My little princess died last night..and I'm absolutely devastated

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to read your post, it made me cry :cry:

I lost my Tabby 2 weeks ago, he had to be PTS and we'd had him 15 years.

Sending lots of hugs to you and GracieTwo who lost her cat also, it sucks bigtime :(
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww soo sorry for your loss:( Heartbreaking no matter how you lose your pusscat.....traffic accidents are my nightmare for my babes....:( Jesse my beautiful mainly white cat with one blue eye/one green..died indoors. this was a few years ago now but she got onto *my fav* chair and died..I got home from work and found her....Heartbreaking....Ted died in 2005.....My darling Dolly 2008 ...both had to be pts......pain does go away but you never forget them........:(
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi OP,

so sorry for your loss. It's never easy when they go.

Only you can decide when the time is right to get another pet. For some people it's 2 weeks, for others it's years or maybe never. I lost my cat Indy 7 years ago. I'd had her since I was 13 and she died at 16, so she'd been in my life for more than half of it. Took me two years to get another one. The cat I have now is different and will never replace Indy, but I love her to bits (even if she is moody, grumpy and a bit bitey).

They say time is a healer- and it is. You'll never fill the Kitty shaped hole, but you might in time be able to fill the cat shaped one.

x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss :( xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous cat...I've posted on your Youtube video of her.....huge hugs...xx
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    awh (((hugs))) reading your post just brought it all back how upsetting it was when i had to have my cat put down last year.

i think about her often, sometimes when i come home i forget she's not there - the house is not the same.

i often look at pictures of her - she was a real little character and one of the family. She's irreplaceable - i'm still not ready for another cat and it's been nearly a year.:cry:
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, so sorry to hear of your loss - the thread title said it all for me, and I didn't want to read it because I knew I'd end up sniffling and chasing my two little princesses around the house trying to get a cuddle off them... ( they're hiding & washing the spots on their fur where I touched them )

You should console yourself with the fact that she clearly knew you loved her and bossed you around accordingly - they're bossier to those they know love them is my theory !

As regards getting another, only you can make that decision, but it sounds to me like there's another (or two ? ) little prince/ess out there who'd be lucky to have someone like you serve them..
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Thanks again for the all the comments. I'm truly thankful for each and every one I read, and I do keep reading them all over and over again. So so sad to hear others have very recently experienced the loss of their precious little cats too :sleep:

Today was obviously the second day without her, and although I didn't cry/sob as much as yesterday, I still well up and tears fall from my eyes when I talk to my mum about all the funny and cute things she did and that we're going to miss, and all the random places she liked to sit and sunbathe. It's also hard in the mornings because Kitty was the first thing I'd tend to, as after climbing all over me in my bed and clawing at my mattress, she'd maow and maow until she got fed, and only then could I start with my day!

I also keep re-picturing my last moments with her so vividly:

We'd spent all morning together, and then we were both watching TV in the sitting room (Kitty did actually watch TV :D She stood right in front of it looking up..and would even turn and look at us as if to say "shhh!" when we were talking) and then when I got up to go to the kitchen, she looked at me and "flopped". "Flopping" is when she'd just throw herself on the floor as if to say "Tickle me! Love me!" and obviously, I obliged.

As I always did, I got right down on the floor with her, lying next to her, and I was tickling, stroking and of course burying my face in her fur and kissing her face, belly, neck..all over really! Every inch of her, and telling her how much I loved her and how pretty she was :) She had such a glossy coat, I couldn't resist. And she loved it. If you could see her little face, she had the biggest grin on it.

Then she got up and walked to the front door, meaning she wanted to go out. I couldn't find the keys so I picked her up and took her to the study, where I opened a window and she jumped out.

And that was it. That was the last time I ever saw my little ginger Kitty :(

Slowly but surely I will be able to cope with the loss a little more. The only thing that bothers me (and I know I keep repeating myself :o) is that it was unexpected, and I genuinely never thought she'd get hit by a car, especially on this road. I get quite mad every time I think about it. Thinking, what a waste. She was only 8 and such an amazing cat, and 100% healthy too! So funny, so full of personality and such a good little fury friend to me when I felt down or alone.

