Veronica Mars - THE MOVIE thread

P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't believe that it is finally returning and will be here by next year! :D:D:D I cannot wait for it :)

Here's the "first look" video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJhjV3EOY4

They literally got straight to creating and filming it and I hope it is a success and gives the fans what we've been waiting for :D

Most of the cast are returning for it which is even better :)

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer`s up.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Warner Brothers have released the first couple of minutes of the film to generate a bit of publicity. It is safe to watch as there are No Spoilers in the clip, its basically a recap of the storyline of the TV Series.

http://youtu.be/9Cd8cMWb0gI
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know for sure how long the movie will be, please? I've booked tickets to see it on Friday night as I am lucky enough to live in one of the few cities where it is going to be on at the cinema, and my ticket says Run time 1 Hr 8 mins while the cinema's website says 1 hour 45 minutes. Google says 68 minutes and IMDB says 107 min. :confused:

I would normally assume that 68 minutes was way too short except for a film for very young kids or an indie documentary or something, but since it was funded via Kickstarter I can imagine they might only have been able to afford to make it that length. So does anyone know?
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure how long the movie will be, please? I've booked tickets to see it on Friday night as I am lucky enough to live in one of the few cities where it is going to be on at the cinema, and my ticket says Run time 1 Hr 8 mins while the cinema's website says 1 hour 45 minutes. Google says 68 minutes and IMDB says 107 min. :confused:

I would normally assume that 68 minutes was way too short except for a film for very young kids or an indie documentary or something, but since it was funded via Kickstarter I can imagine they might only have been able to afford to make it that length. So does anyone know?

Do you live in the US? Possibly is 68mins since your ticket also says that. Please post your thoughts once you have watched it!

EDIT: Just looked at my local cinema and its on their too! It also says 107 mins though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playa1 wrote: »
    Do you live in the US? Possibly is 68mins since your ticket also says that. Please post your thoughts once you have watched it!

EDIT: Just looked at my local cinema and its on their too! It also says 107 mins though.

I live in the UK. It's being released over here the same day as in the US.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kristen bell just doesn't look right in the clips she should have lost more of the baby weight imo also her hair is very plain
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Any news on what services will be carrying the Digital Download?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    Were you a Kickstarter backer ? I was and at a level that got me the digital download, but for the life of me I can't work out how to download it to my computer so I can then burn it to USB to watch it on my tv. Maybe this is not even possible cos I have been able to get it playing on my computer but stopped after ~4s cos I don't want to watch a film whilst sat at my computer desk, films should be enjoyed on the sofa (aka my bed). >:(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »

It is available on Itunes $19.99
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Google agrees with IMDB that it is 107 minutes long, so I think it is just the ticket that's wrong.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Now Google agrees with IMDB that it is 107 minutes long, so I think it is just the ticket that's wrong.

Yes it is 1hr 47mins including credits.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Kickstarter, I've just received my script. I'm determined not to read it before I have seen the film though.

Can't wait.
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I've seen it. All i'll say is that i enjoyed it muchly and that i'm hugely sad now i've watched it and there isn't anymore veronica mars again. It leaves you wanting more films,/another series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    As a Kickstarter, I've just received my script. I'm determined not to read it before I have seen the film though.
    Can't wait.
    got mine too, need more paper though :darnit:, and reading it AFTER seeing movie is probably a good call. :)
    andy614 wrote: »
    I've seen it. All i'll say is that i enjoyed it muchly and that i'm hugely sad now i've watched it and there isn't anymore veronica mars again. It leaves you wanting more films,/another series.
    - iiuc there are at least 3 books planned.
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one know if you can access the digital download via the ps3 network at all? Don't fancy renting it I iTunes and having to watch on the laptop
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one know if you can access the digital download via the ps3 network at all? Don't fancy renting it I iTunes and having to watch on the laptop

You may need to create a new playstation user and set your location to the US so you can grab the VUDU app. You need a Ultraviolet service and I believe Flixster may be the only UK one which based on my Sony Bluray player isn't available on Sony devices but if you can switch to the US service the VUDU one is available (and allows a better quality stream than Flixster too)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, and glad to say there weren't many empty seats, though probably they picked which screen to show it on going by how many tickets they had sold in advance. If you are a fan of James Franco, make sure to stay and watch through the end credits.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    I watched the film through the flixster app on ipad, loved it.

However there seems to be a lot of confusion as to why the movie download backers were expecting, isn't an actual download to keep.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/veronica-mars-kickstarter-backers-receive-688835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too. OK, so it won't win any Oscars and probably won't appeal to any newcomers but as a love-letter to the fans it was fantastic. It was great that they got so many of the original cast back - especially Mac, who was always my favourite. I'm now tempted to watch the whole TV series again as I haven't seen it for a few years.

Kristen is looking as gorgeous as ever.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    WOW that was actually really good I didt think it would be it was so 100% made for the fans though its not easy to just dive into the movie IMO but I dont care I got it all:p:D

They got alot of the characters in there im amazed they blended it all in so well

I dont know about the
    subplots that could be explored in a potential sequel though I would love to see it but will it happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing which annoyed me was the blatant product placement for Samsung (and to a lesser extent Budweiser). It felt like an advert for the Galaxy tablets at times.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it, though it was very much just a triple-episode of the TV show, and I'm not sure how anyone who doesn't know the show might get to grips with it... but kudos for all the shout-outs to the series, and for getting it made in the first place! Would be great if it might lead to more movies, or another short season on Netflix or something of that nature... great to see the gang back together though!
  • Knuxs7Knuxs7 Posts: 3,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was lucky too in terms of showing location! They had it in a 40 mile away Empire Cinema :D Sooooo worth the drive. After all the effort to get the movie made, couldn't just watch it on DVD!

I felt among "friends" and fellow backers in the theatre, was a fantastic night, and the movie was ace too. So many shout outs to the fans and some seriously shocking moments. All for a mere £3.50! (Odeon / Cineworld you guys are doing it wrong!).

It had a good ending that would satisfy me if there was no more Veronica ever. But plenty of scope for a new TV show reboot or future movies.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    I'd love the series to come back. There are so many more choices now with American television. Netflix for example or a "smaller" cable pick up like A&E or FXX
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    - iiuc there are at least 3 books planned.
    one is completed and Kristen Bell has done the audiobook version :woot: