Newbies: Introduce Yourselves!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hey.. New here. Liked many of the contents of the forum and the interactions as well. Thought I'd join in. :)
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edson10 wrote: »
    Hey.. New here. Liked many of the contents of the forum and the interactions as well. Thought I'd join in. :)
    Hi, welcome to DS. :)
  • Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Hello!

I am new here and hope to make new friends :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owen_Kent wrote: »
    Hello!

I am new here and hope to make new friends :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all, I'm new! I have decided to sign up on this forum because I saw these threads about fooball games collector's http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1105787 and http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1529117
    I'm a great Manchester United fan and I love collect videos like Classic games, MUTV shows and documentaries about the ''Red Devils''....It was a surprise to see that also the boy who wrote the first post was looking for Man United games! I would be really glad to speak with people who have my same passion.

Cheers, thank you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoUnited wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm new! I have decided to sign up on this forum because I saw these threads about fooball games collector's http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1105787 and http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1529117
    I'm a great Manchester United fan and I love collect videos like Classic games, MUTV shows and documentaries about the ''Red Devils''....It was a surprise to see that also the boy who wrote the first post was looking for Man United games! I would be really glad to speak with people who have my same passion.

Cheers, thank you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

I've long been a reader of these forums and have taken the jump to get involved.

I usually come by Digital Spy for soaps (Eastenders and Coronation Street, sorry!) and general chatter.

Hope to get involved and get to know some of you a little bit better very shortly, but until then, I need to nip out to Sainsbury's.

Bye for now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NG9 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've long been a reader of these forums and have taken the jump to get involved.

I usually come by Digital Spy for soaps (Eastenders and Coronation Street, sorry!) and general chatter.

Hope to get involved and get to know some of you a little bit better very shortly, but until then, I need to nip out to Sainsbury's.

Bye for now.
    Hi, welcome to DS. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, im new. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    catcarer wrote: »
    Hi everyone, im new. :)

• BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone :)

I'm not technically a newbie but I am new to this forum.

I joined DS ages ago but didn't really post much and then I came back during the summer for BB

I've been lurking here today and decided to 'poke my head around the door' :D

It all looks very interesting and I look forward to joining in.

TY

PS - I have never actually had bunions :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I'm not technically a newbie but I am new to this forum.

I joined DS ages ago but didn't really post much and then I came back during the summer for BB

I've been lurking here today and decided to 'poke my head around the door' :D

It all looks very interesting and I look forward to joining in.

TY

PS - I have never actually had bunions
    :D
    Hi, belated welcome to DS. :)

Phew!
    I bet that's a relief. :D
  • Dave_Morris1Dave_Morris1 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hiya everyone
  • KayleighxKayleighx Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone..New girl here :)
  • goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayleighx wrote: »
    Welcome to the jungle, we got lotsa fun 'n' games! :cool::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kayleighx wrote: »
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Morning!

Been lurking for a while but decided to dive in...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santai wrote: »
    Morning!

Been lurking for a while but decided to dive in...:)

• crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

I think someone's after a paid job :rolleyes::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Just signed up but been lurking awhile!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi all. Been following for a long while but haven't posted in years and don't have my old account (linked to an disused email address). So I think I almost court as new!

Hello all in any case!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just signed up but been lurking awhile!
    DrEvil wrote: »
    Hi all. Been following for a long while but haven't posted in years and don't have my old account (linked to an disused email address). So I think I almost court as new!

Hello all in any case!

Hi guys, welcome to DS. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I am a new member of this forum but have been enjoying it immensely for a while. There has been a fair amount of criticism of Louisa lately, and I’d like to comment on it. Right from s1, there has been a focus on Martin’s psychological issues, which have at various times been attributed to Asperger’s, family-of-origin issues, plain meanness, or some combination. I have written about my ideas on this subject on the Facebook Spoilers’ Group page, and I may write about them here another time. I have not read anything here concerning the origin of Louisa’s psychological issues and the way they have shaped her relationship with Martin, but perhaps I have not read back far enough. Please excuse me if I repeat what others have already said. We know that Louisa’s mother abandoned her when she was young. She was 12 when her mother came back and wanted her to go and live with her. We found out in s5 that by that time her mother was a stranger to her, so she must have left initially when Louisa was pretty young. We don’t know much about Louisa’s relationship with her father, who was likely her primary caretaker. In On the Edge, it is apparent that Louisa loves him, but I got the sense that her father probably was not a reliable caretaker. Because of these family dynamics, I think that Louisa pretty much had to take care of herself and developed the belief that she couldn’t depend on anyone, either physically or emotionally. In fact, she decided she could only depend on herself. So, on the one hand, for her, being dependent on someone is pretty scary, but on the other hand, she desperately wants to be taken care of and protected by someone. I think she started falling in love with Martin when he diagnosed her eye, because she felt taken care of, and it was so unexpected. It seems to me that Martin’s exceptional skill as a doctor makes her feel safe. So, here we have Louisa who is afraid to be dependent (which also means she can be controlled) and Martin who is very controlling. Both are afraid of true intimacy. So in s4, when Louisa sees Martin with Edith, she believes he has moved on and, once again, she has to fend for herself. This sets up the situation where she keeps pushing him away, even when he is indicating that he might be open to being involved with the pregnancy. A prime example of this is the painful handshake scene in the classroom. She just can’t risk depending on him in any way, even though she still loves him and really wants him to take care of her. Almost from the beginning of s4, Martin repeatedly tells Louisa that she shouldn’t work after the baby is born, and this message has continued up to s6e3. I think this really gets Louisa’s hackles up, not so much because she loves her work (although she probably does), but also because she would have to depend on Martin’s income to support her if she quit. Even though they are now married, this probably feels too risky to her because she does not trust that he won’t eventually leave her. At this point (e3), I think what is going on with Louisa is two things: She is simply stressed out going back to work at a high-pressure job while being a new mother and a new wife; but also there is the fear of being dependent on anyone, including Martin. If you start depending on someone and trust that they will never abandon you, the fear is that the rug could be pulled out from under you. A very scary proposition for someone with her history. Both of them have yet to really trust each other, him with sharing with her his intense emotional pain, and her with believing that he will not leave her and that he wants to take care of her. I think most of us are hoping that both of them will grow into this relationship and will help each other heal from their childhood wounds. I mostly hear a lot of empathy for both of them in this forum. But with all the criticism of Louisa the past few days, I think we should remember what it’s like as human beings to deal with these emotional struggles.