Options

Game Of Thrones Season 4 [US Sun/UK Mon] [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to click the spoiler links posted in this thread but having rewatched the episode I think I know what they're referring to. Does it count as spoilers to discuss it? It's right there in the episode.

Not wanting to be one of the self-important, self-appointed spoiler police, I'll just say that the link contains spoilers beyond what was shown in the episode. The use of "spoiler" by the poster is a correct warning. If you want to stay within the limits of what you've watched so far, I'd advise you not to click that link (I presume you meant the one posted by Addisonian).
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    Poisoning the drink whilst Joffrey was cutting the pie and everyone was looking at him, would have been the perfect moment to do it. The goblet was right in front of Olena, still think its her.

I suppose she could be worried for Margaery's safety being married to such a monster, but dynastically Margaery is now out of the loop - as with Renly she hasn't managed to produce an heir.
    Margaery could be married off to Tommen I suppose, but its going to be a hard sell with her being on her third husband and also being so much older than him.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not one mention of the best funniest moment from the start?
    Continuing last weeks "Jaime waving" and "Joff's statue melding into Joff in the same pose" theme - Cutting from a close up of Theon, to a giant sausage....

We laughed, anyway!

Now, getting dow to business.

Can someone remind me what exactly is happening with Bran?
    After leaving Winterfell, he, Hodor, Osha and Rickon, along with the Reed siblings were heading to Castle Black.
    They then split and Bran decided to go North of the wall, with Rickon continuing with Osha to Castle Black.
    Bran and group have now gone North and he had the vision.

Have I got this right so far?
    And do I take it from the vision that he's now going to go south to Kings Landing?

They already did the sausage gag last season though with the camera focus going from Theon to Ramsay eating a giant sausage.

Bran storyline - almost Right.

The voice in the Vision told Bran to find him in the North under the Tree, so Bran and Co are going further North not south.

Rickon and Osha are going to the Umbers and not Castle Black, House Umber are Bannermen to the Starks, Greatjon Umber was seen in Season 1 (he had his fingers bit off by Robb's Direwolf).

Roose Bolton has sent Locke to find the Stark Kids but he is going to Castle Black so won't find them straight away.

I have not read the books or spoilers. My longer term arc is something like, the little bro becomes king, his is killed so it defults to jamie who marries brianne. The dragon mother tops him in a huge battle and Tyrion is king!

Jaime and Tyrion are Lannisters so the Throne can't default to them, that would be like the Throne of England going to Pippa Middleton if all the Windsors died off.

Cersei promotes her and her Childrens Lannisterness all the time (note how Joff was introduced as of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon) but the official Royal family is Baratheon.
    storm818 wrote: »
    So whodunnit?

It depends on where the poison was released, the pie or the wine.

If it was the pie then it could literally be anyone at that wedding.

If it was the wine (more likely as it only affects Joffrey) then the prime suspect has to be Olena.

When the pie arrives, Joffrey gives Tyrion the goblet to put down which he does right in front of Olena - she then shoots Tyrion a knowing look. Olena was the closest person to the goblet who would want Joffrey dead so i'm going with her.

One Interesting thing is that Cersei sends Grand Maester Pycelle off to the Kitchens. Being a Maester (one of their duties would be to study poisons and their antidotes), Pycelle may well have had the knowledge to save Joff if he got to him in time but of course he had been sent away.

Another possibility is if the Poison was in the Pie maybe it was Pycelle himself who put it there when he went to the Kitchens.

Of course it may all turn out that Joff just choked on a bit of dead Pigeon/Dove and there was no Poison or Poisoner :D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's dead! Never have I wanted a character to die more in my entire life. Well done all around for making Joffrey such a loathsome creature.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    ...Cersei promotes her and her Childrens Lannisterness all the time (note how Joff was introduced as of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon) but the official Royal family is Baratheon...

Yes I'd noticed there was almost nothing to celebrate house Baratheon at the wedding - the only stags I saw were on the tapestry behind the royal chair and even there they were accompanied by equal lions.
    I suppose it makes sense in a way - the rest of house Baratheon have been fighting to grab the throne for themselves.
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to read the spoilers in this thread but I have no idea who did it. Cersei would make a good twist but I doubt it was her.