She would just like to be with me :) When I'd be getting dressed, cleaning my room, doing make-up or working on the computer, she'd either just sit and stare at me, or sit under my desk or chair, jump up onto my lap and sit there for ages which would give me the most painful cramp in my legs, just so she could keep comfortable! She would also never miss an opportunity to come sit on my chest when I was slouched on my bed watching TV. Her face was right in my face so I couldn't see the TV but I never cared. I just loved being that close to her.

I've now set a picture of her as my computer background, and also a nice montage of her for my screen saver, so that way, she's always in my room and I can see her face all the time. I just loved her little face so much! :p

And as for getting another little cat, I've started to warm a little more to the idea. I've just got to get over the paranoia that the same thing could happen again, or even, they could have an illness that so many posters have said have been the death of their kitties! I never even thought about that with my Kitty! The most she ever had was a cut on her head that got infected. How on earth could I prevent a cat from hurting who was ill on the inside? :(
  • Options
    fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    Thanks again for the all the comments. I'm truly thankful for each and every one I read, and I do keep reading them all over and over again. So so sad to hear others have very recently experienced the loss of their precious little cats too

Today was obviously the second day without her, and although I didn't cry/sob as much as yesterday, I still well up and tears fall from my eyes when I talk to my mum about all the funny and cute things she did and that we're going to miss, and all the random places she liked to sit and sunbathe. It's also hard in the mornings because Kitty was the first thing I'd tend to, as after climbing all over me in my bed and clawing at my mattress, she'd maow and maow until she got fed, and only then could I start with my day!

I also keep re-picturing my last moments with her so vividly:

We'd spent all morning together, and then we were both watching TV in the sitting room (Kitty did actually watch TV :D She stood right in front of it looking up..and would even turn and look at us as if to say "shhh!" when we were talking) and then when I got up to go to the kitchen, she looked at me and "flopped". "Flopping" is when she'd just throw herself on the floor as if to say "Tickle me! Love me!" and obviously, I obliged.

As I always did, I got right down on the floor with her, lying next to her, and I was tickling, stroking and of course burying my face in her fur and kissing her face, belly, neck..all over really! Every inch of her, and telling her how much I loved her and how pretty she was :) She had such a glossy coat, I couldn't resist. And she loved it. If you could see her little face, she had the biggest grin on it.

Then she got up and walked to the front door, meaning she wanted to go out. I couldn't find the keys so I picked her up and took her to the study, where I opened a window and she jumped out.

And that was it. That was the last time I ever saw my little ginger Kitty :(

Slowly but surely I will be able to cope with the loss a little more. The only thing that bothers me (and I know I keep repeating myself :o) is that it was unexpected, and I genuinely never thought she'd get hit by a car, especially on this road. I get quite mad every time I think about it. Thinking, what a waste. She was only 8 and such an amazing cat, and 100% healthy too! So funny, so full of personality and such a good little fury friend to me when I felt down or alone.

She would just like to be with me :) When I'd be getting dressed, cleaning my room, doing make-up or working on the computer, she'd either just sit and stare at me, or sit under my desk or chair, jump up onto my lap and sit there for ages which would give me the most painful cramp in my legs, just so she could keep comfortable! She would also never miss an opportunity to come sit on my chest when I was slouched on my bed watching TV. Her face was right in my face so I couldn't see the TV but I never cared. I just loved being that close to her.

I've now set a picture of her as my computer background, and also a nice montage of her for my screen saver, so that way, she's always in my room and I can see her face all the time. I just loved her little face so much!

