Talksport Chat (Part 9)

Comments

• jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    nedski wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that we've finally found our scoring touch - any Leeds fans out there ........... ?
    Well you do need the points more than us.......we are planning for the big push next year.:p

I'm glad I never sank to your level when Wales won the Triple Crown & Grand Slam..........close your eyes and think of Max Boyce singing hymns and arias, 'Land of my Fathers', 'Ar hyd y nos';)
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talkSPORT Creative have excelled themselves once again. The latest Keys & Gray trailer, to the tune of Lovely Day by Bill Withers (or the music from the Tetley tea advert if you're a child of the 90s), is brilliant - the best one they've come up with since the Campese Like Sunday Morning trails during the Rugby World Cup.

One that Billy (who knows the upside of last minute goals now :() might like to clip, if you've not heard it yet it was the final advert of the post 1.30pm news break during today's Hawksbee & Jacobs show (4 minutes 25 seconds in to the following link): http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/20120320_1330_LA.mp3
  • nedskinedski Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Well you do need the points more than us.......we are planning for the big push next year.:p

I'm glad I never sank to your level when Wales won the Triple Crown & Grand Slam..........close your eyes and think of Max Boyce singing hymns and arias, 'Land of my Fathers', 'Ar hyd y nos';)

I can sink much lower than this Jack. You're obviously a better man than I am ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    for Pearl.
    Hows that for staying as fair and unbiased as I can PJ at this high tempo time, sorry I can't wish you luck for tonight hun away at County but for what it's worth I do think your lads will win tonight, it's a $hit or bust match for United and I think they'll all perform tonight and get the 3 points. :p

Hi all, sorry for not being very active on here, not listening to much talksport at the moment so don't have a lot to comment on and still not getting time to catch up on the thread except the odd quick flick. :(

Seems you were right Billy, we did grab a win last night. Looks like its going to go down to the wire I think. Not looking forward to the final day of the season if it's all to play for, it's going to be unbearable :eek:
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess MG is just looking after number one, one wrong word here or there on air and maybe he would be out of of job, I don't think anything is set in concrete yet regarding the current affairs presenters staying on to do sports shows. It's very possible Graham and Forde will make a right dogs dinner of their new shows and Moz will be looking very closely at how they go the first few weeks.

Agree with this Peter.

I wonder if anyone calling in and saying they want to discuss a news item will not be allowed on the air, in spite of the fact that perhaps there there are no other callers waiting to be connected with Mike? I would love to know what the instructions from on high would be here.

Last night was a very good example with the story of the 'alleged' French gunman being tracked down to a house which the police were surrounding. A through the night show can hardly be just taking calls from people wanting to talk about sport on such occasions. It they did do that surely people who were listening to the show would switch to the TV or a BBC radio station for up the minute news?
    Forum Member
    nedski wrote: »
    I can sink much lower than this Jack. You're obviously a better man than I am ....
    Huh :confused:

Its simple, don't give it out, if you can't take it back.
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Agree with this Peter.

I wonder if anyone calling in and saying they want to discuss a news item will not be allowed on the air, in spite of the fact that perhaps there there are no other callers waiting to be connected with Mike? I would love to know what the instructions from on high would be here.

Last night was a very good example with the story of the 'alleged' French gunman being tracked down to a house which the police were surrounding. A through the night show can hardly be just taking calls from people wanting to talk about sport on such occasions. It they did do that surely people who were listening to the show would switch to the TV or a BBC radio station for up the minute news?
    I hope the new format is not going to be a mix and match of everything, like it is now, at present Mikes show has no direction or continuity.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone caught the sneak preview of the brand new show soon to start on overnights with Eric Idle replacing Mike Graham?, I've heard a preview and it sounds fantastic and really interesting stuff guaranteed to keep listeners glued to their radio sets throughout the night. :)
    Well done Moz I take it all back if this first show is anything to go on, much better than listening to current affairs with that Mike Graham.

