Options

Muppets Most Wanted (2014)

D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know this film seems to have slipped under the radar and doesn't seem to have made as much money as it's predecessor - but I actually thought it was great!

Fun plot, great songs and seemed to be more about the actual Muppets rather than the human actors.

Although missing the heart and magic of the 2011 version, it was absolutely bonkers and a lot funnier than the original - felt more 'Muppety'. Also Constantine was hilarious and great new addition!
May have been worth the entrance fee for the Miss Piggy and Celine Dion duet alone...

Comments

• Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see it, but cannot stand Ricky Gervais (as i think may be a lot of people's problem), so im probably gonna have to give it a miss.
    Is he in it a lot?
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Ho ho. A complete muppet in a muppet film.

Gervais till trying to weasel his way into the US mainstream is he? How does this sit with his 'edgy' pick on something humour then?
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see it, but cannot stand Ricky Gervais (as i think may be a lot of people's problem), so im probably gonna have to give it a miss.
    Is he in it a lot?
    Ho ho. A complete muppet in a muppet film.

Gervais till trying to weasel his way into the US mainstream is he? How does this sit with his 'edgy' pick on something humour then?
    I loathe Gervais (can't watch ANYTHING with him in) but he is quite bearable in this. Like the other human actors, he has his fair share of scenes but in no way dominates or takes over. The Muppets steal the show as always...
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to see it, LOVED the first one, Wish Amy Adamson and Jason Segal wwere in it again though, they were great in the first one.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else think Kermit looked fat in this one?!