Options

Whats the worst Present you have ever recieved?

EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
Forum Member
✭✭
Whats the worst present you have ever recieved?
For Birthdays
christmas

when i was Little my Mum got me a Teletubbie toy and My Nan rang up and said Carolines got her a teletubby so My Mum said open it and it was a Market sponge thing that Previosuly had been on the news for being Poisioness!!!
So like the worst gift i didnt recieve but i could have done

Also when i was 2 i got a Cross stich thing of a Magazine

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    An untreated chest of drawers (to be painted or varnished) for ... my 21st birthday!
    Worse, it was from my mother.
    She said we were a bit light on furniture lol.
  • Options
    ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single present, I received so far, has been the worst.
    Now, I don't get anything.
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    a lottery scratchcard one year from my brother in law for xmas..we all got one..and no we didn't win..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not very good at recieving presents but a couple stand out. My dad once gave me a used deep fat fryer and more recently my MIL gave me a scarf which was filthy and had stains on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    a lottery scratchcard one year from my brother in law for xmas..we all got one..and no we didn't win..

Unlcky be good if you did win that would prob make up for only 1 scractcard
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lambswool jumper in one of the worse shades of green I've ever seen. This was courtesy of my mum a couple of years ago.

She said I needed to add more colours to my wardrobe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    It's between coat hangers, and the anti ageing cream I was gifted as a teenager. Thanks grandmother...
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Unlcky be good if you did win that would prob make up for only 1 scractcard
    yes ..would have been good and I would have put it in the 'best gift you got' thread :)
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A TV from the Mrs for the living room, I don't really watch TV as the Mrs hogs it with soaps/dramas and reality shite :mad:
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Whats the worst present you have ever recieved?
    For Birthdays
    christmas

when i was Little my Mum got me a Teletubbie toy and My Nan rang up and said Carolines got her a teletubby so My Mum said open it and it was a Market sponge thing that Previosuly had been on the news for being Poisioness!!!
    So like the worst gift i didnt recieve but i could have done

Also when i was 2 i got a Cross stich thing of a Magazine

I still have absolutely no idea what that means.

My worst present was from my Aunt, she got me a biro. And it was used.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Netto gift voucher:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    An toothbrush from my fiance' . I was so shocked by it he took it back and brought me an Avril Lavine perfume - not sure which is worst
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Make up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »

I remember one year I thought I'd try and be lucky and asked for scratchcards from everyone! I got something like 45 scratchcards in total and some of the scratchcards cost more than £1 each...I won £22 *sigh* Epic fail..Would never do that again, haha ;)
  • Options
    Sem1Sem1 Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When shopping for my birthday with OH, liked a striped cardi. OH went shopping for my birthday, I got a pink granny jumper :eek: He couldn't remember what it was I liked! :cool: Every bad present is now described as a pink jumper moment!!:eek::D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot wheels tracks from my uncle 3 years running even after trying to drop hints that I wasn't into them, and I was only 8!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would prefere the perfume to a toothbrush
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    A Netto gift voucher:)

That is too funny!

Mine was a set of hub caps from my husband for HIS car. Needless to say he is my ex husband - not entirely due to this.:o
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A melon.

For Valentines Day :eek:
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dressing gown from my in-laws - size 18. I was a 12 !! :(
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A book on the multiple uses of vinegar. I was 15.
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bright red plastic wall mounted crucifix for Christmas. I'm an athiest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A flying alarm clock.

It has a propeller on top of it. When the alarm sounds the propeller takes off and flies around the room before falling to the floor in a random location. To silence the alarm it is necessary to get out of bed, find the propeller and reattach it to the base unit.

The propeller is small and very often elusive so I am frequently compelled to employ the failsafe option of dismantling the base unit and removing the batteries to shut the thing up. This is quite a complex task to perform when half asleep so from time to time even more desperate measures are required.

On one occasion, my co-ordination handicapped by a hangover, I hurled the base unit out of the window whereupon it landed in a tree and woke up several birds somewhat earlier than they themselves had planned to get up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a bad present but that might be to do with the fact that we all exchange a list of several (affordable) things we might like for xmas/birthday etc and the person getting the present gets something off of the list. That way you are still slightly surprised but at the same time its something you wanted/will use and the person hasn't wasted their money and you don't have to pretend to like it.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Christmas Secret Santa a TLight Candle holder vaguely similar to this one ....except about 20 times uglier. It looked like it was fashioned from white electrical flex. The "crystals" were just horrid bits of plastic.

It was too horrible even to re-gift to a charity shop it just went straight into the dustbin. I really wish I had taken a photo though just to show how truly ghastly it was.