Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I think so too :D

Karma - which OTRC clip are you talking about? Ta x

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8840018

They also make a few good points about how they are perceived.:)
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8840018

They also make a few good points about how they are perceived.:)

Thanks Karma :). I'm not sure the interviewer quite knew where to go after Val said he agreed with the judges and they should be a couple :D
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Thanks Karma :). I'm not sure the interviewer quite knew where to go after Val said he agreed with the judges and they should be a couple :D

Heard someone say Val is all over her and she is trying to be polite and fend him off all the time. It didn't look a one way street to me. Don't think it is put on for the cameras either, think he is really grateful to her for allowing him to showcase his abilities, so don't know whether that is mixed in with admiration for her too. Who knows only those two.

They have grown on me week by week as a couple they seem to bring the best out in each other.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have liked to have seen Broadway style on the show, and reckon Helio would have done it well! The reason Bristol is getting through (probably, and at the risk of sounding obvious) is, though the people against Bristol outnumber her fanbase, but because everyone's voting for different people, it dissipates the anti-Bristol block, so she'll get far but won' win, as the fewer people in the competition will mean the fewer people to vote between. However, it's still infuriating! Disappointed Drew went home, thought he and Anna did well, and if they'd gone later in the running ordered they'd have got much higher scores, and probably gone through! but guess he and Helio wouldn't have gone much further overall :/
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Sabrina & Louis are still in. I thought they were goners when effing BP was safe again.
    I wish that she would have the grace to do what John Sergeant did on Strictly and David Wirrpanda did in season 10 of the Australian version.
    But my guess is that we'll be stuck with her till the very end.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    Glad Sabrina & Louis are still in. I thought they were goners when effing BP was safe again.
    I wish that she would have the grace to do what John Sergeant did on Strictly and David Wirrpanda did in season 10 of the Australian version.
    But my guess is that we'll be stuck with her till the very end.

Disagree, If peeps are voting for Bristol she deserves to stay.

I personally think the producers are to blame in the first place. As much as I love Bristol I think she should not be on the series cause you can see it is getting to her IMHO. She is getting most of the blame for most of the celebs eliminations when its not really her fault. Plus I agreed with her comments about Mark this week. He has seemed not interested and that week 2 quickstep was attempted dance suicide from him.

Her Paso this week was really good and I liked the story of the dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Disagree, If peeps are voting for Bristol she deserves to stay.

I personally think the producers are to blame in the first place. As much as I love Bristol I think she should not be on the series cause you can see it is getting to her IMHO. She is getting most of the blame for most of the celebs eliminations when its not really her fault. Plus I agreed with her comments about Mark this week. He has seemed not interested and that week 2 quickstep was attempted dance suicide from him.

Her Paso this week was really good and I liked the story of the dance.

Just saw a Digital Spy readers' poll that ranked Week 3 like this:

1. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough 37.2%
    2. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy 17.6%
    3. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas 9.7%
    4. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani 8.3%
    5. Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff 6.9%
    6. Sabrina Bryan and Louis van Amstel 5.5%
    7. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd 4.5%
    8. Hélio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower 3.1%
    9= Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke 2.8%
    9= Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy 2.8%
    11. Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya 1.7%
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a Digital Spy readers' poll that ranked Week 3 like this:

1. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough 37.2%
    2. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy 17.6%
    3. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas 9.7%
    4. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani 8.3%
    5. Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff 6.9%
    6. Sabrina Bryan and Louis van Amstel 5.5%
    7. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd 4.5%
    8. Hélio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower 3.1%
    9= Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke 2.8%
    9= Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy 2.8%
    11. Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya 1.7%

Well, people are well within their right to have a personal favourite, but REALLY? This is absurd. I don't understand Bristol's appeal- even if it's political, since when have the beliefs of a politician (or in this case, a politician's daughter) been grounds for popularity outside of an election? It's a personal system of beliefs- people shouldn't be rewarded for simply having something we all have by being able to harangue a dance show, even if you share Bristol's political tendencies as Pamela suggested.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Helio and Drew said it best on Jimmy Kimmel. People see her as the underdog in this competition.

Also there is the drama of her staying when better dancers are being booted and that keeps people tuning in and amps up the viewing numbers and voting. The producers know exactly what they are doing IMO.

Mark is getting hit hard on twitter with extreme nastiness. It must be crappy for him, he has a job to do and it is hard to tell if he really wants to be there.
  • fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, the quality this week was crazy. Say what you will about Derek, the fact is he is the shows best dancer, best choreographer and creates the best dances, by a distance. The only one who ever came close was his sister. Maybe he does break rules, get the best partners etc but the show is so much richer for having what he produces. He/he & shawn are a joy to watch.

As for the ones who left, it was no surprise to see bottom-two-drew eliminated. There was a sad and desperate air to him that was tough to watch. Disappointed to see Helio go though, his attitude was refreshing and he was a fine dancer.

Regarding Bristol, firstly she is imo better than Kirsty. At worst they are even. So it is unfair that she is the one who gets so much hate when the better dancers go. The fact is, this scenario happens every season without fail. It's part of the show, rightly or wrongly.
    However, given that it is the "All Stars" and given the fact it seems people vote for her for "political" reasons, you could make an argument for her having not been included in the show. Regardless, she's part of it now and doing her best - thats all anyone can do I guess! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I think Helio and Drew said it best on Jimmy Kimmel. People see her as the underdog in this competition.

