Who is the voice of our generation?

13»

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Yep her voice is insanely good, she is becoming underrated these days sadly, I'm looking forward to her new album! :D

Having a great voice isn't just about being technically great, remember that people, what about warmth, emotion and character? ;)

Completely agree with this. I'd rather listen to someone with soul, passion, character and pure raw emotion hit a few duff notes than someone technically perfect but bland and dull.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I think it's fairly obvious in the context of this thread that 'Voice of a Generation' is referring to SINGERS. And it should be no surprise to anyone that all this vocal acrobatic hoo-har is predominantly led by female artists. While you are right in your definition of 'Voice of a Generation', it's not what this thread was getting at...and you clearly know that.

not from the header it wasnt.... i was interested to see who is regarded as the voice of this generation, not which bint has the biggest gob. the header is misleading.

and if its female vocalists that youre referring to then for me its kate bush, siouxsie sioux and dusty.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not from the header it wasnt.... i was interested to see who is regarded as the voice of this generation, not which bint has the biggest gob. the header is misleading.
    It's DigitalSpy's music from. What did you honestly expect it to mean?
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Anselmo
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Black!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    It's DigitalSpy's music from. What did you honestly expect it to mean?

No, I agree with Mushymanrob on this, the title is misleading and open to interpretation, not really helped by the first post either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was listening to Ana earlier! Her voice is like a force of nature, hope she is getting better too!

I agree. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce her voice is amazing and she highly rated.

And then Justin Timberlake for the men.
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one. There have always been plenty of voices of every generation and choices depend entirely on what type of music you like.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want an undoubtedly good voice that will stand the test of time, and has achieved significant commercial success/proclaim, then either Adele or Beyonce.

I'd have to say Beyonce beats Adele though just cos she's been around far longer (around 10 years solo, and about 16 if you include her Destiny's Child years too), whereas Adele has been around for around 6 years.