Options

I'm Bored With The World Cup

Comments

• Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    Am I the only person on this planet who is absolutely fed up with being bombarded with the World Cup every few seconds? At the moment I can't switch the telly on, look at a newspaper or magazine or even visit a shop without something football related being rammed down my throat. Give me a ******** break, please!

Nothing wrong with the World Cup. It's your period.
  • Options
    astonv8astonv8 Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well take a vacation to Xmas island. :D

2 more days till the greatest show on earth!
  • Options
    Parric74Parric74 Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever tried watching a football match. You never know you may even enjoy it.

What gets me is that most of the year to watch your team play on Sky you have to pay. Soaps came free of charge and is on more often. (Not that I am complaining as I love watching EE).
    It's not asking much that every 4 years you can let us have our enjoyment in something that is important to us footy fans.
  • Options
    Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to watch Jedward instead of John Terry, change the channel. Problem solved.
  • Options
    JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really annoys me when people moan about the World Cup, it's once every 4 years FFS, let us football fans enjoy it. Friday cannot come quick enough as far as I am concerned! :D
  • Options
    Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    i think this woman topic starter is an attention seeker
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person on this planet who is absolutely fed up with being bombarded with the World Cup every few seconds? At the moment I can't switch the telly on, look at a newspaper or magazine or even visit a shop without something football related being rammed down my throat. Give me a ******** break, please!

Are you scottish?
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    I am so pleased this thread quickly turned into a "we shall not be moved" empowerment thread. Too right we should have 1 month every 4 years to celebrate the greatest sport on earth. It unites every nation and the world. Fans should not have a listen to people moaning about it disrupting everything. Why not try jumping on the bandwagon. It is only 31 days and for England, 7 games. :D
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the best thread in here for months.

For once we are all agreeing that the OP is wrong.

Is this the start of some sort of DS revolution???
  • Options
    SuperSpursSuperSpurs Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop whining, and get the washing up done.

Oi DP, I saw that! You know full well how many females there are on the Spurs thread :D:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

..Antigua is nice this time of year..;)
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperSpurs wrote: »
    Oi DP, I saw that! You know full well how many females there are on the Spurs thread :D:p

Whoops! Sorry, but you are all knowledgeable, and intelligent, and no doubt have dishwashers. :D
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    I'm bored with people moaning about the World Cup.

Am I the only person on this planet who is absolutely fed up with being bombarded with people moaning about the World Cup every few seconds? At the moment I can't switch the telly on, look at a newspaper or magazine or even visit a shop without somone moaning about the World Cup. Give me a ******** break, please!
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    I am so pleased this thread quickly turned into a "we shall not be moved" empowerment thread. Too right we should have 1 month every 4 years to celebrate the greatest sport on earth. It unites every nation and the world. Fans should not have a listen to people moaning about it disrupting everything. Why not try jumping on the bandwagon. It is only 31 days and for England, 7 games. :D

I thought there were only three games in each group! ;):D
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    jill1812 wrote: »
    I thought there were only three games in each group! ;):D

No. There is 6 games in each group.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're labouring under the misapprehension that people in a football forum care! :D Nah I'm joking

Less than 30 hours now! Time to get the beer on ice :cool:
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    PinSarla wrote: »
    You're labouring under the misapprehension that people in a football forum care! :D Nah I'm joking

Less than 30 hours now! Time to get the beer on ice :cool:

I'm contemplating rapping John Barnes stylee til the big day tomorrow instead of merely speaking.......:D
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela, let's make a deal. You try to appreciate football or at least quit griping about it for a month, and I'll do the same with lingerie catalogues.

That's a fair trade, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not!! I love it, so exited for tomorrow :cool:
    Great place to post this.
    LMAO:D
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love, love, love the world cup cant wait for it to start!
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

So you come onto a football forum, where presumably people who are interested in football post, to complain about the biggest event in football- an event that takes up a mere month of your life and only happens once every 4 years?

Are you just a sucker for punishment or something? :D
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Angela, let's make a deal. You try to appreciate football or at least quit griping about it for a month, and I'll do the same with lingerie catalogues.

That's a fair trade, I think.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't Begrudge us the most important international football competition in world football.
    Besides it's on for 4 weeks and more to the point only happens every 4 years.

You'd seriously begrudge 4 weeks of football when you prob watch soaps every day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »

Are you just a sucker for punishment or something? :D

Well, she is a fan of Britain's Got Talent :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *points at Simon Cowell*

Who are ya, who are ya:D