What is the judges problem with Louis ??

smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think he is really great.. so annoying they diss him every week.. I dont get it..:mad:

Comments

• hammerschickhammerschick Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    i agree with you just dont get it craig always not liked him but wtf up with darcy they got there favs and obv louis is not it ............ I LOVE LOUIS
  • FacechildFacechild Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    I think he is really great.. so annoying they diss him every week.. I dont get it..:mad:

I must say they are not fair to Louis. Their marks tell a completely story and if I didn't watch his performance myself I'd think he can't string two steps together. I hate them this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    i know i wonder too.

when i watch a show like this - i always want the celebrity who has absolutely no drama, music, acting etc background to do well and win unlike denise and kimberley and lisa !

i was so happy when mark ramprakash, and that rugby player (whose name i forgot) did so well.

i
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gets undermarked every single week... crazy !!:confused:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to have misplaced his personality. He's dull and just meh, he never sells the dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their problem with him is a lot of things people say on here week in, week out: he's not performing yet. And performing doesn't just mean putting on the appropriate facial expression. It's the difference between doing the steps and dancing the steps. He needs to make his body feel it, and then we'll feel it.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their problem with him is a lot of things people say on here week in, week out: he's not performing yet. And performing doesn't just mean putting on the appropriate facial expression. It's the difference between doing the steps and dancing the steps. He needs to make his body feel it, and then we'll feel it.

Well we do feel it ? thats why he is still in the competition.. its the judges that clearly dont.:confused:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this is it. He doesn't sell it. Compared to someone like Lisa who always puts her heart and soul into each dance.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very, very precise and technical but doesn't actually seem to 'get' the dance at all. It's almost like he sees it entirely as an exercise in correct placement rather than getting a feeling across. That's probably a consequence of his background but Flavia needs to help him work on it.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good dance but needs more personality, so far still one of my favourite dances tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got absolutely no musicality.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    He just goes through the motions and alas has no connection with the dance or his partner.
  • alexandreealexandree Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him but to me it is obvious that the judges don't, such a shame
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a technician in his sport and personally I think he's managed to convert this into artistry on the dance floor . The judges can clearly see that he possesses the lines and control that his competitors lack but he's had years of training in his gymnastics and it's very different to loosening up on the dance floor and letting it all hang out.Which I suspect is what the judges are waiting for and possibly even punishing him for .
  • BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can't win with that lot! Emma buntonitus... Just boring now. I'll still vote for him...
  • tinselgirltinselgirl Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    He's a technician in his sport and personally I think he's managed to convert this into artistry on the dance floor . The judges can clearly see that he possesses the lines and control that his competitors lack but he's had years of training in his gymnastics and it's very different to loosening up on the dance floor and letting it all hang out which I suspect is what the judges are waiting for and possibly even punishing him for .

Totally agree with you - does feel like he's being punished for something. I have to say if I was him I'd just give up.
  • VenaVena Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    In the case of Louis they're clearly focusing on any negative thing they can find. The fact that the other dancers don't get perfect scores suggests that they also have weaknesses. In fact if they can only find one fault with Louis' performances each week I'd say he's doing grrrrreat!
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »

Who knows.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    The judges were spot on tonight, with Louis anyway, I really want to like him but the judges are right he needs to perform.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    I don't think the judges "have a problem" with Louis - I said exactly the same as they did this evening. He's not performing, he's placing his steps/moves. He needed more umphh tonight.

Hopefully Flavia will get him some acting classes this week.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm more puzzled by the standing ovations Louis gets than the judge's comments and marks.

When I first saw the audience rise to their feet, I thought the Paso might have come across differently in the studio than on the telly. But the judge's confirmed what I felt. The performance lacked fire. It was too polite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vena wrote: »
    In the case of Louis they're clearly focusing on any negative thing they can find. The fact that the other dancers don't get perfect scores suggests that they also have weaknesses. In fact if they can only find one fault with Louis' performances each week I'd say he's doing grrrrreat!

Did they say one good thing to him at all? :mad:
    The judges were spot on tonight, with Louis anyway, I really want to like him but the judges are right he needs to perform.

No they weren't- it was a paso to a very slow song- he did more than Michael and got worse comments- at least Michael they gave some positives too.

This is like a repeat of the Emma Bunton year when she could do no wrong and they knocked Ramps at every opportunity- lets hope there is a repeat and they have to eat their words.:mad:
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I am going to have to pick up the phone for him tonight as he is in the danger spot on the leader board. I am convinced he can do it and I want him to stay in to see it. But I absolutely agreed with the judges. Its not that he fails to sell it perse. He lacks sex, sizzle, fire, passion, yearning, attack, (call it what you want/depends on the dance) and all the characteristics that make a dance go from good to OMG.

Please Louis do it for me PLEEEESE. I know you can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I don't think the judges have been that unjust in the past couple of weeks. The Paso was really disappointing. Though it would probably be fair for one of the judges to white knight him a bit more like the other contestants get. :p
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    He's very, very precise and technical but doesn't actually seem to 'get' the dance at all. It's almost like he sees it entirely as an exercise in correct placement rather than getting a feeling across. That's probably a consequence of his background but Flavia needs to help him work on it.

i completely agree, there is a sort of cool detachment in his dancing, i think he just doesn't have the emotional connection at all, or can't access it due to years of training it out of his gymnastics