Options

Verdict on this year's CBB ?

redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
Forum Member
✭✭
I enjoyed it as I always do, but this year seemed a bit contrived as to who the producers thought should win, or at least be the front runners.

Ah well, that's it now for another year (for CBB)

Comments

• Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complete and utter shite.

Roll on the next series, the less said about this the better. Terrible casting bar two or three.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    I enjoyed it as I always do, but this year seemed a bit contrived as to who the producers thought should win, or at least be the front runners.

Ah well, that's it now for another year (for CBB)
    I enjoyed it - I always enjoy BB to varying degrees. I really enjoyed tonight and the live feed over the last two Thursdays most of all. Well done to Ryan; the first two were a given, so he was a winner in many ways.
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but it was definitely the most contrived cbb I've ever watched.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it but it's not BB as we know it. Not even close.
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Boring as all get out. It felt like we needed a second "behind the scenes" series just to learn who was in the house besides Rylan and speidi.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Speidi 7/10.

Without Speidi 2/10.
  • Options
    south banksouth bank Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best CBB ever. Shame that Speidi didn't win, but we all know that they were the true stars that made for compulsive viewing.
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no strong feelings either way it was just odd and a little well flat. Speidi being there you knew that there would be animosity fights etc and they would be put forward to boost ratings and they probably were paid most so it was all a little contrived. Plus the rest felt like non entities and bit players to the Rylan and Speidi show tonight showing that completely. So whilst it was good it was also bad and overall was just a bit meh.
  • Options
    SilentWitnessSilentWitness Posts: 9,395
    Forum Member
    Extremely annoying at times... but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. :) Roll on the summer, when we can do it all again. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    bad cast. only 3 of them deserve their pay check - rylan/speidi/paula

the rest were so DULL

and only 3/4 episodes were actually great, rest were MEH
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First I've watched since it left C4. And the only reason was Speidi. They delivered. So did Rylan. The rest? Woeful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Worst one ever,,,,awful editing,,,,,,people being let out the house. Channel 5 are ruining the BB experience imo
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best ever with Rylan winning
  • Options
    HelenHHelenH Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been the most contrived CBB, it was always Rylan vs Speidi. This "good versus evil" just shows how easily manipulated people are.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Complete and utter shite.

Roll on the next series, the less said about this the better. Terrible casting bar two or three.

Agreed It's got be up there as one of the worse IF not The worse one ever :(
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it but it was pretty disappointing after CBB9 and CBB10.

Without Speidi it would have been the worst CBB ever.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Average series with good moments but a house full of deadwood bar 4 housemates. Not the worst but definitely not the best!!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Pulling no punches - a desperately contrived and manipulated piece of tut that has no business being on in primetime hours and makes me embarrassed to be a BB viewer.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just about saved because of Spencer and Heidi. OK winner, not a great winner. An average series with possibly the best CBB HMs ever in Spencer and Heidi.
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought tonight made very uncomfortable viewing.

The interviews were all setting up the HM's to slag off Speidi, and the clips shown obviously brought back bad feelings and anger, which meant the HM's interviews ended up being very negative, rather than focusing on the fun they'd had in the house.

It was basically bullying (and I say this as someone who didn't like Speidi), and I felt bad watching it. It was the studio audience, housemates and Brian v Speidi, which isn't on.

I thought it was the worst Celeb BB in a long time, if not ever. I don't buy the "if everyone just got on it would be boring" arguement, as I personally don't find constant arguments and people hurting other people as particularly entertaining.

I'd rather have seen an equal share of the housemates, a lot more tasks and missions, NONE of the HMs listening in on conversations which had been set up to cause divisions and I'd have made them earn the food and drink a lot more. It was just like watching a rather long party most of the time. BB was always better when people suffered having no luxuries and had to create their own entertainment, which was better for the viewers. This years BB has had far too much coverage of people lying about in bathrobes, sleeping and doing nothing much but eat.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    A very memorable series thanks to Rylan and Speidi. Poor casting otherwise but those two saved it from being a complete washout. Maybe not the best CBB series we've ever had but certainly not the worst either.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost interest about a week into the show and have only really watched 2 or 3 episodes since then.
    So from a personal point of view .. it speaks volumes. :o
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    I actually thought tonight made very uncomfortable viewing.

The interviews were all setting up the HM's to slag off Speidi, and the clips shown obviously brought back bad feelings and anger, which meant the HM's interviews ended up being very negative, rather than focusing on the fun they'd had in the house.

It was basically bullying (and I say this as someone who didn't like Speidi), and I felt bad watching it. It was the studio audience, housemates and Brian v Speidi, which isn't on.

I thought it was the worst Celeb BB in a long time, if not ever. I don't buy the "if everyone just got on it would be boring" arguement, as I personally don't find constant arguments and people hurting other people as particularly entertaining.

I'd rather have seen an equal share of the housemates, a lot more tasks and missions, NONE of the HMs listening in on conversations which had been set up to cause divisions and I'd have made them earn the food and drink a lot more. It was just like watching a rather long party most of the time. BB was always better when people suffered having no luxuries and had to create their own entertainment, which was better for the viewers. This years BB has had far too much coverage of people lying about in bathrobes, sleeping and doing nothing much but eat.

Good post, I agree. Also, I thought they should have shared the missions more evenly between the hms
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan too dominant in the house for me, Speidi had moments but were too negative at times - would like to see more HM's involved next time. Never really got into this one as I didnt have anyone I could really relate to.