Also there is the drama of her staying when better dancers are being booted and that keeps people tuning in and amps up the viewing numbers and voting. The producers know exactly what they are doing IMO.

Mark is getting hit hard on twitter with extreme nastiness. It must be crappy for him, he has a job to do and it is hard to tell if he really wants to be there.

Agree. All this show love the drama including SCD. The
    producers know how to generate ratings and some of arguments with the couples or judges are scripted.

Very sorry to hear about people twitting things to Mark he really having a bad time and I really feel for him.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Well, people are well within their right to have a personal favourite, but REALLY? This is absurd. I don't understand Bristol's appeal- even if it's political, since when have the beliefs of a politician (or in this case, a politician's daughter) been grounds for popularity outside of an election? It's a personal system of beliefs- people shouldn't be rewarded for simply having something we all have by being able to harangue a dance show, even if you share Bristol's political tendencies as Pamela suggested.

Maybe Drew was right that people like to vote for the underdog. Wasn't that why so many people voted for Kelly Osbourne? That and they just liked her.

I'm conservative first and Republican a distant second [imo both parties are bad but one is worse], but that doesn't affect my DWTS voting at ALL. I have never understood her appeal, but I've seen various comments from people who say they like her despite, not because of, her mother's politics.

I always expect her to be sent home but somehow she survives. It didn't take many votes this week to save her; she was just 1.62% from the top of the leaderboard.

That said, I did feel sorry for her when Mark blew off a practice last week; I understood her tears. And someone mailing threatening notes with white powder is just uncalled for.
    Forum Member
    Maybe Drew was right that people like to vote for the underdog. Wasn't that why so many people voted for Kelly Osbourne? That and they just liked her.

I'm conservative first and Republican a distant second [imo both parties are bad but one is worse], but that doesn't affect my DWTS voting at ALL. I have never understood her appeal, but I've seen various comments from people who say they like her despite, not because of, her mother's politics.

I always expect her to be sent home but somehow she survives. It didn't take many votes this week to save her; she was just 1.62% from the top of the leaderboard.

That said, I did feel sorry for her when Mark blew off a practice last week; I understood her tears. And someone mailing threatening notes with white powder is just uncalled for.

From the link I posted yesterday, he said he didn't blow her off, he was running late and had a personal family issue and called her ahead of time to let her know. They arranged for him to come later and make up the time in the evening. Think someone is being manipulative and economical with the truth, be it the producers or Bristol. She certainly has an over inflated sense of her dance ability at the start of their vt.

Seems there were a few bruised egos this week Drew didn't take it very well to be knocked out but it is understandable if you have been a past winner and then are ousted earlier than you hoped. There will probably be a few more before the end of the series. Kirstie flounced off her OTRC vt as Maks was asked a question and she didn't get to speak lol.

Anderson Copper has her sussed lol.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Anderson-Cooper-Calls-Bristol-Palin-Genius-for-DWTS-Drama/140514.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fabulist wrote: »
    Wow, the quality this week was crazy. Say what you will about Derek, the fact is he is the shows best dancer, best choreographer and creates the best dances, by a distance. The only one who ever came close was his sister. Maybe he does break rules, get the best partners etc but the show is so much richer for having what he produces. He/he & shawn are a joy to watch.

As for the ones who left, it was no surprise to see bottom-two-drew eliminated. There was a sad and desperate air to him that was tough to watch. Disappointed to see Helio go though, his attitude was refreshing and he was a fine dancer.

Regarding Bristol, firstly she is imo better than Kirsty. At worst they are even. So it is unfair that she is the one who gets so much hate when the better dancers go. The fact is, this scenario happens every season without fail. It's part of the show, rightly or wrongly.
    However, given that it is the "All Stars" and given the fact it seems people vote for her for "political" reasons, you could make an argument for her having not been included in the show. Regardless, she's part of it now and doing her best - thats all anyone can do I guess! :)

Derek is a great choreographer but I didn't really like the quickstep. The judges clearly love him.

Kirstie was chosen for this season because she has a big personality. Bristol's dancing is incredibly mediocre (at best) and terrible otherwise. You can't exactly claim she has an interesting personality either. She was chosen for this season because of who her mother is - that must make her feel proud of herself. I don't find her manipulative little girl act appealing either.
  • sunshine6405sunshine6405 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks to all who have posted links here, it is appreciated :)
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    She was chosen for this season because of who her mother is - that must make her feel proud of herself. I don't find her manipulative little girl act appealing either.

She's infamous on her own now, with her reality show and what not.
    To paraphrase a rather famous Australian quartet:
    "She's ever upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    She always fills her ballroom
    the event is never small
    the social pages say she's got
    the biggest balls of all."

There you have it. In the dog eat dog, eat cat too ratings wars she's a winner for ABC.
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see the Charleston return next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    She's infamous on her own now, with her reality show and what not.
    To paraphrase a rather famous Australian quartet:
    "She's ever upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    She always fills her ballroom
    the event is never small
    the social pages say she's got
    the biggest balls of all."

There you have it. In the dog eat dog, eat cat too ratings wars she's a winner for ABC.

Yeah, but people wouldn't be interested in her if her mum wasn't Sarah Palin. I don't think she has a very exciting personality. She's definitely a winner for ABC though.
    Aerick wrote: »
    I'm happy to see the Charleston return next week.

Kirstie gurns enough normally and I doubt her technique will be brilliant! I do like the dance when it's performed well though.