A Christmas Carol

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic in 3D. I was awestruck at the end of the film. When the camera was flying through London at the beginning it took my breath away.

I was cynical having watched the poor 3D efforts on C4 last week but this 3D was amazing.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see it tonight with my daughter and grand-daughter and it was very realistic. At one point the viewer is being taken up gradually above the rooftops as if flying. It was amazing, and true to the book. It gives a realistic view of the 19th century and all its grimness, tugging at the heartstrings. I loved it.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Saw it on Wednesday. 3D has come on a bundle since I last watched it in the 80's. Most impressive.

Gripe time now. £10.45 for a ticket I thought was a bit steep. This was a local odeon and not a west end one. I know it's more for the 3D version but even so. There must have been 20 adverts before the main feature. So how is it with all the advertising money the odeon receives can it justify these high prices? Hmmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    When we complained about the price at our local Cineworld, it was explained that 3D films "cost more to make".

The budget for this was an estimated $175m and I've known more expensive 2D films. :confused:
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it and ....WOW! Dont think I can go back to 2d films that arent even in digital. This looked absolutely stunning. Never seen a full film version before or read the book but had a rough idea about it though. My 14 yr old thought it a bit boring, but she prefers Twighlight type films!! I really struggled to work out how they actually made it. The horses looked real and Colin Firths character looked and sounded like David Cameron:D

I did wonder how they slipped "oh bugger/buggery" in (when he dropped the key just before the first scary face appeared at he door) to a pg:eek: and when he locked the front door of his shop he appeared to turn all the locks in the wrong direction. Brilliant though:)