Please, don't five Claudia the job.

Comments

• pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    report in todays sun says bbc have offered Claudia the job
  • MissT10MissT10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I think they should try the next series with the set up when Bruce was away. Tess doing the main role & Claudia in the tesspit. This is a safe solution to see how it goes

I agree 100%. Why bring in a new presenter who may not be able to handle format, when you have someone who already has experience.

Plus, I think it would be great if the Beeb had the nerve to have to female presenters rather than going for the old 'boy, plus girl'.
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should try the next series with the set up when Bruce was away. Tess doing the main role & Claudia in the tesspit. This is a safe solution to see how it goes

According to the DM that is what they are planning to do - although the headline is very misleading as it seems to suggest Claudia is taking over from Bruce - but when you read the article she will in fact take over from Tess (if it goes ahead I don't think its been finalised yet).

I don't mind that - not my first preference but they were great during Bruces weeks off just hope they can sustain it for a whole series. I am not sure if Tess is up to that. I was hoping they would give Anton a try.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2599485/Claudia-Winkleman-replace-Sir-Bruce-Forsyth-Strictly-Come-Dancing-alongside-Tess-Daly.html
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot stand the mumbling Claudia. I for one won't watch. I would even take Alex Jones and Matt Baker above her
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sorry I have to agree with you TOTTALLY on this ...Claudia " panda eyes "Winkeleman is a nightmare ..she has decimated my favourite BBC film critic programme being a total embarrassment on screen but this woman is a total joke ! she cant put two sentences together and makes countless gaffes !...I wont be watching it with her on in any case why have 2 women together it should be man and woman !...I think the BBC has give her so much air time as they are trying to lure the "young " audience !...BBC please keep this woman off our screens !...How about Matt Baker ? hed be my choice ! I also think Brucie was VERY unfairly criticized !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Claudia is given the Strictly job I want my licence fee refunded ! ..surely appointing her is classed as fraud isn't it ? lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Im sorry I have to agree with you TOTTALLY on this ...Claudia " panda eyes "Winkeleman is a nightmare ..she has decimated my favourite BBC film critic programme being a total embarrassment on screen but this woman is a total joke ! she cant put two sentences together and makes countless gaffes !...I wont be watching it with her on in any case why have 2 women together it should be man and woman !...I think the BBC has give her so much air time as they are trying to lure the "young " audience !...BBC please keep this woman off our screens !...How about Matt Baker ? hed be my choice ! I also think Brucie was VERY unfairly criticized !
    Yes, Matt Baker would be ok with Tess. I think it will be so disappointing the end for the show if they get the awful Claudia. She is ok in small doses. I do miss Brucie though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no, please not Matt Baker, so annoying, or Alex Jones equally annoying, but then again I don't think Claudia is right either!
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need a big name to compete with the X Factor. this year what with Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole back this year. Tess and Claudia do not have the pulling power for a big Autumn Saturday night entertainment show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glinny wrote: »
    They need a big name to compete with the X Factor. this year what with Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole back this year. Tess and Claudia do not have the pulling power for a big Autumn Saturday night entertainment show.
    I don't think they need a big name but just someone who fits. Bruce had his own special way. He was lovely to the contestants and mean to the judges. I don't think Claudia has any charm about her. I don't think Anton has enough experience as a host. What about the man who does BBC Breakfast
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    I don't think they need a big name but just someone who fits. Bruce had his own special way. He was lovely to the contestants and mean to the judges. I don't think Claudia has any charm about her. I don't think Anton has enough experience as a host. What about the man who does BBC Breakfast
    Clearly those of you who don't think Claudia has charm or wit, haven't been watching her for the past several weeks hosting 'The Great British Sewing Bee'. She has been superb in charm, wit, empathising with contestants and linking with the judges. Can't imagine anyone doing a better job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Clearly those of you who don't think Claudia has charm or wit, haven't been watching her for the past several weeks hosting 'The Great British Sewing Bee'. She has been superb in charm, wit, empathising with contestants and linking with the judges. Can't imagine anyone doing a better job.
    She just doesn't fit this show. It is bigger than the sewing bee which is a niche programme
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Claudia so I won't be watching if she presents it. I would like Anton :) but looks like the beeb has already decided to promote within the ranks :(
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be a host of naysayers whoever gets the gig. I can live with a Claudia - Tess combo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to be joking ?....decimated film2013/14 embarrassment on Strictly and The Sewing Bee god ! ..has charm and wit ! ???? your standards must be so low ! ..please someone take this woman off the tv ! :)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Claudia is a positive choice. I like her as a presenter. Quirky dry intelligent and not me me me....Good luck to her.
    Forum Member
    There are still some on here living in the 19th century. It does not have to be a man. That's against the gender discrimination laws we have in this country, although obviously some still live in the "man presents with pretty dumb woman to twirl on his arm" age.

It needs to be the best PERSON for the job regardless of gender. Tess and Claudia actually gained viewers when Clauda stood in for Fforsyth.

Whoever it is will please some and alienate others. Anyone who stops watching because of one person obviously isn't interested in the show itself. I couldn't abide Fforsyth but muted his ramblings because I liked all the rest.

And in the poll that's currently running on this thread, the Tess/Claudia combo is way out front. So the those denigrating Claudia are in the minority - which includes you filmfan7. Who's joking? Not the majority.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We love Claudia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I see her as "main" presenter but Claudia is absolutely perfect for the Tesspit role
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the roll eyes emoticon when you need it ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are still some on here living in the 19th century. It does not have to be a man. That's against the gender discrimination laws we have in this country, although obviously some still live in the "man presents with pretty dumb woman to twirl on his arm" age.

It needs to be the best PERSON for the job regardless of gender. Tess and Claudia actually gained viewers when Clauda stood in for Fforsyth.

Whoever it is will please some and alienate others. Anyone who stops watching because of one person obviously isn't interested in the show itself. I couldn't abide Fforsyth but muted his ramblings because I liked all the rest.

And in the poll that's currently running on this thread, the Tess/Claudia combo is way out front. So the those denigrating Claudia are in the minority - which includes you filmfan7. Who's joking? Not the majority.

Sorry Janet ive looked at other polls outside DS and Calamitas Cuelvilla Claudia isn't very popular on this show or any other show ! I thought we paid our licence fee to the BBC for quality and talent and Claudia has neither ! They must be desperate !
  • Patent PendingPatent Pending Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I think Graham Norton should take over from Forsyth and Winkleman should replace Daley. Daley would be pushed off.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've nothing against Claudia; I liked her when she did ITT, but as full-time Strictly presenter - no, definitely not. She's far too zany for a start, but apart from that the combination of Claudia and Tess seems just wrong.

I still find it hard to believe that her half sister is Lady Frederick Windsor - I wonder if she acts more sensibly if/when she gets invited to parties or whatever by Sophie and the Royals are present?
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I certainly haven't been watching the sewing bee show; I'd rather watch grass grow!
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I certainly haven't been watching the sewing bee show; I'd rather watch grass grow!
    You'd be amazed how many people came across it by accident and got hooked, including men. Usually people who say they wouldn't be interested haven't watched even part of an episode so have no idea what they're talking about. Like people who don't like a particular food, but haven't tasted it.