NOTW: Peter Andre's flirty texts cost me my marriage

di60di60 Posts: 5,432
Forum Member
Singer to be named in divorce proceedings after husband finds flirty texts to TV missus

Anyone know what this is about?? I dont subscribe to NOTW.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/public/home/

ETA - just found this...

http://www.*******************/reality-tv/peter-andre-named-in-pollyanna-woodward-and-lee-clarks-divorce/

Peter Andre named in Pollyanna Woodward and Lee Clark’s divorce!

Peter Andre will reportedly be named in the divorce of TV presenters Lee Clark and Pollyanna Woodward.

Lee, who fronts various shows on the Discovery Channel and QVC claims that the ‘Behind Closed Doors’ singer befriended his wife at a showbiz party and then ‘turned her head’ with a string of flirty and suggestive text messages.

The pair first met at a dinner hosted by OK! magazine boss Richard Desmond in October, to celebrate buying Channel 5 which airs her gadget show Pollyanna.

Clark said that the pair never met up again to his knowledge but exchanged 100 messages on the day of his and Pollyanna’s first wedding anniversary. He admitted:

“One of the messages Peter sent my wife said, ‘I’m lying in my 8ft bed alone. Bored. Wish you were here.’ She replied, ‘I’m lying in my 6ft bed all alone too.’

Lee confronted his wife, who stormed out of their marital home and didn’t return that night. He continued:

“The next day, Sunday, she stayed out. When she eventually came back several days later I checked her laptop and found she’d ordered £50 worth of chocolates from Hotel du Chocolat and had them delivered to a Mr P Andre. And she ordered a sexy little tartan bedroom outfit from Ann Summers. She’s never worn anything like that for me.”

Clark phoned Peter and confronted the star. He insisted that he didn’t know Pollyanna was married and promised never to contact her again. His last text to her read:

“It is important our friendship stays purely platonic as I have respect for you and your situation. I just wanted to make it clear.”

A source close to Peter Andre insisted:

“She told everyone at that Channel 5 party she was going through a difficult divorce and was very lonely.

“She and Peter sent each other texts but never actually met up again. He told a friend ‘I think she wants more’.”

Lee added:

“I’m divorcing her and naming Peter in the petition. This marriage was perfect until he started texting my wife. We were blissfully happy. But he turned her head and then her heart.”

Comments

• ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    Singer to be named in divorce proceedings after husband finds flirty texts to TV missus

Anyone know what this is about?? I dont subscribe to NOTW.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/public/home/

ETA - just found this...

http://www.*******************/reality-tv/peter-andre-named-in-pollyanna-woodward-and-lee-clarks-divorce/

Peter Andre named in Pollyanna Woodward and Lee Clark’s divorce!

Peter Andre will reportedly be named in the divorce of TV presenters Lee Clark and Pollyanna Woodward.

Lee, who fronts various shows on the Discovery Channel and QVC claims that the ‘Behind Closed Doors’ singer befriended his wife at a showbiz party and then ‘turned her head’ with a string of flirty and suggestive text messages.

The pair first met at a dinner hosted by OK! magazine boss Richard Desmond in October, to celebrate buying Channel 5 which airs her gadget show Pollyanna.

Clark said that the pair never met up again to his knowledge but exchanged 100 messages on the day of his and Pollyanna’s first wedding anniversary. He admitted:

“One of the messages Peter sent my wife said, ‘I’m lying in my 8ft bed alone. Bored. Wish you were here.’ She replied, ‘I’m lying in my 6ft bed all alone too.’

Lee confronted his wife, who stormed out of their marital home and didn’t return that night. He continued:

“The next day, Sunday, she stayed out. When she eventually came back several days later I checked her laptop and found she’d ordered £50 worth of chocolates from Hotel du Chocolat and had them delivered to a Mr P Andre. And she ordered a sexy little tartan bedroom outfit from Ann Summers. She’s never worn anything like that for me.”

Clark phoned Peter and confronted the star. He insisted that he didn’t know Pollyanna was married and promised never to contact her again. His last text to her read:

“It is important our friendship stays purely platonic as I have respect for you and your situation. I just wanted to make it clear.”

A source close to Peter Andre insisted:

“She told everyone at that Channel 5 party she was going through a difficult divorce and was very lonely.

“She and Peter sent each other texts but never actually met up again. He told a friend ‘I think she wants more’.”

Lee added:

“I’m divorcing her and naming Peter in the petition. This marriage was perfect until he started texting my wife. We were blissfully happy. But he turned her head and then her heart.”

The news story doesn't make sense, It's stating Peter & Polly first met October at a party to celebrate Desmond purchasing C5 which is 2010 then goes on to state that
    Clark said that the pair never met up again to his knowledge but exchanged 100 messages on the day of his and Pollyanna’s first wedding anniversary. Except their 1st wedding anniversary was .............. Pollyanna Woodward married Lee Cotterell Clark on September 7, 2009.
    :confused:
  • sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

“I’m divorcing her and naming Peter in the petition. This marriage was perfect until he started texting my wife. We were blissfully happy.But he turned her head and then her heart.”

It was that 'blissfully happy' that she apparently told everyone at the Channel 5 party she was going through a divorce??

