***The KATY PERRY Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha she is an incredibly beautiful woman I love this scene from The One That got Away http://im.wk.io/images/v/58db67/katy-perry-s-the-one-that-got-away-video.jpeg .
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    I love that shot! ^

Katy has debuted her green hair...

Looks okay, I think. :) I thought that it would look awful. She can pull off any hair colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah not feeling it TBH looks kind of skaggy. It was orange in the B'day lyric video that wasn't good either.

Talking of B'day brilliant lyric video and the song I have grown to love it am obsessed with it. It worms it's way in and sticks around great single choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yeah not feeling it TBH looks kind of skaggy. It was orange in the B'day lyric video that wasn't good either.

Talking of B'day brilliant lyric video and the song I have grown to love it am obsessed with it. It worms it's way in and sticks around great single choice.

i would of prefered legendary lovers but its a bit simmilar to dark horse i guess. I would have had 'This Is How We Do' 'Walking On Air' before Birthday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a major fan of TIHWD for me could have been cut and not missed ;/. But B'day is such a massive grower I'm in love with it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Despite what majority of the views are on Dark Horse Video, I like it..

The thing i find slightly offensive is with dark Horse Video, is the Blue man group on skirts and trainers.

I like Katy Perry, she is a lot better than gaga.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not feeling the DH video. Massive step back and wrong concept for the wrong song. Would have worked better with Legendary lovers (although that said that needs an Indian Katy on the Ganges theme :p).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Dark Horse with his illuminati inspired imagery in the video and her performance on the Grammys where she was engaging in witch craft all playing up to the conspiracy theories out there! The illuminati theories are so common place these days, maybe they decided to play with it. Like Ke$ha with her "die young" video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could have done that with a back better themed video that didn't hark back to TD. After Unconditionally it was very underwhelming.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have already described Roar as my favourite song of Katy's by far. Well, I decided my top 40 songs of the last 10 years today, and Roar did make it! So my thanks to Katy for finding a song to really shine with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roar is a good power pop song really helped it consolidate her comeback after TD. Personally for me I'd say DH is her best single up to now purely as it's so different yet brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Roar is a great marketing tool. It can be used on numerous soundtracks and tv shows for inspiration in the future! It's def one of her best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly that is the key to it's success it has relevancy for all and everything in the same way as Firework hence why they are her two biggest sellers :). Also anyone seen the preview for Birthday video not liking the silly Katy vibe again was hoping for something slightly mature but it looks set to be a cracker. Especially loving Princess Manda :D. It's out Thursday :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birthday Video set to drop today :):):).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Its not I was expecting but its blown my mind its awesome
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me either on the one hand not what I wanted or expected. IT's a whole other side to her no big production no storyline just a really fun video with some more classic Characters its not a bad video TBH.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I am a massive fan of hers! My top 5 favourite songs by her are:

1. Roar
    2. Firework
    3. Dark Horse
    4. Hot N Cold
    5. ET
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Talking about Birthday, I thought it was weird, but since it's Katy Perry, I love it! :)

I actually think it is very clever. I don't know how she does it! :)
    Forum Member
    The PRISMATIC tour starts tonight. I wish that I had ticket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here Mimi and as if almost to welcome her back Firework has passed a million sales her first million seller :).
    Forum Member
    ^ That's brilliant.

I'm listening to Prism this afternoon. I know that it's divided opinion but I honestly love this album despite the fact that I really wasn't sold on it when I first heard it in October.

Here are some videos from her the show so far on tour:

Dark Horse (Live in Belfast)
    The One That Got Away and Thinking Of You (Live in Belfast)
    Hot N Cold (Live in Belfast)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great news Roar is only 54K copies away and still selling :). Plus B'day is rising :).

And same here Prism at first was meh. But after a while I don't just love it I adore it. I like the division the first half pop hits the second half more vulnerable chilled out heartfelt songs. It is a great album that has elements of both previous albums but a newer more open Katy the perfect transitional album.

And the tour looks amazing. Even Gaga is spitting feathers, but bad Katy for vomiting paint.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Hav_mor91;72610011]It's great news Roar is only 54K copies away and still selling :). Plus B'day is rising :).

And same here Prism at first was meh. But after a while I don't just love it I adore it. I like the division the first half pop hits the second half more vulnerable chilled out heartfelt songs. It is a great album that has elements of both previous albums but a newer more open Katy the perfect transitional album.

And the tour looks amazing. Even Gaga is spitting feathers, but bad Katy for vomiting paint.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 54k copies away from selling a million? If so then yes that's great news! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean 54k copies away from selling a million? If so then yes that's great news! :)

Yes last time I checked it as at 946K+ :)