Options

SCD Tour 2011 Scores and Results

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TylerTango wrote: »
    I wish some tour videos would surface... I really wanna see Pamela's AT and Kara's Paso.

not sure if this will work..........

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1840788059834&comments

apologies if it doesnt but I spotted it on FB earlier
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Matt & Aliona : 29 + 29 = 58
    Pamela & James : 29 + 29 = 58
    Ricky & Natalie : 26 + 29 = 55
    Kara & Artem : 22 + 30 = 52
    Tina & Jared : 24 + 26 = 50
    Patsy & Robin : 22 + 26 = 48
    Colin & Ola : 21 + 20 = 41
    Jimi & Kristina : 18 + 22 = 40

WINNERS : Matt & Aliona
    RUNNERS UP : Pamela & James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »

Sounds like Matt had his weetabix this morning. :D

Is Jimi really that bad or is it a continuation of the under-scoring that we saw in the show? He's finished bottom or near bottom each performance hasn't he?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Three 10's for the AS... looks like Len might not be such a stinge after all.
    olivej wrote: »
    not sure if this will work..........

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1840788059834&comments

apologies if it doesnt but I spotted it on FB earlier

No it doesn't, but thank you anyway :)
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TylerTango wrote: »
    Three 10's for the AS... looks like Len might not be such a stinge after all.
    Or he's just tactically changed his score that one time to counteract the low score she got in the Paso (I think she may have fallen over/stumbled in it and that's why :confused:) so that her overall would still be in the top 4. If Len had given his usual 6 then she would have been 3rd from the bottom. I'm going to guess he will soon be back to his usual stinge self scoring a 6 when her Paso marks are back to normal.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    VWgirl wrote: »
    Sounds like Matt had his weetabix this morning. :D

Is Jimi really that bad or is it a continuation of the under-scoring that we saw in the show? He's finished bottom or near bottom each performance hasn't he?

From the people tweeting the scores apparently Jimi is not bad at all...:( I think he is being treated in this tour much the same way as Ricky Groves was last year and his ability being undermined by quite a bit. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the people tweeting the scores apparently Jimi is not bad at all...:( I think he is being treated in this tour much the same way as Ricky Groves was last year and his ability being undermined by quite a bit. :(
    I've not yet seen the show live, but from the group dance (in blue outfits that is on YT) off the tour I thought that he and Kristina looked quite good. Hopefully the judges will increase his marks at some point as I think someone said earlier that with the new scoring system, even if Jimi got the highest vote from the audience he still couldn't win that show due to being bottom with the judges :(
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He consistently finishes below Tina & Patsy but I don't remember them being much better than him!

Colin's scores are lower than I expected too.

Seems like they're bigging up this year's finalists most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got video's of the second half of the show but they aren't great - I can upload them to You Tube if anyone is interested. I went to the matinee today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    I got video's of the second half of the show but they aren't great - I can upload them to You Tube if anyone is interested. I went to the matinee today.
    Hi Eviesmum :) If there is any chance you could upload some of your vids to YT that would be great :D Hope you enjoyed the show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Len has relented on the AS score for Kara, why ? Have they made any changes to make it more in hold, or has he decided not to stick out anymore ?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    If Len has relented on the AS score for Kara, why ? Have they made any changes to make it more in hold, or has he decided not to stick out anymore ?

Len seems to have relented because Kara messed up her Paso, so he overscored her AS compared to usual to make sure she didn't end up near the bottom of the leaderboard.

He can't make any argument about it ever again though now he's given it a 10 without seeming completely inconsistent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Eviesmum :) If there is any chance you could upload some of your vids to YT that would be great :D Hope you enjoyed the show :)

I'm trying to upload them now - I've never uploaded vids before. I'll post the link when I manage as it seems no-one else has posted any videos yet. Like I said they aren't great but they might give you an idea.

I thought the singers on the live show were excellent - miles better than on TV.

Also anyone know who the compare was - he was funny.

Loved the whole show and Pamela's AT was excellent.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    I'm trying to upload them now - I've never uploaded vids before. I'll post the link when I manage as it seems no-one else has posted any videos yet. Like I said they aren't great but they might give you an idea.

I thought the singers on the live show were excellent - miles better than on TV.

Also anyone know who the compare was - he was funny.Loved the whole show and Pamela's AT was excellent.