So - he texts her, she texts him and somehow (even though she's told everyone she's getting divorced) this is HIS fault? Am I missing something here?

And, let's face it, if there were any 'raunchy' texts sent from Mr A - the NOTW surely would have printed them - it would have been an opportunity too good to miss.

Sounds like a pi**ed off husband, whose wife obviously wasn't as 'blissfully happy' as he maybe thought, and he's looking for someone to blame.

I'd start with your wife mate!
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50 quids worth of chocolates? That's disgusting.:eek:
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a bizarre story. Didn't a crazy man recently drag David Beckham into a situation like this one?
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    What a bizarre story. Didn't a crazy man recently drag David Beckham into a situation like this one?

Even more bizarre that Peter met Polly for the first time in October 2010 yet Peter had apparently been texting her on their 1st wedding anniversary as her husband stated

Clark said that the pair never met up again to his knowledge but exchanged 100 messages on the day of his and Pollyanna’s first wedding anniversary.

Their 1ST wedding anniversary was 7th September 2010:confused:
    So basically Peter was apparently texting Polly a month before he met her.:D

As mentioned in the Op's pasted article The pair first met at a dinner hosted by OK! magazine boss Richard Desmond in October, to celebrate buying Channel 5 Desmond bought Channel 5 July 2010 so they could not have meant Oct 2009- the dates don't add up?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Its all about size with Pete 'im lying in my 8ft bed'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even more bizarre that Peter met Polly for the first time in October 2010 yet Peter had apparently been texting her on their 1st wedding anniversary as her husband stated

Clark said that the pair never met up again to his knowledge but exchanged 100 messages on the day of his and Pollyanna’s first wedding anniversary.

Their 1ST wedding anniversary was 7th September 2010:confused:
    So basically Peter was apparently texting Polly a month before he met her.:D

As mentioned in the Op's pasted article The pair first met at a dinner hosted by OK! magazine boss Richard Desmond in October, to celebrate buying Channel 5 Desmond bought Channel 5 July 2010 so they could not have meant Oct 2009- the dates don't add up?

I've got access to the whole story from NOTW am I allowed to post a link with it being pay to view.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,148
    Forum Member
    I'm missing how this is PAs fault.
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooh but those Hotel du Chocolat chocolates are sooooooo yummy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I speak for the nation when I say - Who the heck are Pollyanna and Lee? Never heard of either of them.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    It was that 'blissfully happy' that she apparently told everyone at the Channel 5 party she was going through a divorce??

So - he texts her, she texts him and somehow (even though she's told everyone she's getting divorced) this is HIS fault? Am I missing something here?

And, let's face it, if there were any 'raunchy' texts sent from Mr A - the NOTW surely would have printed them - it would have been an opportunity too good to miss.

Sounds like a pi**ed off husband, whose wife obviously wasn't as 'blissfully happy' as he maybe thought, and he's looking for someone to blame.

I'd start with your wife mate!

Exactly!!!!!

This is i see it too,If his wife has gone round telling everybody she was going through a messy divorce ,how on earth can Peter Andre be blamed for breaking up his marriage:confused:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QuincyMD wrote: »
    I'm sure I speak for the nation when I say - Who the heck are Pollyanna and Lee? Never heard of either of them.

Well you certainly speak for me :)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Well you certainly speak for me :)

And me. And I am fairly certain that knowing the size of Pa's bed wouldn't break up a marriage, so either their are far more explicit texts OR, more likely, this guy is just hurt and looking to blame anyone for what happened. And make a couple of quid.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bit of a damp squid, I was expecting something juicy! Agree with others that the marriage was not a good one otherwise why would she give her number out and claim to be single? If she was in love with her husband and Peter turned her head then surely when the husband found out she'd realise what she wanted and try and get him back not go along with a divorce
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    This is a bit of a damp squid, I was expecting something juicy! Agree with others that the marriage was not a good one otherwise why would she give her number out and claim to be single? If she was in love with her husband and Peter turned her head then surely when the husband found out she'd realise what she wanted and try and get him back not go along with a divorce

Exactly. How is this even a news story?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is balderdash - PA can only be "named" if he and the woman admit to adultery or if the aggrieved husband has proof of actual adultery - at best he can cite "exchanging inappropriate text messages" as a form of unreasonable behaviour on her part and there have to be between 4 and 6 examples of unreasonable behaviour.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    50 quids worth of chocolates? That's disgusting.:eek:
    Ooh I dunno, sounds quite enticing:)

Obviously a slow news week for the NOTW otherwise this nothing of a story would be consigned to one paragraph, if that:yawn:
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously a slow news week for the NOTW otherwise this nothing of a story would be consigned to one paragraph, if that:yawn:

I've had my knickers off for a box of Milk Tray.:o
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    This is a bit of a damp squid

LOL :D
    Agree with others that the marriage was not a good one

Perhaps because hubby didn't put his missus on a pedal stool :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    LOL :D

Perhaps because hubby didn't put his missus on a pedal stool :D

splattered keyboard moment........:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I've had my knickers off for a box of Milk Tray.

I've got you two boxes ;):D
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a load of rubbish :D
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got you two boxes ;):D

You old Smoothie.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Exactly. How is this even a news story?

Has he got a record coming out.:rolleyes:
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

;)
    :D