http://youtu.be/1m2WS7-NrJc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearl Jam wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry for not being very active on here, not listening to much talksport at the moment so don't have a lot to comment on and still not getting time to catch up on the thread except the odd quick flick. :(

Seems you were right Billy, we did grab a win last night. Looks like its going to go down to the wire I think. Not looking forward to the final day of the season if it's all to play for, it's going to be unbearable :eek:

Just pop in when you can PJ we all know your up to your neck with work right now, fantastic win for United last night I was gobsmacked when I kept hearing the another one had gone in and then another and then another and then another, I know it's only one result but it has made me feel we'll only make the play-offs this year and god help us in them with Huddersfield and MK Dons playing superbly this season, still, like I said yesterday footy's a funny old game so we shall see.
    Dif's lot did their usual on us last night, this team seem to have some sort of hold on our lot even though we pulverise them in terms of possession and near misses they seem to always get the points off us. No disrespect to Dif or his team they're fighting for their lives and got a great result nearly a fantastic one and for Dif's sake I honestly hope they stay up.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talkSPORT Creative have excelled themselves once again. The latest Keys & Gray trailer, to the tune of Lovely Day by Bill Withers (or the music from the Tetley tea advert if you're a child of the 90s), is brilliant - the best one they've come up with since the Campese Like Sunday Morning trails during the Rugby World Cup.

You beat me to this Diff, I meant to post about it yesterday.

I was wondering if the Sony awards where just around the corner again ?

The creative boys must be working there fingers to the bone, have you not heard the one for H&J to the theme of the Muppets ??

I heard it yesterday & today, Andy Gray loves it by the way he was going on this morning !

on another topic, I have to agree with John Cross this morning, West Ham do think they have a divne right to walk straight back into the Prem, even Tony Cottee said yesterday.

Something like Man Utd & Barsa & even WH have to learn, sorry tony but how can you even mention WH in the same breath as they two ?

It was good to hear T-bone say yesterday, that Dr Ronnie saved his career, by taking him to see a top Quack in Germany!

Billy can you if poss clip the Mrs Samba phone call this morning on the boozie show I missed it, I dont know wot time it was on, if someone could help, that would be great ta !!

Keys said the morning that when theres a nasty tackle & someone gets a broken leg, Graeme Souness like to look @ every slowmo & every angle ....... The Sado !! :rolleyes::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One that Billy (who knows the upside of last minute goals now :() might like to clip, if you've not heard it yet it was the final advert of the post 1.30pm news break during today's Hawksbee & Jacobs show (4 minutes 25 seconds in to the following link): http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/20120320_1330_LA.mp3

Nice jingle that one Dif well done again the backroom guys.
    http://www.4shared.com/mp3/hbbiQpRN/file.html?refurl=d1url

click the link .. [highlight]wait for the page to fully load up[/highlight] .. no downloading necessary .. "DON'T click on anything that says "download" .. when a viewing screen appears click on the little black arrow just above where it says in large letters MP3 and the clip automatically plays without downloading anything onto your hard drive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You beat me to this Diff, I meant to post about it yesterday.

I was wondering if the Sony awards where just around the corner again ?

The creative boys must be working there fingers to the bone, have you not heard the one for H&J to the theme of the Muppets ??

I heard it yesterday & today, Andy Gray loves it by the way he was going on this morning !

on another topic, I have to agree with John Cross this morning, West Ham do think they have a divne right to walk straight back into the Prem, even Tony Cottee said yesterday.

Something like Man Utd & Barsa & even WH have to learn, sorry tony but how can you even mention WH in the same breath as they two ?

It was good to hear T-bone say yesterday, that Dr Ronnie saved his career, by taking him to see a top Quack in Germany!

Billy can you if poss clip the Mrs Samba phone call this morning on the boozie show I missed it, I dont know wot time it was on, if someone could help, that would be great ta !!