I am glad that Joffrey finally got his come uppence. He really was hateful. But I am sad to see the actor go as he played that character really well.

i caved and read it :( no backbone me
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling that Joffery was going to die in this episode even before the episode aired in the states as IGN had a couple of articles about him, especially one they had done last year and decided to run again about the 5 worst things he had done, plus it was a wedding episode as well.
    Then yesterday they seemed to run more articles which I didn't click on
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Yes I'd noticed there was almost nothing to celebrate house Baratheon at the wedding - the only stags I saw were on the tapestry behind the royal chair and even there they were accompanied by equal lions.
    I suppose it makes sense in a way - the rest of house Baratheon have been fighting to grab the throne for themselves.

Joffrey's Royal Banner is the crowned stag alongside the golden lion.

House Baratheon has the crowned stag, the stag being the sigil and the crown representing royalty. So from his father.

The golden lion is the sigil of House Lannister, from his mother.

I don't know if there has been enough in the show to judge if this is typical or not- however with the Lannisters is anybody surprised lol!

It was seen in other places at the wedding and last week Tyrion was waiting for the Prince with that banner, as a representative of the King.

I only glimpsed the Rose (House Tyrell) and the Lion, possibly the stag too, on the cup Margaery's father gave Joffrey as a gift.

Didn't see many Rose sigil's at the wedding, or maybe I just didn't spot them.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced it's Olenna.

I said last week it struck me as significant that Olenna told Margaery not to speak out against Joffrey even to her in private.

Such a contrast to their arrival in Kings Landing when they sat down Sansa, encouraging her to talk saying she had nothing to fear.

The game had most certainly changed since then and Olenna knew it.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brill episode! Excellent acting from Jack in his final scenes, but he's always be a great actor in this. :)

Can we get rid of Cersei now please?:D
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i keep thinking it's cersei - she said a couple of seasons back how her son was turning into an uncontrollable monster. wouldn't tommen be easier for her to manipulate..?

these are my thoughts too :) shes seems to want to keep control of the crown , and didnt want Margaery anywhere near it
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    well if i had rules about Game of thrones

No 1. would be stay away from Margaery , is that both husbands now murdered

:)
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amazing use of make up at the end there

someone had semi spoiled the royal wedding 3 years ago for me but the manner in which it all happened was still shocking to me as i always expected a stabbing in the bedroom or something.

who did it? great mystery can unfold now, suspects being: the tyrells,sansa,tyrion,martells,cersei or maybe even the plump fool who helped sansa.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow, Sand and Stone are all bastard names
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Well that was a fun episode. Joffrey behaved like a right little ¤¤¤¤ and his death became all the more satisfying because of it. In a weird way, I'll sort of miss him but he had it coming big time.

Cersei's OTT crying was more amusing than distressing though and she didn't waste anytime blaming Tyrion as well for it. Obviously it wasn't Tyrion or Sansa, despite her leaving in a hurry though.

Maybe men shouldn't marry Margaery after all. it doesn't seem to end well for them, does it?

I continue to enjoy Oberyn and his dressing down of Cersei made me enjoy him all the more as well. Nicely done, especially given how horrible Cersei was to Brienne in this episode.

The warg stuff with Bran is certainly getting interesting as well. Can't wait to see where it's going to go in the next few episodes.

Melisandre and Shireen's conversation was pretty interesting too.

Ramsay is scary through and through. I really do feel for Theon now, in spite of the things he's done.

There was a good few missing characters here but that helped the episode overall, 9/10
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Snow, Sand and Stone are all bastard names
    The bastard names for each region are:

Crownlands - Waters
    Dorne - Sand
    Iron Islands - Pyke
    North - Snow
    Reach - Flowers
    Riverlands - Rivers
    Stormlands - Storm
    Vale - Stone
    Westerlands - Hill

But only known highborn bastards get the surname. Those assumed to be lowborn (like Gendry) only have a first name - although as Robert's bastard he should either be Gendry Storm or Gendry Waters.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    My latest blog post reviews episode 2, take a look if interested :)

http://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/game-of-thrones-ding-dong-the-king-is-dead/
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Yeah but i found out about his death through an idiot. It was on the article last year where Jack Gleeson said he was thinking of giving up acting after his stint on GOT and some member on the comments section said "well he dies in the next series anyway", so it wasn't something i could avoid when the article in question had zero to do with the show but to do with the actor's life after GOT.

I still stand by my comment on Cersei doing it. I know members on here have shut down and I quote my "leftfield idea" regarding it, but i do.