And as for getting another little cat, I've started to warm a little more to the idea. I've just got to get over the paranoia that the same thing could happen again, or even, they could have an illness that so many posters have said have been the death of their kitties! I never even thought about that with my Kitty! The most she ever had was a cut on her head that got infected. How on earth could I prevent a cat from hurting who was ill on the inside? :(

I read this on Saturday morning and it had me in tears. I just didn't know what to say to you - still don't, really, except I can really feel your pain.

And they do have the most beautiful, sweetest little faces, don't they? Gazing at them, you can see that they're just little people in fur suits (except they're a LOT nicer than many people I've encountered in my life.;):D)

You're always at risk with a cat - they run free, so there's always a chance something could happen. I've found it helps if you accept that risk as part of being a cat lover & owner - it goes with the territory sort of thing.

As for caring for a cat that is ill - I posted previously about my old cat Spike who died of cancer. For a lot of the time he was pain free, but he had a tumour in his neck which at times abscessed externally. When that happened he was in pain, and I had to clean it and dress it and give him medication. Despite the fact that the process caused him more pain, he allowed me to do it as he knew he needed help. The result was that we became closer and closer throughout the whole process. Two little hearts beating as one. It was a desperate time for me, but a very uplifting one, too.

I hope you're feeling a bit brighter this week. I'm quite sure you'll get a brand new baby when you're good and ready. It's your duty - cat lovers like you don't grow in trees, you know!!;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Your OP nearly had me crying at my desk... :cry:

I'm so so sorry for your loss, I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Ruby's 3 1/2 and like Kitty perfectly healthy but very independent and loves the roads, it could so easily happen to her too, it knocks me sick.

Thinking of you and sending massive hugs x x
  • Options
    DaisyMaisyDaisyMaisy Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck, I feel for you.

The same thing happened to my sweet boys, Figaro in 1990 and then his brother, Tyson in 1992. They were both hit by cars. Tyson went one sunny Spring day. It still hurts to think about it. They were both such a gentle little guys and will always be missed.

I guess it's best to take solace in the fact that Kitty was loved beyond words for the time you had each other and she will never be forgotten.

It's wonderful that they give so much joy and so very terrible when their lives come to an end.

Big hugs coming your way. Rest in peace, Kitty.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Ahh that's a terrible shame. Poor kitty. She looks lovely. I have 2 cats and she sounds the same in personality to my girl. They are really part of the family. Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    *Hug*:(
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So very sorry for you and for Joel's Dad too. My gf's workmate had a 7 month old kitten called Gok who was run over the same day :( Hope they are all happy at Rainbow Bridge :)
  • Options
    DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're all here for you chuck_wippl

So many of us have lost our dearhearts lately :(

Kitty was obviously a very, very much loved cat

RIP xxx
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is really cute I have looked at her on You Tube and saved her video in my favourites She has a tail like my ginger Jack. So cute :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have all my sympathy - my own darling cat died a few months ago and the pain I and my whole family felt was incredible. She was 15 years old when she died and I miss her so much.

Please accept my very best wishes and kindest thoughts.
  • Options
    golden raygolden ray Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Just like other contributors and I'm sure lurkers I have been reading this thread with tears in my eyes.

I am sure you chuck and your little princess had a strong bond and connection. It is heartbreaking losing a member of the family and Kitty was a beloved one, reminds me of my Honey who had to be put to sleep in 2005, she too was the love of my life and we were inseparable. Words cannot describe the joy she gave me and to so many others, the neighbours adored this beautiful long haired black and white cat - also loved watching TV and her favourite food was tuna. I had her for 14yrs and entered my life at just 10 weeks old. A tumour was found in her tummy and I was devastated. Jade a tabby who was a year older perished a year later, I think partly due to a broken heart as she missed her sister they grew up together and were like siblings I still find it hard writing about it - after a few months I got another cat her name is Sophie, mischievous but adorable - since a kid I've always had animals and couldn't imagine living without them.

Our pets give unconditional love and that is magical.
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sit here with tears in my eyes as i read through this very sad thread.
    , on tuesday night i watched as my cockateil fell of her perch and had what looked like to me was a heart atack and died, she did'nt seem well on monday night and seemed to have a cough, tuesday mornig before i went to work she seemed better and, when i got home from work she stll had the cough but was eating and drinking ok.