Keys said the morning that when theres a nasty tackle & someone gets a broken leg, Graeme Souness like to look @ every slowmo & every angle ....... The Sado !! :rolleyes::mad::mad:

I'm onto looking for the Mrs Samba call Sleeper will clip it as soon as I find it.
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for uploading that Billy, and a belated congratulations to your family on your daughter's recent wedding. :)

Regarding last night's football, were you at the game? I wasn't but from listening to the reports on local radio around here they felt we would have been worthy of the win had Madine not scored in stoppage time. The Saddlers are on a great run of form at the moment - since the big freeze at the beginning of February Walsall had gone seven games unbeaten before our incredibly unlucky defeat at Yeovil (whose goals were so fluky they made Manish and Steve Claridge chuckle on The Football League Show) on Saturday, a run that had started with three straight wins and included a victory against your city rivals. It's fair to say that the Owls have caught us at a bad time from your perspective so last night's result will probably be viewed as being pretty decent by both managers.

At the risk of upsetting our resident Blade, I'd like to see Sheffield Wednesday promoted although should the Owls miss out I'd quite like the fixture computer to be a bit kinder and give Walsall their trip to Hillsborough at 3pm on a Saturday next season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for uploading that Billy, and a belated congratulations to your family on your daughter's recent wedding. :)

Regarding last night's football, were you at the game? I wasn't but from listening to the reports on local radio around here they felt we would have been worthy of the win had Madine not scored in stoppage time. The Saddlers are on a great run of form at the moment - since the big freeze at the beginning of February Walsall had gone seven games unbeaten before our incredibly unlucky defeat at Yeovil (whose goals were so fluky they made Manish and Steve Claridge chuckle on The Football League Show) on Saturday, a run that had started with three straight wins and included a victory against your city rivals. It's fair to say that the Owls have caught us at a bad time from your perspective so last night's result will probably be viewed as being pretty decent by both managers.

At the risk of upsetting our resident Blade, I'd like to see Sheffield Wednesday promoted although should the Owls miss out I'd quite like the fixture computer to be a bit kinder and give Walsall their trip to Hillsborough at 3pm on a Saturday next season!

A bit football related, (a lot football related) - hence a spoiler reply. ;) (the bottom one) :D
    [/quote]
    For varying reasons I'm mostly a settee supporter these days Dif so no I wasn't there last night, I know that's not being a real fan but the Owls are in my heart and always will be. I get every match live commentary home and away through paying a subscription to Sheffield Wednesday FC so at least they do get some money out of me every year.
    On the subject of radio/internet live match commentaries I always find it absolutely amazing how two different sources can view a match so differently, with the listening method I use I can always listen to either my team's commentators or the opponents commentators, sometimes just for a change I will switch the commentaries and it's so funny how each set of commentators see a match so differently lol, according to our commentary team last night we could have have been at least 3 up before half time with Ryan Lowe missing all three chances and Michail Antonio our on-loan exciting attacker from Reading hitting the woodwork twice. But your lads rallied in the second half and it sounded much closer in the second half, we sort of ran out of ideas.
    I shall keep a keen eye on your run-in and I truly hope for your sake mate you climb up that table to safety.
    I wasn't aware of your recent good run until you told me so there must be every chance you'll make it in the run-in, .... us?, I think we are too inconsistent to finish in the top two and we will end up in the play-off lottery but you just never really know do you and that's why football is so great.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    Talksport has gone down the pan.

Mike Dickin, Tommy Boyd, James Whale, Ian Collins... replaced with Jason Cundy and the unfunniest most banal man in Britain Andy Goldstein.

Some classic clips

Tommy Boyd (caller phones up to complain about his show)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMcw3Gd_gmE

Mike Dickin (last ever show a day before he died in car crash)..with Richard Dawkins. some comedy gold with callers phoning in to prove the existence of god.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqF1UKF_nH0

women states that gods existance can be proven by humans potential to fly (15:10).. this is legit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0dlEsEdoNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhZWiOgK6sw
    man states the bible is written in code and mentions stuff that happens today (monica lewinshy giving BJ for example)

RIP Talksport.

