Options

Is Amanda Ghost the breath of fresh X Factor UK is needing on the panel?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Simon Cowell has said that the final judging post will most likely go to an industry expert rather than a "celebrity! Amanda Ghost has so much experience in the industry both in a managerial role, as Epic Records President and as a singer songwriter.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/180480-x-factor-judges-2014-simon-cowell-doesnt-want-a-celebrity-judge.html

Here is what she has accomplished in her career

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Ghost

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a recent Interview with her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vMAn6YgiE
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She worked with Alexandra Burke for her first album Overcome. She wrote the song Fear Of Flying which Alex recorded but didn't end up making the album.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I think Robin Antin would be a better choice personally.

She created the Pussycat Dolls and recent girl group G.R.L who feature on Pitbull's latest song.

She also has experience on talent shows, she created Girlicious on one and searched for a new member of PCD on another.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

She created the Pussycat Dolls and recent girl group G.R.L who feature on Pitbull's latest song.

She also has experience on talent shows, she created Girlicious on one and searched for a new member of PCD on another.

Me too actually. She was also a judge on Abby' s Ultimate Dance Compeition and could therefore judge more on performance than singing ability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda is a three time Ivor Novello winner, President of Epic Records and nominated for 3 Grammy Awards.

Massive Songs she have been involved in writing are:-

Beautiful Liar- Beyonce and Shakira
    You're Beautiful:- James Blunt
    Red:- Daniel Merriwhether
    Tattoo:- Jordin Sparks

Amanda also co-wrote four songs for Beyoncé's third album, I Am… Sasha Fierce; "Disappear", "Satellites" and "Ave Maria" and "Once in a Lifetime".

I think her accolades majorley outweigh those of Robin's tbh
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Amanda is a three time Ivor Novello winner, President of Epic Records and nominated for 3 Grammy Awards.

Massive Songs she have been involved in writing are:-

Beautiful Liar- Beyonce and Shakira
    You're Beautiful:- James Blunt
    Red:- Daniel Merriwhether
    Tattoo:- Jordin Sparks

Amanda also co-wrote four songs for Beyoncé's third album, I Am… Sasha Fierce; "Disappear", "Satellites" and "Ave Maria" and "Once in a Lifetime".

I think her accolades majorley outweigh those of Robin's tbh

But that doesn't mean she'll be a great TV judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that doesn't mean she'll be a great TV judge.

I just want someone new, she knows what she is talking about as seen in interviews, a great tv judge isn't necessarily crazy, in your face. She is passionate about music, and has signed many stars, why wouldn't you want someone who knows what a superstar is and has worked with them. She seems very articulate, and seems to have firm beliefs in what she is looking for in an artist
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Robin doesn't have a very good track record. Her only success is PCD so far. Girlicious and The Paradiso Girls failed despite high profile launches. G.R.L might be different, but look how many years it's taken for her to create a group with similar potential to PCD.

Plus a lot of her groups complain about her choosing an "it girl" who has too much power within the group.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    They could always get Nicole back. Oh that's right, she's too beautiful and talented to be sat next to Cheryl...
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's definitely experienced and accomplished as a songwriter and producer but as a record executive her experience consists of 20 dire months running Epic before being fired.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she seems a bit 'meh' in her interviews
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Simon has a song writer on the panel as I find most of the time ' big stars ' are a let down plus they would be able to write a winners song rather then use a cover and possible help with the winners album
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see Karen Poole as a judge.
  • Options
    TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Kara DioGuardi flopping on American Idol has changed his mind?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I've heard Melanie McCabe is in the running too, she might as well be she's been featured just as much as the other judges over the past 5/6 years.