Not read the spoilers or the book ...but I agree Cersei is a good candidate . She been slowly realising that Joffrey is getting more unhinged and threatens the Lannisters position . She has a younger more pliable prince to become King and it would prevent Highgardens obvious ambitions to the throne ....oh and she hates Margery :) Personally I would love it to be Sansa as this would mean the last innocent has been corrupted by Westeros . Oberon too obvious ......Varish would be interesting but maybe a step too far for even him .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brill episode! Excellent acting from Jack in his final scenes, but he's always be a great actor in this. :)

Can we get rid of Cersei now please?:D

No ! Cersei is a great character we need the intrigue she brings to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I suppose she could be worried for Margaery's safety being married to such a monster, but dynastically Margaery is now out of the loop - as with Renly she hasn't managed to produce an heir.
    Margaery could be married off to Tommen I suppose, but its going to be a hard sell with her being on her third husband and also being so much older than him.

Probably not that hard of a sell.....the Lannisters are heavily in debt to the Tyrells so they're in no position to say no .
  • Options
    Virtual PaulVirtual Paul Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see why the Tyrells would want to kill the King just as they're getting to enjoy the power and privilege that the marriage would bring.

It doesn't feel right that they'd even try to set Margaery up with Tommen, the age difference between her and Joffrey was bad enough!

So can't see what the Tyrells have to gain other than avoiding Margaery being exposed to Joffrey's sadistic whims.

If Sansa didn't do it then I think her going off with the fool (if indeed she did) would make her look guilty (in cahoots with Tyrion) so maybe she'll be wrongly accused as Tyrion probably is.

Hope we find out next episode so things can move on and less risk of it getting spoiled by people on the internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see why the Tyrells would want to kill the King just as they're getting to enjoy the power and privilege that the marriage would bring.
    Olenna doesn't care about that; she thinks the Tyrells should have kept right out, so it would be win-win for her - Margaery is free from Joffrey, and the Tyrells are free from the Lannisters (you'd assume).
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It doesn't feel right that they'd even try to set Margaery up with Tommen, the age difference between her and Joffrey was bad enough!

So can't see what the Tyrells have to gain other than avoiding Margaery being exposed to Joffrey's sadistic whims.

If Sansa didn't do it then I think her going off with the fool (if indeed she did) would make her look guilty (in cahoots with Tyrion) so maybe she'll be wrongly accused as Tyrion probably is.

Hope we find out next episode so things can move on and less risk of it getting spoiled by people on the internet.

BIB: Stability. With Joffrey as king, the whole of Westeros was subject to his whims and fancies. As much as Cersei/Tywin/whoever tried to control him, the fact he had the crown on his head made his word law. The Tyrells are in a good position right now, imo. They may not have royal connections yet, but the people of Kings Landing aren't going to be quick to forget Margery's generosity - she is a popular figure, and popularity isn't to be sniffed at. There's also the Lannister's debts, which are not inconsiderable, and give the Tyrells a lot of power over the Lannisters.

Margery marrying Tommen? I can't see Cersei going for that at all, but Tywin could easily step in and order it so. The age difference is a bit off, but then marriage in Westeros isn't a contract of love and commitment so much as a bargaining chip and way to make allies. In that case, age barely makes a difference.

I think Olenna is behind all this, but she'll never be found culpable. She's too smart for that.
  • Options
    WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people would take their spoilers to the other thread. The very first post in this thread says this...

If you've read the books, heard plot spoilers elsewhere, or read rumours about cast members leaving do not post here about them. Don't even hide them in spoiler tags, this thread is not for that.

Once again, no book revelations here please, the book forum is further down the page, try there, they will be happy to have you. .

So why are people still posting spoilers ? >:(

I think we need the mods to add a big fck off 'NO SPOILERS' to the thread title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people would take their spoilers to the other thread. The very first post in this thread says this...

So why are people still posting spoilers ? >:(

I think we need the mods to add a big fck off 'NO SPOILERS' to the thread title.
    Where's the spoilers? All I'm seeing is speculation and forensic deconstruction of scenes.
  • Options
    WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Where's the spoilers? All I'm seeing is speculation and forensic deconstruction of scenes.

The first post on page 19, just for starters, it's not the only one. Someone else has also given their guess at who killed Joffrey and then later said they turned out to be right, having since read spoilers.