Talksport Chat (Part 9)

1123124125126127129»

Comments

• Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokyo wrote: »
    Your spelling suggests you have lived in America so no doubt you would have HAD TO have got used to the ads which bother the sh.t out of the rest of us.

The long breaks in play in US sports obviously don't spoil your enjoyment of them either.
    Everyone should know by now after all this time although the Difference and I see a lot of things differently (sorry for the pun) I respect all his views BUT I find it amazing how talkSPORT'S blitzkrieging of commercials doesn't bother him. It drives me totally nuts, they lose me as a listener for the minutes they are on, they are repetitive bordering on madness, their content is mostly childish and I find most of them insulting to my intelligence. They have to play them yes, but surely not as often as they do, I will do a sample test of 1 hour of talkSPORT radio on a random day, time it precisely over 1 hour and report back with the findings!, how many minutes of air time was allocated to the presenters for speaking and taking calls and how many were set aside for commercials, I'll also include news breaks, sports updates, traffic/travel updates and weather reports.
    I am confident all the latter will take up more of the tested hour aggregately than the actual presenters performing what do you think?.
  • livilion1972livilion1972 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I think Talksport is abit pants now. Dont really listen to it now.
  • old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Everyone should know by now after all this time although the Difference and I see a lot of things differently (sorry for the pun) I respect all his views BUT I find it amazing how talkSPORT'S blitzkrieging of commercials doesn't bother him. It drives me totally nuts, they lose me as a listener for the minutes they are on, they are repetitive bordering on madness, their content is mostly childish and I find most of them insulting to my intelligence. They have to play them yes, but surely not as often as they do, I will do a sample test of 1 hour of talkSPORT radio on a random day, time it precisely over 1 hour and report back with the findings!, how many minutes of air time was allocated to the presenters for speaking and taking calls and how many were set aside for commercials, I'll also include news breaks, sports updates, traffic/travel updates and weather reports.
    I am confident all the latter will take up more of the tested hour aggregately than the actual presenters performing what do you think?.

With regards to adverts l agree with all that you have posted,another factor in my limited time I listen these days.
  • TokyoTokyo Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »

...drives me totally nuts, lose me as a listener for the minutes are on, repetitive bordering on madness, content is mostly childish and I find insulting to my intelligence.

Maddening that Irani.

Do your sample test when he's on air, the ads won't seem so bad, Billy. :cool:
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58241720#post58241720
    This discussion has been closed.