James Arthur continues to make a fool of himself on Twitter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Do me a favour he was treated like the 2nd coming on X Factor also with the media only real nastiness aimed at James was on this forum.

He had it lightly compared to what Chris went through during the live shows getting hated from every angle getting sent death threats, yet you and other James fans were happy enough to also stick the boot in.

Now the golden boy is getting the hate from every angle and James fans don't like it well am loving it. :cool:

I meant on this forum.

Excuse me? I've never once sent Chris Maloney hate. That's a very serious accusation to make.

I've laughed at "Songs For Me Nan," and said he was cheesy but that's a little different to death threats.

Please show me where I sent Chris hate? I know other fans of James and other contestants did but you cannot accuse me of sending him hate. If you didn't mean to accuse me in particular, why reply to me in particular.

You're loving it people are hating James from all angles?Thats a bit strange that, if you don't like the guy fair enough but being preoccupied with singers you don't like...why do you care?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    He seems hyper sensitive - he is going to have to develop a thick skin very quickly, if he wants to survive in the music industry.

Anyone know what he was responding to?

It could possibly have been this article from yesterday

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/28/top-10-celebrity-predictions-for-2013-3315913/
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    He's right though, people should give him a chance before they make ridiculous comments.

Exactly. I'm a fan of James, and although I don't like the way he said it, I still think he has a point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    unicorns wrote: »
    Exactly. I'm a fan of James, and although I don't like the way he said it, I still think he has a point.

This exactly. Twitter isn't the best place for it but at least he said it as he felt it.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    You don't know that. Just because he hasn't quoted anyone doesn't mean he hasn't been receiving hate. That is how twitter works.

Thanks for the insight into how twitter works, I wasn't sure before you helpfully pointed that out to me. :rolleyes:

I think a pretty accurate representation of how twitter works for celebrities, in terms of other people tweeting them, is it's about 60% 'follow me oh please follow me I love you' tweets, 30% sycophantic 'OMG you're amazing don't let the haters get you down tweets' and maybe about 10% (if that) negative tweets. That's not even including all the spam tweets. So perhaps James should focus on the positive tweets he's sent, of which there are probably far more than the odd negative one, and just learn to ignore the less than complimentary ones.

Someone else got it right on here when they said that he's coming across as if he's bought into his own hype. I've said all along that I hope his album is decent, and that he does prove his musical critics wrong in that respect (because I do think it's insane to judge someone musically before they've released any of their own material), but his persona right now is leaving a lot to be desired, and if his first album doesn't do the absolute business, all these comments he's making are going to come back to haunt him in the way that they did Matt. He is extraordinarily lucky that he was Simon Cowell's choice to win the show, and therefore will get the full promotional works from SyCo when his album is released, but as Leona's recent sales have shown, Simon's loyalty will only last for so long.
    Targeting posters is against the T&Cs I hope you know that.:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you'd answered my original question, you wouldn't get other posters trying to answer it for you. You still haven't told me what Aiden has to do with any of this - I'm sure it wasn't a clumsy attempt on your part to wind me up and remind me that my own favourite singer from XF isn't selling well, but if it was, never mind - I'm secure in the knowledge that Aiden has released a fantastic album, has recently been recording again with the same producer as he worked with on Misty Eye (who has been nothing but complimentary about Aiden's work ethic and ability), and has never resorted to slagging other people off on twitter in order to get press attention. He has, however, quietly unfollowed James on Twitter, despite supporting him when he was on the show, and I'm sure he's not the only one who is realising that the hype surrounding James is failing to disguise his ugly personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of J.A but he has yet to prove himself. A little piece of humble pie would be welcome right about now.

I'm so sick of these new kids on the block thinking they created music!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight into how twitter works, I wasn't sure before you helpfully pointed that out to me. :rolleyes:

I think a pretty accurate representation of how twitter works for celebrities, in terms of other people tweeting them, is it's about 60% 'follow me oh please follow me I love you' tweets, 30% sycophantic 'OMG you're amazing don't let the haters get you down tweets' and maybe about 10% (if that) negative tweets. That's not even including all the spam tweets. So perhaps James should focus on the positive tweets he's sent, of which there are probably far more than the odd negative one, and just learn to ignore the less than complimentary ones.

Someone else got it right on here when they said that he's coming across as if he's bought into his own hype. I've said all along that I hope his album is decent, and that he does prove his musical critics wrong in that respect (because I do think it's insane to judge someone musically before they've released any of their own material), but his persona right now is leaving a lot to be desired, and if his first album doesn't do the absolute business, all these comments he's making are going to come back to haunt him in the way that they did Matt. He is extraordinarily lucky that he was Simon Cowell's choice to win the show, and therefore will get the full promotional works from SyCo when his album is released, but as Leona's recent sales have shown, Simon's loyalty will only last for so long.

Perhaps if you'd answered my original question, you wouldn't get other posters trying to answer it for you. You still haven't told me what Aiden has to do with any of this - I'm sure it wasn't a clumsy attempt on your part to wind me up and remind me that my own favourite singer from XF isn't selling well, but if it was, never mind - I'm secure in the knowledge that Aiden has released a fantastic album, has recently been recording again with the same producer as he worked with on Misty Eye (who has been nothing but complimentary about Aiden's work ethic and ability), and has never resorted to slagging other people off on twitter in order to get press attention. He has, however, quietly unfollowed James on Twitter, despite supporting him when he was on the show, and I'm sure he's not the only one who is realising that the hype surrounding James is failing to disguise his ugly personality.

