Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Options
    ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the video. Some of the special effects are quite good but it's not my favourite video of theirs. It's a bit boring I think. For me their best video is still Best Song Ever.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqQDCxRCzM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the video. Some of the special effects are quite good but it's not my favourite video of theirs. It's a bit boring I think. For me their best video is still Best Song Ever.

Awww. I liked it. They all looked soooooooooooo cute. Seems like the song is remixed slightly too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Awww. I liked it. They all looked soooooooooooo cute. Seems like the song is remixed slightly too?

Yeah they did look good! Don't they always? :D

I wish Liam had shaved though, I'm not keen on the shaggy look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they did look good! Don't they always? :D

I wish Liam had shaved though, I'm not keen on the shaggy look.

That's true. And that long beard makes him look slightly chubby. :blush: He's still a gorgeous cutie though.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too much harry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true. And that long beard makes him look slightly chubby. :blush: He's still a gorgeous cutie though.

Yeah I get what you mean, it makes his face seem a little rounder. Like you say though he's still gorge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too much harry

Hmmm I didn't think so. They obviously focused in whoever was singing their part so I suppose the fact that Harry sings the chorus too would give him more camera time but I thought it was fine. The only thing I would've preferred is for them to have focused on Zayn when he sings his high note as for me that's one of the best parts of the song.

My favourite bit is when Louis jumps off that box and then morphs into the Louis in the air. :D
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's the radio version.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, not much they can do with it being a ballad but liked the special effects altho thought they all looked a bit rough :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I liked it, not much they can do with it being a ballad but liked the special effects altho thought they all looked a bit rough :o

What? Even Zayn? :o:o:D

See what you mean about Harry singing guards instead of gods. Lol. Never noticed it till you said it.
    Grammar lessons for the songwriters and diction lessons for Harry. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I didn't think so. They obviously focused in whoever was singing their part so I suppose the fact that Harry sings the chorus too would give him more camera time but I thought it was fine. The only thing I would've preferred is for them to have focused on Zayn when he sings his high note as for me that's one of the best parts of the song.

My favourite bit is when Louis jumps off that box and then morphs into the Louis in the air. :D

Zayn girls are in meltdown on twitter about too much Harry and not enough Zayn. :o
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the video a lot more than I thought I would, it's guide good for a ballad! I really enjoyed watching it until the end.
    It's not as great as BSE, but many videos aren't IMO! It's a good job overall, and I like that it looks like it was all shot in one take with the camera movement (though we know it to actually be untrue).

I know what twingle means about the boys looking a bit rough (minus Zayn IMO)... But I remember it being cold on the day of the shoot according to the pics we saw (Harry seemed frozen, though he might have been sick at the time), and they were shooting only in jeans & a jumper.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed by the video. It's a really beautiful song, a big song but the video felt very limiting and dreary and no narrative whatsoever. One can make a ballad video beautiful and compelling if you have an imaginative storyline/concept but this was lacking in that department. Perhaps Ben Winston was attempting to be minimalist....

Zayn looked very handsome, I must say :blush:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I liked the video a lot more than I thought I would, it's guide good for a ballad! I really enjoyed watching it until the end.
    It's not as great as BSE, but many videos aren't IMO! It's a good job overall, and I like that it looks like it was all shot in one take with the camera movement (though we know it to actually be untrue).

I know what twingle means about the boys looking a bit rough (minus Zayn IMO)... But I remember it being cold on the day of the shoot according to the pics we saw (Harry seemed frozen, though he might have been sick at the time), and they were shooting only in jeans & a jumper.

The weather was bad that day you're right. Did you notice the sky was miraculously blue in the video? The wonders of camera filters. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed by the video. It's a really beautiful song, a big song but the video felt very limiting and dreary and no narrative whatsoever. One can make a ballad video beautiful and compelling if you have an imaginative storyline/concept but this was lacking in that department. Perhaps Ben Winston was attempting to be minimalist....

Utter perfection. :D I don't think he's Human. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The problem could be the fans themselves: they can't stand for the boys to be paired up with a girl in videos, so the boys probably wouldn't be the be ones used to narrate the love story. They might hire actors/models to play the couple in love & we'd see the boys less -wich might also lead to another sort of uproar... Unless they start ignoring the potencially rather childish reactions from the fanbase. I think it's difficult to find a perfect solution, there will always be people who are disapointed.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like it.:) understated, but it works. They all look good in it as well.:)
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good video though I wanted more of a storyline rather than an excuse to show some decent special effects. I suppose my problem is the fact that I wanted a different song. Video a lot better than Midnight Memories though.
    If you type in Liam Shaved on Twitter you will see a picture of Liam from last night looking a lot thinner in the face. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    If you type in Liam Shaved on Twitter you will see a picture of Liam from last night looking a lot thinner in the face. ;-)

Just done it and he looks very handsome here I think...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dinamelia_/status/457136800654315520
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree that he looks very handsome there.
    It suits him better that the look in the video IMO, but maybe the boys are at an age when they want to look like men & not boys, and think facial hair is the best way to do it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree that he looks very handsome there.
    It suits him better that the look in the video IMO, but maybe the boys are at an age when they want to look like men & not boys, and think facial hair is the best way to do it...