Do you mean the warm up guy - Stuart Holdham? He's funny the first few times you see him, but when he's been doing the same jokes for about five years, it wears a bit thin!:D

Deos anyone know who the other dancers are dancing round the outside when the pros are dancing Firework? I don't recognise them.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Deos anyone know who the other dancers are dancing round the outside when the pros are dancing Firework? I don't recognise them.:confused:

According to Nicki on the app thread the dancers are Fever Dance comp.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Matt's a real hit :D So happy!
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    He consistently finishes below Tina & Patsy but I don't remember them being much better than him!

Colin's scores are lower than I expected too.

Seems like they're bigging up this year's finalists most.

They're quite a strong bunch of dancers this year and the only people I could see him being marked above ability wise are Tina and Patsy. Unfortunately for him they have the advantage of being with the same partner they had on the series and have probably continued to train with that same partner since they went out of the TV show. Colin's low scores have really shocked me, but its possible he's rusty and has the new partner aswell.

How have people meshed with new partners on the tour in general, now and in the past? It must be harder to dance with someone different, and I always get the impression they dont get that long to train with their new partner either.

I hope everyone going to the tour this year has fun times!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are some routines recorded here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBAsBOItAE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,113
    Forum Member
    Or he's just tactically changed his score that one time to counteract the low score she got in the Paso (I think she may have fallen over/stumbled in it and that's why :confused:) so that her overall would still be in the top 4. If Len had given his usual 6 then she would have been 3rd from the bottom. I'm going to guess he will soon be back to his usual stinge self scoring a 6 when her Paso marks are back to normal.

Not sure - Kara and Artem have got 30 for both dances this afternoon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexgr wrote: »

And won this afternoon's performance. Well done them. :D

Matt and Aliona were runners-up, although finished 3rd with the judges. Deja-vu! ;)
  • Options
    TopsyCTopsyC Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I, like others, was expecting to see Colin score more highly

I wonder, is Ola a less compatible match as a professional partner than Erin was?

He wasn't long retired from athletics when he did the show originally, is he a little less fit?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alexgr wrote: »

Maybe because Len knows he now has no justification for giving them anything less than the 10 they deserve? :D

Glad to see Kara, Matt and Pamela all winning, they're all fabulous :)
    TopsyC wrote: »
    I, like others, was expecting to see Colin score more highly

I wonder, is Ola a less compatible match as a professional partner than Erin was?

He wasn't long retired from athletics when he did the show originally, is he a little less fit?

He seemed very excited about dancing with Ola, I don't think it's a compatibility problem, I think it may be just a lack of training time coupled with the fact he hasn't danced in so long.

It looks like the judges aren't giving exactly the same marks every night though this time around, so there's a chance his marks could go up. My guess is the producers feel someone always has to get lower scores to give the audience a chance to boo the judges though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the routine is great, it's ok but doesn't have wow factor. Erin's routine was exciting. I think Ola should have just adapted Erin's Quickstep choreography to suit the venue.
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Nottingham Trent FM Arena - 16th January 2011, Afternoon

Ballroom Scores:
    Kara & Artem         	(AS)	[B]30[/B]	
    =2 Matt & Aliona 	(TA)	29	
    =2 Pamela & James 	(VW)	29	
    Ricky & Natalie 	(QS)	26
    =4 Patsy & Robin 	(VW)	25	 
    =4 Tina & Jared 	(FT)	25	
    Colin & Ola 	        (QS)	22	
    Jimi & Kristina 	(FT)	18

Latin Scores:
    Kara & Artem         	(PD)	[B]30[/B]
    =2 Pamela & James 	(AT)	29	
    =2 Ricky & Natalie 	(AT)	29	
    Matt & Aliona 	        (SM)	28
    Tina & Jared 	        (CN)	24	
    Colin & Ola 	        (CH)	23
    =6 Jimi & Kristina 	(PD)	22	 
    =6 Patsy & Robin 	(SL)	22

Overall Scores:
    Kara & Artem	        [B]60[/B]
    Pamela & James	        58
    Matt & Aliona	        57	
    Ricky & Natalie	        55	
    Tina & Jared	        49 	
    Patsy & Robin	        47	
    Colin & Ola	        45	
    Jimi & Kristina	        40

Result:
    [highlight]Winners:[/highlight]
    Kara & Artem
    [highlight]Runners Up:[/highlight]
    Matt & Aliona
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    there are some routines recorded here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBAsBOItAE

These are mine, the uploads are really slow - I have 14 vids altogether so please keep checking back :D