A bit off the thread, but I'll add that Aiden was / is the most under rated contestant from the X Factor. A really talented young man (in terms of talent on the show, he is only seconded by Rebecca Ferguson). :D

On thread, James is a bit grumpy. Perhaps he just needs a good cuddle ;)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit off the thread, but I'll add that Aiden was / is the most under rated contestant from the X Factor. A really talented young man (in terms of talent on the show, he is only seconded by Rebecca Ferguson). :D

He needs a good wash!!! Why does he always look so grubby
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's fine to go off topic to compliment Aiden, as far as I'm concerned. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    He needs a good wash!!! Why does he always look so grubby

He's a very busy chap...and the women he picks up aren't too fussy :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's Well 'Ard

well he as added "rapper" to his bio :cool:
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

I sometimes ignore your posts because you have a habit of talking down to people who do not agree with you. That's my opinion.:p

With regards to my Aiden Grimshaw post, James mentioned the pessimists in his post, you being one of them, and I was using your statement about Aiden flopping and you see no reason why James shouldn't as an example.

James has over 1.4 million followers on twitter, looks like he has gained more from last week, so I'm sure losing Aiden as a follower won't bother him so much.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unicorns wrote: »

^^This.:cool:
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish he'd go away. He's creepy to look at, like a woman with a beard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    well he as added "rapper" to his bio :cool:

ZOMG! Soooooo artistic!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes ignore your posts because you have a habit of talking down to people who do not agree with you. That's my opinion.:p

With regards to my Aiden Grimshaw post, James mentioned the pessimists in his post, you being one of them, and I was using your statement about Aiden flopping and you see no reason why James shouldn't as an example.

James has over 1.4 million followers on twitter, looks like he has gained more from last week, so I'm sure losing Aiden as a follower won't bother him so much.

I don't talk down to anyone. I steer away from making personal comments about other posters on here and I try to keep my arguments constructive. I have no issue with other people disagreeing with my comments and love a good discussion with many different viewpoints being considered. A lot of frustration I have on this forum is from people making personal insults against other posters or fanbases in general. So, can you please stop targeting me and making false accusations that have no relevance to this discussion? Cheers.

With regards to the Aiden thing, I still don't see why you brought up an old example of something I can't even remember saying (I'm pretty sure I would never say that Aiden has 'flopped' as I believe that there are other ways to measure success - for example, a quality product that will stand the test of time) and what it has to do with James' attitude on Twitter.

Losing Aiden as a follower won't bother him at all, I've no doubt about it. But burning your bridges with your contemporaries in the music industry isn't big or clever, and James needs to be aware that his comments now might have a long-term affect on his career.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think James just needs to chill. All I have to say is that if this was another artist, people will be ripping them apart on here.

He needs to think about the positive. But if he keeps on tweeting stuff like that then he may lose some fans or potential ones.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of famous people on twitter who mouth off, very regularly...and their careers are firmly intact. Rihanna straight up insults her own fans for condemning her working with Chris Brown...yet, she gets bigger with each album.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Don't like him. He needs a good wash!

Im with you on this;), also he comes across as a bloody misery his interviews are awful. JMO though i know some people do like him, so each to their own and all that..
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    There are plenty of famous people on twitter who mouth off, very regularly...and their careers are firmly intact. Rihanna straight up insults her own fans for condemning her working with Chris Brown...yet, she gets bigger with each album.

Were Rihanna and the others like that when they were just starting out though or is it just since they've become established in the industry? Since James is being so unpleasant before he's proved himself and established himself in the industry he might put people off from the getgo - I don't just mean fans but people who work in the industry. I wouldn't want to work with someone so rude but that's just me! There's nothing wrong in him defending himself but he doesn't have to be rude about it, he could just ask people to let him prove himself before condemning him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Were Rihanna and the others like that when they were just starting out though or is it just since they've become established in the industry? Since James is being so unpleasant before he's proved himself and established himself in the industry he might put people off him from the getgo.

No, I don't recall Rihanna being at all outspoken when she was first starting out. And I agree with your post completely. Rihanna is probably the biggest popstar in the world right now, she can afford to lose fans (and she has done since the whole Chris Brown thing, for sure.) She's also secure in the knowledge that producers will want to work with her regardless of her attitude, because her brand works, and it sells by the truckload. James doesn't have that luxury yet, so he needs to prove himself artistically before he courts this sort of controversy. The line between being famous for your talent whilst being controversial, and being famous for the sake of being controversial is very thin, and he's going to find himself walking it more and more if he continues to rant at people in this way.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    James needs to stop being so arrogant, he's getting too big for his boots, particularly when he's just starting out. Perhaps he's right people should give him a chance, but that works both ways, he should be more polite. James should try and prove himself first.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I can see the point he's trying to make but he has such a nasty, angry, aggressive, confrontational way of putting things

plus he comes across egotistical, entitled and rude ... he seems as rough as a badger's a*se and not particularly nice

Totally agree - it appears his opinion is 'fact' and we do well to remember it - like the lowly tykes we are.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with what Diamond said also :)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Asshole