Black blob with silhouette of a begging squirrel in it has appeared on laptop screen

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
Picture here: http://s21.postimg.org/aab7d436v/blob.jpg

It just appeared 5 minutes ago on the bottom right corner. I tried closing and opening the screen, restarting etc but it won't go. Very annoying. The screen's also been flickering a lot lately, especially on black coloured websites. Any idea? Could it be a problem with the graphics card maybe?

Comments

• technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lazy answer....probably spyware or some nasty

Download malware bytes and run it in SAFE mode (press F8 as PC boots up > choose safe mode).

Once its done, reboot and you should be good.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Picture here: http://s21.postimg.org/aab7d436v/blob.jpg

It just appeared 5 minutes ago on the bottom right corner. I tried closing and opening the screen, restarting etc but it won't go. Very annoying. The screen's also been flickering a lot lately, especially on black coloured websites. Any idea? Could it be a problem with the graphics card maybe?
    First question is it still there when booting up/shutting down/login screen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks like impact damage to the LCD screen rather than anything else.

You can see teh effect I mean if you press (lightly!) somewhere else on the screen, the image will sort of bleed away to a white blob, when you remove your finger the image will return.

What that looks like is what happens if you press to hard and it generally means the screen is fckd
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It looks like it is on the lcd not the display if that makes sense. Damaged screen i would say
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    <note the user name> Definitely damage of some sort, matrix has been squished, repair not an option, you'll have to replace the screen IMO. You can try gentle massage with a clean cloth but I'm pretty sure it's had it.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    <note the user name> Definitely damage of some sort, matrix has been squished, repair not an option, you'll have to replace the screen IMO. You can try gentle massage with a clean cloth but I'm pretty sure it's had it.

This.

Oh, and charge that bloody battery.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new screen i'd agree with
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    This.

Oh, and charge that bloody battery.

it is charging ;)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more intrigued by the fact the OP can see "a begging squirrel".
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more intrigued by the fact the OP can see "a begging squirrel".

It's an eagle coming in to land.

Or maybe it's a workman carrying a bunch of flowers.