If I rung them to say my dog was unconscious I can't imagine any vet just saying 'OK we will see him/her tomorrow'. (so Sunday not Monday btw). It just wouldn't happen. If they couldn't deal with it themselves they would suggest an alternative.
    End of.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP hasn't been back since we worked it out. I think that says it all.

Shameful.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollymarie wrote: »
    The OP hasn't been back since we worked it out. I think that says it all.

Shameful.

They were back to post on a soap though.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were back to post on a soap though.

Sad bint.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone sent the OP a PM to ask what's going on?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the OP wanted some attention.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone sent the OP a PM to ask what's going on?

Why? They clearly made it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    OP - get a life! For God's sake don't ever have any animals of your own.