Options

The Bridge BBC4 (UK pace) No spoilers!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Wimp wrote: »
    Just watched War Horse on Sky. Was that the Justice Minister playing the German soldier who was kind to the horses?

Wrong thread. Buch the Justice Minister was in The Killing II.

Played by Nicolas Bro. He played Friedrich in Warhorse.

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/623/623359-nicolas-bro.jpg
  • Options
    Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, fancy getting my Scandinavian dramas mixed up :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Wimp wrote: »
    Oops, fancy getting my Scandinavian dramas mixed up :mad:

They all sound the same to me too, so no worries.:D:D
  • Options
    babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Now there's 2 remakes in the works.

British remake from Sky Atlantic and now there's news of a US remake from the FX network. US remake will set the story on the border between US and Mexico and will star Diane Kruger who will play the Saga role.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a407287/inglourious-basterds-star-diane-kruger-for-fx-pilot-the-bridge.html

Oh I really dislike remakes. Can't beat the originals IMO.
    I also hate it when I read a book which is set in one location, but when they film it, it's in another.

These dramas are just so Scandinavian, they should be kept there.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the my first ever The Killing, last night more out of intrigue and was amazed at how similar the shows are. Will persist to season end, but don't feel it can be superior to The Bridge, maybe because I came to it after or maybe the fantastic Saga character being so memorizing and wonderfully frank in her manner.

Still a long time until series two but undoubtedly worth the wait.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Watched the my first ever The Killing, last night more out of intrigue and was amazed at how similar the shows are. Will persist to season end, but don't feel it can be superior to The Bridge, maybe because I came to it after or maybe the fantastic Saga character being so memorizing and wonderfully frank in her manner.

Still a long time until series two but undoubtedly worth the wait.

Was it the current series of TK you watched? It does seem quite similar to The Bridge but you probably wouldn't have thought that if you'd watched series 1 of TK. I like both shows. It probably is 'cause you watched The Bridge first - I think I'll always slightly prefer Sarah but in turn that's probs 'cause TK is the show that started off my Nordic drama fixation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the current series of TK you watched? It does seem quite similar to The Bridge but you probably wouldn't have thought that if you'd watched series 1 of TK. I like both shows. It probably is 'cause you watched The Bridge first - I think I'll always slightly prefer Sarah but in turn that's probs 'cause TK is the show that started off my Nordic drama fixation!

Yes it is the current series. Don't know yet whether to seek the first two, shall see what I think at the end.
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Now there's 2 remakes in the works.

British remake from Sky Atlantic and now there's news of a US remake from the FX network. US remake will set the story on the border between US and Mexico and will star Diane Kruger who will play the Saga role.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a407287/inglourious-basterds-star-diane-kruger-for-fx-pilot-the-bridge.html

Hmm I wonder if she will play Saga autistic? Don't think it'll be a patch on the original :(

I really loved how our original perceptions of Saga and Martin were completely turned around as the series progressed. :D

I loved both series and both detectives, it's interesting that in many ways Saga has a happier life than Sarah.

I was most disappointed that my friend who watches the original Wallander, never got into either TK, or The Bridge even though we watched the first episode together :(
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »

I was most disappointed that my friend who watches the original Wallander, never got into either TK, or The Bridge even though we watched the first episode together :(

Yes I know someone who likes TK and The Bridge but doesn't like Wallander - any of the versions!

@ Woodentop - Series 1 is my favourite. Well obviously I can't definitely say that as series 3 has only just started but series 1 just really affected me. Couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterwards - very powerful - some say too much so. I have seen at least one person online say they couldn't hack it - not in terms of violence but with regards to dark emotions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Just watched all of these - I think Saga Noren is one of the best TV characters I've seen for years. Brilliantly written and acted. I'm no actor but I can't imagine it being an easy task to convey so much emotion through a character who doesn't understand emotions.

The story had some wobbly, bonkers moments but overall I thought it was superb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manc2008 wrote: »
    Just watched all of these - I think Saga Noren is one of the best TV characters I've seen for years. Brilliantly written and acted. I'm no actor but I can't imagine it being an easy task to convey so much emotion through a character who doesn't understand emotions.

The story had some wobbly, bonkers moments but overall I thought it was superb.

You'll see we are in much agreement about Saga. The portrayal was such that Sofia Helin suggested it affected her in an unusual dark way and took a while to get back to being herself. Hopefully she won't have too much trouble returning to character in series 2, now filming.

Don't think any other countries production would capture the allure or have the natural scenic values and won't be tempted to try them.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I watched the entire series yesterday (and Borgen). :o:o:o

This might amuse:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201179190879997449798.00049f2e119a9479262a1
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    linfran wrote: »

I was curious, but that's not the point, the entire article was fascinating.

As is this thread, well done you lot. :)

Early on I looked in here 'cos I was puzzled about each understanding the other's language. Sorted, tak!

Have anyone else wondered exactly what scrolls past on those computer screens? :o:D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Bridge has been nominated for this year's International BAFTA

http://awards.bafta.org/award/2013/television/international
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

:D Very well deserved too. I hope they win.

I'm a little bit disappointed though - I thought this was going to let us know when the next series starts :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hope Sofia attends. Not in trousers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    :D Very well deserved too. I hope they win.

I'm a little bit disappointed though - I thought this was going to let us know when the next series starts :(

IF it did win it would be the 3rd year running that one of BBC4's subtitled shows had won that award
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IF it did win it would be the 3rd year running that one of BBC4's subtitled shows had won that award

Much as I like The Bridge it would be GOT for me if I had a vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much as I like The Bridge it would be GOT for me if I had a vote.

Maybe...
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to the 2 remakes, i have further news.

FX network in the US have picked up The Bridge for a 13-episode order. It's already begun filming and will premiere in July 2013.

British and FrenchSister production companies, Kudos and Shine France, have announced they are planning a joint Franco-British production but will call it 'The Tunnel'. The plot will focus on the murder of a known French politician in the middle of the Channel Tunnel between France and UK. It will be shown on Sky Atlantic over here and Canal+ in France. No news of any casting.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British and FrenchSister production companies, Kudos and Shine France, have announced they are planning a joint Franco-British production but will call it 'The Tunnel'. The plot will focus on the murder of a known French politician in the middle of the Channel Tunnel between France and UK. It will be shown on Sky Atlantic over here and Canal+ in France. No news of any casting.

The leads were announced in January.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/clemence-poesy-stephen-dillane-to-star-in-franco-british-series-the-tunnel/

Other cast members were released in February. They include Keeley Hawes, Liz Smith and Angel Coulby.

The US version has Diane Kruger, Demián Bichir and Matthew Lillard.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a455587/merlin-star-angel-coulby-keeley-hawes-join-the-bridge-remake.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to some promotional material I got the in the post from Sky today the Anglo-French remake is due to be shown in October
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Which channel? (If it's Sky Atlantic, I'm out.)
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    ^^ Which channel? (If it's Sky Atlantic, I'm out.)

Sky Atlantic.:)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UK version sounds like a complete waste of time largely because I just don't think it would work with the channel tunnel.