I can't believe how it's affected me, i am so very sad,and upset, at the moment i can't bare to remove her cage, it's still like when i took her out of it, but i know i have to , because every time i look at it i start getting tears in my eyes.

Even when i remember the good times, like on monday when she was sitting on my head, as she did a lot right here in front of my computer, or when i used to say goodnight to her or good morning, and when i used to say see you later when i used to go out the door to work, makes me upset.

Anyway, hope you are feeling a little better now chuck_wipple, i don't know what else to say, now sorry.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Hello again,

Wow! So sweet of everyone to keep posting replies. Actually welling up a bit here, haha! That Rainbow Bridge poem made me cry a bit too, especially when I read the line "The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind" I haven't even thought about Kitty missing ME!

Anyway, like I said in a previous post, I do read each and every comment over and over again and take a look at the username. I also keep showing my mum and my brother this thread. They think it's really nice that so many people have such lovely things to say and share so much about their own experiences too. So lovely to see so many people adore their pets as we do and so sad to hear of everyone's losses, particularly akhenaten who lost their little feathery friend only on Tuesday :(

It's now been just over a week, and I've seen Kitty in my dreams loads already, which I'm really happy about :D
    The first time was the second night. I was in the middle of evacuating a hotel or something, and she was just there, "flopped" so I sort of, woke up in my dream and told every one to hang on a second whilst I stroked her. I even remember saying to the characters in my dream something like "this is my cat, she died the other day and I think this is her making her first appearance to me letting me know she's ok" :) Weird I know, but I do wake up a lot in my dreams and can sometimes control what goes on, just like Inception!

The next dream I had, her fur wasn't orange, it was the colour of her favourite dressing gown of mine that she used to sleep on. Really fluffy and white with light blue and turquoise circles.

Then last night, she had like a grey Tabby sort of coat, so I didn't know whether or not it was her, but when I looked closer, she had the same "beauty spot" on the end of her nose, just like Kitty did so I knew it was her again, but in disguise :D

Also, the other evening when I left to go to the cinema, I saw a cat in the bushes of our front garden, and my heart skipped a beat as obviously, without seeing the colour of fur in the dark and just seeing the face, for a split second I thought it was Kitty! All in that tiny space of time, I thought "Ohmigod! We buried a random cat! Kitty's still alive and she's come home!" So silly now I think back, but my stomach just dropped when I saw this little cat, thinking it was Kitty.

I also keep hearing her, or at least, what I think is her. Meowing to be let in. But it sounds so far away, and is obviously just something else, but it's quite haunting and the only comforting thing is that I used to hear these fake-meows when she was alive so I like to look at it that way.

I hope you can sense from my post that I'm a lot jollier than I was before :) I did have a little weep when I went into the cat aisle in Sainsburys yesterday. I knew I'd cry, but I still went. There's a 2 for £4.50 offer of Felix food too, so there are boxes with cat faces plastered all over the store! :D But seeing her particular food and treats made me miss buying them for her. BUT!! I am honestly cheering up and thinking more and more about rescuing another cat. Not soon-soon, but soon..if that makes sense.

P.S. I also don't mean to deliberately keep bumping this thread :o but I can't help but not only reply to all the amazing things people have said, but also post more and more about Kitty! I will stop eventually, I promise :p
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HI chuck_wippl,
    i am glad to hear you are feeling better now,and it's nice to read your post,i am also feeling a lot better today, even though i am still sad and really missing her it is very quiet without her singing when i come into the house ,like just now from work.

I think tommorrow afternoon i will sort her things out in her cage and go and get some new stuff and try and find another cockatiel .i think it will help me to get another companion sooner rather than later.

I think it is a good idea to bump this thread, because i live by myself, so have no one to tell how i felt, but i think wrighting it down has helped me, so thank you for bumping the thread.