Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    So situations do appear to be set. We knew that to some extent but it seems quite cruel from what he says...
    Except that Anthony Fallowfields and I think (but would have to read back to confirm) that the Wellhouse at Melksham have indicated that the production team are pleasant, hardworking, helpful people and have not indicated that they deliberately set up situations. Ruth Dugdall also joined in on an earlier 4iaB thread and I don't remember any adverse comments about the production team there.

The people who complain about the production team and editing are those who got their own appearance well and truly wrong. I'm more suspicious about their complaints than whether mousegate was a setup. (I don't think it was).

Oups... friends unexpectedly arrived... there's another point I'll try and make later...
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Except that Anthony Fallowfields and I think (but would have to read back to confirm) that the Wellhouse at Melksham have indicated that the production team are pleasant, hardworking, helpful people and have not indicated that they deliberately set up situations. Ruth Dugdall also joined in on an earlier 4iaB thread and I don't remember any adverse comments about the production team there.

The people who complain about the production team and editing are those who got their own appearance well and truly wrong. I'm more suspicious about their complaints than whether mousegate was a setup. (I don't think it was).

Oups... friends unexpectedly arrived... there's another point I'll try and make later...

BIB. Mousegate!!!!!! Gordon & Blossom. Oh ye Gods, I didn't want to be reminded of them Normandie. :eek::D
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Mumsy24 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, May I join in please?...

Welcome :)
    Sorry if I've missed anyone else joining, I've only skim read today.
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Oh no, I have just used one of my own pet hate phrases,'At the end of the day...'
    I very nearly did too when I was typing my post, but I slapped my hand and thought again :D
    Normandie wrote: »
    ... I'm more suspicious about their complaints than whether mousegate was a setup. (I don't think it was)...

Sorry for raising 'mousegate' again, but that was the one event that made me very suspicious.
    Firstly the sofa bed wasn't going to be used, so opening it out seemed to be strange. Secondly they were moved to another vacant unit, which had no problem.

I'm not trying to suggest that the problem wasn't there to start with, but it's always struck me as odd that they were initially accommodated in the room which had the issue and that they then went on to uncover it.

As we always say though, there has to be some kind of a story and Ryan (was it Ryan?) dealt with it well. I don't think he came out of that badly at all.

I have this vision that the crew have already performed a CSI type investigation on the rooms first and so problems which may not have come to light are infact discovered, for example, completely stripping a bed and removing protective mattress cover in order to show a stain which has probably been cleaned thoroughly but still remains visible.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Romantic bloke there.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely pub carpet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, shit, you just know we're going to be 'treated' to one of his performances this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice rooms. Not everyone's taste, but different and nice.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure that's a given db.

Hurrah for Bertram I say :D
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people go so mad about champagne? It tastes horrible.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £195 a night to live in a cluttered shed?

I might rent out my shed :D
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »

Apparently it only tastes horrible if you spend less than £80 a bottle on it. I wouldn't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    Apparently it only tastes horrible if you spend less than £80 a bottle on it. I wouldn't know.

Oh well, I'll take my Asda bottle back. :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    SO not a B&B yet again, self catering .If you have to prepare it yourself then I dont count that as a B&B.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DIY breakfast when you are paying £200 a night :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a novel idea but like other people I prefer a "full English".
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As diy breakfasts go it looked quite good...I like that there's enough for lunch too. Like the novelty of the place but much too expensive for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »

Philistine! ;):D:D
    phill363 wrote: »
    DIY breakfast when you are paying £200 a night :eek:
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    As diy breakfasts go it looked quite good...I like that there's enough for lunch too. Like the novelty of the place but much too expensive for me.

Yup, I agree with both the above. The breakfast looked quite nice. I would be happy with it. But not at £195 a night. And I would want a table to sit at and eat it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting but probably a bit too 'busy' for me. Can you imagine keeping that lot clean? I think Alex Polizi would have torn it apart but it has over 220 reviewers giving it an excellent rating on Trip Advisor.
    Forum Member
    I can't disagree - apart from the Champagne comment :D - and if you see the Google result the Wizard's Thatch is termed a 'boutique hotel'

https://plus.google.com/114591169906635938011/photos?hl=en

I can't call anywhere a hotel if you can't get something cooked for you, sorry. The breakfast baskets did look good, the best diy offer we've seen so far, do you think?
    The prices may be misleading too, as two out of the three 'suites' sleep more than two people.

I think all the artefacts would be interesting, but personally I prefer clearer surroundings. For me the best thing about tonight's :) property was the hosts
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blmey, how many gay couples own b'n'bs haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    blmey, how many gay couples own b'n'bs haha :D

There are obligatory contestants most weeks. The posh couple. The really picky couple. The gay couple. The Blackpool hotel. (I am sure you can think of many more.) Also, any of the contestants can be multiples of the steriotypes. Which is why we have a gay couple in Blackpool this week! :D

One of my closest friends is a gay man, and even he says it is totally disproportionate how many of them are on FIAB.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up on +1

Nice enough place, but too cluttered for me.

Plus, I cant be doing faffing around in the morning with breakfast. I want someone to cook it/do it for me.

Wish that woman would stop saying she wants to sit at breakfast and stare into her boyfriend's eyes...we get it. You're in love. You dont have to keep telling us :rolleyes:
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    One of my closest friends is a gay man, and even he says it is totally disproportionate how many of them are on FIAB.

And on CDWM!
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with everything BG.

It was a lovely and cosy old house but too cluttered and too expensive, especially given a DIY breakfast and nowhere to eat it comfortably.

If that blonde woman keeps swooning over her man I think she's going to get on my nerves but it's too soon to tell yet.
This discussion has been closed.