Thankyou for putting those links up.

Wonderful memories, but also a little sad for me, as there is an impending feeling of 'End Of Days' about TS right now, as I know I won't be hearing anything like that again; at least for the forseeable future.

I can only hope that Talk Radio returns to run concurrent with TalkSport, then everyone will be happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried to find the Mrs Samba clip Sleeper but can't locate it, spent 40 minutes and got fed up. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou for putting those links uo.

Wonderful memories, but also a little sad for me, as there is an impending feeling of 'End Of Days' about TS right now, as I know I won't be hearing anything like that again; at least for the forseeable future.

I can only hope that Talk Radio returns to run concurrent with TalkSport, then everyone will be happy.

I must admit they were days in the far long off ago that I would moan and grumble about Mike Dickin, what a fool I was for doing that because when you listen back now you appreciate how good it was, especially compared to what's dished up these days. I share your dismay at what's happening at talkSPORT SE I truly do, it's such a shame for us that all they are thinking about is making even more money and to hell with what we think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be on the 'listen again' facility already right now if you want SE, they DID trail it yesterday but I'm unaware of whether they did in the days before.

Thankyou also.

Just finished listening to the Sugarman.:cool:;)
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to find the Mrs Samba clip Sleeper but can't locate it, spent 40 minutes and got fed up. :cry:

Thanks mucker !;)

I'm sure Ven will come up with time of the call ? .....PS dont let me down Ven ! :eek:;)
    Forum Member
    There must be very organised people in the world if Mike Graham is right when he say's " we spend 10 minutes of every day looking for Keys, Wallets, paperwork etc" :eek: life would be perfect if that was true, I spend 10 Min's every waking hour looking for something or other.:o
  • DabandyDabandy Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    There must be very organised people in the world if Mike Graham is right when he say's " we spend 10 minutes of every day looking for Keys, Wallets, paperwork etc" :eek: life would be perfect if that was true, I spend 10 Min's every waking hour looking for something or other.:o

I spend an hour actually waking up Jack , and that's before the ordeal of getting dressed enters the equation :) . Listen up anyway , I'm on hold , will be on sometime between 2-30 and 3am I think ..playing a tune too :):)
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigel has asked whether Talksport will still be hosting his website with all his songs after Mikes show switches to sport?! :eek:

Best of all to all Nigel from Maidstone fans. He'll still be calling in about cycling and himself after the show changes to its new format.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks mucker !;)

I'm sure Ven will come up with time of the call ? .....PS dont let me down Ven ! :eek:;)

Big fail on this one Sleeps ... really sorry , can't help:o

Zenton wrote: »
    Nigel has asked whether Talksport will still be hosting his website with all his songs after Mikes show switches to sport?! :eek:

Best of all to all Nigel from Maidstone fans. He'll still be calling in about cycling and himself after the show changes to its new format.

First para: Really at a loss to understand what you mean Zenton, probably a sense of humour failure on my behalf but can you expand please?

Second para: And Nigel knows this how? Can only assume that Nigel is actually Moz Dee and that's why we have had to suffer him all the years .. there really is no other explanation:D
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    The talkSPORT website appears to have a new design.

And, the new overnight show is called "talkSPORT World" - from NFL to NBA, from America to Australia, talkSPORT goes global to bring you the best of the action from every corner of the planet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenton wrote: »

I must admit that Mike doesn't sound very convincing when trying to pacify his regulars about what they can talk about after the so-called switchover.

Surely as host, he must know what will be allowed; i.e., SPORT only & no talking about current affairs or you mum or 'prostrate'.:D

I have a gut feeling that Mike isn't going to stick out this new format.; he knows nothing about sport, so why would he?
This discussion has been closed.