Options

Humax 9300 recording over old programme bug

Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm getting a strange bug with my Humax 9300.

A new recording goes over an old one and the new recording becomes a duplicate.

For example I recorded Frasier on Channel 4 on Sunday. Then I recorded Unstoppable on Channel 4.

Humax ended up with two Unstoppables exactly the same but Frasier completely vanished.

Then today a similar thing was happening again. I was recording Django on Movie Mix and noticed there were two John Carpenter Vampires but no Django. The Humax was recording Django over a previously recorded John Carpenter Vampires recording. When I played back John Carpenter Vampires the beginning bit was the Django it was currently recording with John Carpenter Vampires at the end!

This strange bug also makes it fail to record a scheduled programme, yesterday Strike Back Project did not record and today Revenge did not record. Both were scheduled to record during the times when the fudge up occurred.

Update Date on PVR is July 7 2011.

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch what you can and then Format (losing all your recordings). I'm afraid your HDD has become (software) corrupted.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    Watch what you can and then Format (losing all your recordings). I'm afraid your HDD has become (software) corrupted.

423 recorded programmes, I have taken the phone off the hook, it's going to be a long night!
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    Yup I agree; a classic case of a corrupt file system that is a relatively common problem. If you are prepared to open the box then it is feasible to download the programs to a PC and watch them from there if that is easier for you.