He looks gorgeous. He's going to age really well I think like David Beckham. I think with the beard though he let it get really out of control. I mean Zayn grew a full beard a few months ago and kept it well and looked as gorgeous as ever but Liam's did not suit him. Liam suits just stubble better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone going to get a MM vinyl picture disc tomorrow? I am going to try and get up early and see if I can get one.

I wonder how much they'll be? Locations are on the 1D website. Sorry I can't link to it. I got a new phone and can't work out how to copy and paste using Android. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In strange/absurd news:
    A fanfic "inspired" by Harry will be published & might even be made into a film:
    http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/book-club/1033171/one-direction-fan-fiction-after-be-made-movie
    Isn't that what happened with 50 shades of Grey (first a SM Twilight fanfic inspired by Robert Pattinson which then was turned into an original story)? Or maybe I got that wrong... I haven't read either anyway.
    Maybe I am thinking about 50 Shades of Grey because it's similar in storyline from what I understand in the article.

And it seems that Tyler Oakley fellt like trolling the 1D fans on twitter this afternoon:
    https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457198645235159040 & https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457199084668198912
    Which earned him to spend some time as top trend & seems to have delighted him https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457243892450992128 -not that he was all that popular: while some were praising him as their "Queen", quite a few were slating him...
    I think it's a bit childish from Tyler (he knew he was baiting), but the 1D fans were not very mature either and seem to have taken the bait which is a shame... though quite a few fans are very young, so maybe I should not expect maturity.

Side topic: I really dislike all those "he/she is my queen!" statements, whether it's about Leona Lewis or Tyler... but people seem to love them nowadays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In strange/absurd news:
    A fanfic "inspired" by Harry will be published & might even be made into a film:
    http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/book-club/1033171/one-direction-fan-fiction-after-be-made-movie
    Isn't that what happened with 50 shades of Grey (first a SM Twilight fanfic inspired by Robert Pattinson which then was turned into an original story)? Or maybe I got that wrong... I haven't read either anyway.
    Maybe I am thinking about 50 Shades of Grey because it's similar in storyline from what I understand in the article.

And it seems that Tyler Oakley fellt like trolling the 1D fans on twitter this afternoon:
    https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457198645235159040 & https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457199084668198912
    Which earned him to spend some time as top trend & seems to have delighted him https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/457243892450992128 -not that he was all that popular: while some were praising him as their "Queen", quite a few were slating him...
    I think it's a bit childish from Tyler (he knew he was baiting), but the 1D fans were not very mature either and seem to have taken the bait which is a shame... though quite a few fans are very young, so maybe I should not expect maturity.

Side topic: I really dislike all those "he/she is my queen!" statements, whether it's about Leona Lewis or Tyler... but people seem to love them nowadays.

He's probably annoyed that Liam called him out quite rightly on Duck Dynasty gate. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the list of stores if you want to try and get the Vinyl record tomorrow morning:

Record Store Day – Stores Announced
    17th April 2014
    This Saturday 19th, you could get your hands on an exclusive, 7 inch vinyl from One Direction.

As part of Record Store Day, the guys are unveiling a ‘Midnight Memories’ single record version, with never before seen pics on it - and one of them could be yours.

Don’t forget:

Limited number of 1D vinyl records will be available.
    Sold on a first come, first served basis.
    It is likely to be only 1 record sold per person – so if your mates want one, you might want to bring them along.
    Only available in independent physical record stores below – not available online.
    If you get one, tweet @onedirection a pic with the hashtag #1DVinyl.

Locations are as follows:

Intense Records – Chelmsford
    Global Groove Records – Hanley
    Drift Records – Totnes
    Classic LPS – Malvern
    Film, Music & Nostalgia – Wrexham
    Kaleidoscope Records – St Helens
    ST Records – Dudley
    Kaleidoscope Records - Bishops Stortford
    Cruisin Records – Welling
    Terrys Music - Pontypridd
    Replay – Kendal