IT Crowd special

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
The IT crowd special is only a few weeks away! It has been announced for September.

Absolutely can not wait for this, although it's a shame it will be the last one. Also it doesn't sound like Richmond will be in it, there's no mention of him, but all 4 main characters are back though.

Comments

• P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise that the special was coming so soon. :o

I can't wait :)
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whooooooah

really?

I love this show
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. Can't wait!!! It's a shame we can't keep going back to these characters but the cast are so busy it was never gonna happen. Still, it's been fun while it lasted. :)
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic - love this show :D
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this! Watched the Gay episode the other week again, absolutely hilarious!
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WELL excited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love the early days of The IT Crowd, with Chris Morris popping up occasionally but with the main three characters getting on with the main cut and thrust of each storyline. But then Matt Berry turned up, and it all went downhill with far too much focus on his one-dimensional character mincing, thrusting and showboating his way through each show.

I think I'll pass.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The IT Crowd special will be on this Friday at 9.00pm. I can't wait to watch it but I'm gutted it'll be the last one.
  • jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with earlier post, this show was great when it started and the Matt Berry character was painful to watch sometimes. I will be tuning in this week of course though ... hope it's a funny one!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you see that ludicrous display last night ??
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it an hour special? I hope so. I am super excited and so glad they're ending it this way. Some of your fave shows never give any closure. So excited.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    :confused:

This is a quote from an episode (Are We Not Men?) where Moss masters cockney football-speak with the help of a football translation website. They both use this to try to pass as "proper" men for a couple of days.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Looking forward to this! Watched the Gay episode the other week again, absolutely hilarious!

I think thats my favourite one :D

Im looking forward to the special, i just hope they keep the show as it was and dont try to change it to attract a bigger audience.

Of course i hope richmond features in it somewhere, and the less of the boss the better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a quote from an episode (Are We Not Men?) where Moss masters cockney football-speak with the help of a football translation website. They both use this to try to pass as "proper" men for a couple of days.

:D
    I love this episode.
    The scene where Moss and Roy are at a football match is brilliant.
    Moss : "This is the worst thing EVER"
    Roy : "Well how long does it last ?"
    Moss : "About a billion hours apparently !"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw one of the trailers.
    What has Katherine Parkinson done to her hair ?? :eek:
    She looked so sexy in series 1 - 4, but THIS ?
    Oh no, no, no
    :(
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are having an IT Crowd series 4 weekend this weekend, to get ready for the special next week. Can't wait. :)
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried. I loved the IT Crowd but think it's better left where it was. Specials are rarely as good as the normal, shorter programme and certainly not after a long hiatus eg The Royal Family, This Life. Linehan's involvement in Count Arthur Strong doesn't fill me with hope either. Hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a major let down.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, no, no
    Those waist coats don't really suit her either.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, no, no

She really didn't.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

I was laughing so hard at that one that I could barely breathe.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a few hours to go. Would anyone put it past Linehan to kill off one, if not all of the main characters?!

Expecting seriously good ratings, thanks to the anticipation for the finale and the lead-in S.H.I.E.L.D should give it.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long ago were the originals broadcast, because they all look much older in the trailer, especially the girl.?
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    It's been over 3 years now
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    Expecting seriously good ratings, thanks to the anticipation for the finale and the lead-in S.H.I.E.L.D should give it.

Well, I expect the +1 ratings to be good... it's got no chance in beating Strictly!