Options

Dermal filler in balls of feet (to wear high heel shoes pain free)

Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
Forum Member
✭✭
Have any of you had this procedure and does it work?
I am desperate to have it done, I get hideous burning pain in the balls of my feet after wearing high heels on a night out. Those gel pads only make it the tiniest less painful.

So, this procedure works by having dermal filler injected into the balls of feet, providing an internal cushion. It apparently lasts several months, enabling one to wear high heels all day and night completely pain free in the affected area.

I have read about this a couple of years ago when there were several newspaper articles but it's all gone quiet. I don't know anyone who's had it done, and there doesn't seem to be loads and loads of clinics in London that offer it. Strange. I think I have managed to find only one, and there are no prices on the website. I am sure one has to ring for a (paid) consultation first.

If it really works, I want it, regardless of cost really. I am only concerned about effectiveness and any possible side effects.

Do you have any experiences to share?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading about it in the paper, I think they called it a "Loub" job :D

I have nothing to add really, other than I would TOTALLY get it if I weren't terrified of needles and pain!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    I remember reading about it in the paper, I think they called it a "Loub" job :D

I have nothing to add really, other than I would TOTALLY get it if I weren't terrified of needles and pain!
    I'm ok with needles if I don't look. As for the pain...well the pain I get from wearing high heels on a night out is excruciating so it'll be worth it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi there

The procedure costs £295 on average. There is a clinic in merseyside the birkdale clinic.

Also, most places who administer Botox etc are starting to offer it. Also podiatrist clinics have started to offer it.

It takes 15-20 mins and your good to go!

Sooooo excited!

Hope this helps!

I'm definitely getting it done. As I write this, I'm looking at my pair of jimmy choos, which I have only worn for about seven minutes because of pain in the balls of my feet.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what happens if it goes wrong like all the stories we're hearing about dermal fillers at the moment?
    Do yourselves a favour and engage the brain before the purse.
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there

The procedure costs £295 on average. There is a clinic in merseyside the birkdale clinic.

Also, most places who administer Botox etc are starting to offer it. Also podiatrist clinics have started to offer it.

It takes 15-20 mins and your good to go!

Sooooo excited!

Hope this helps!

I'm definitely getting it done. As I write this, I'm looking at my pair of jimmy choos, which I have only worn for about seven minutes because of pain in the balls of my feet.
    So what happens if it goes wrong like all the stories we're hearing about dermal fillers at the moment?
    Do yourselves a favour and engage the brain before the purse.

I bet the injection hurts like hell that is such a tender spot :eek:

Think i will just stick to lower heels :)
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw I wouldn't do it, I have images in my head of this filler squishing round your feet under the skin after hours of your entire weight pressing down on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    The stress on the little joints in your feet will still be in the wrong place for comfortable walking.

Really high heels are bad for your feet. There is no getting away from that.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw I wouldn't do it, I have images in my head of this filler squishing round your feet under the skin after hours of your entire weight pressing down on them.

That's a really good point actually.

Docs recommend you sleep on your back after you've had it put in your face to stop it dispersing.

Can't imagine it would last long on the balls of your feet :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As this thread was started on 5 April I'm assuming it was a belated April Fool's "joke". That really is the only logical explanation! :eek:
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    The stress on the little joints in your feet will still be in the wrong place for comfortable walking.

Really high heels are bad for your feet. There is no getting away from that.

Agreed and long term wearing of them can also cause back problems in later life too. I'll never understand why anyone would want to put their health at risk just to wear killer heels. I know they can look nice and glam but surely your health is more important?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As this thread was started on 5 April I'm assuming it was a belated April Fool's "joke". That really is the only logical explanation! :eek:
    You assume wrong.