Options

Dynamo - most pointless guest ever?

The intricacies of slight of hand magic didn't mix well with a big dance routine. Anyone else sit there watching wondering what the point was or just me?

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No me too. I didn't get him being there at all a complete waste. Most odd
  • Options
    littletaffygirllittletaffygirl Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Kept wondering it he was coming back. But he didn't. Bizarre
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did a bit more dancing than Mary Berry, but I did at least know who the superstar Mary Berry was.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I found this thread.:D

I thought there was a point to it all but I just couldn't see it.:blush:
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We kept waiting for something to happen - very strange.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No trumps. Waste of time. And the dance routine was strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he would come back to do more magic but no. Oddest thing
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was hardly dynamic.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought 'who is this new dancer then?' And was just rather confused.

Completely pointless for me then, obviously.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough he then popped up on Sports Personality & was just as completely pointless.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough he then popped up on Sports Personality & was just as completely pointless.

Perhaps he'll pop up on Pointless next.

Bet he won't be pointless there.:D
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he's this year's Emeli Sande!

Glad I wasn't the only one sitting there scratching my head over it.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange I thought. I've seen his shows on Watch and he is an excellent magician. Just not suited to a quick appearance in a dance routine!
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to agree about wondering what the point was. And that dance - at least it was a bit more entertaining that the tea party one. Well, the music was, at least, but what got me puzzled about the dancing more than anything was a 10-second head and shoulders focus on three female dancers just smiling and posing whilst (seemingly?) dancing. Thank you Mr BBC, I know very well what the dancers look like, but that's beside the point - I want to see them dancing.

At the very end, when the camera was on Dynamo, I thought he looked rather puzzled and out of it a bit, as if he wasn't sure why he was there and it was a panic attack. Very odd, basically.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly is all about glamour so they booked a magician who has a cool 'street urban' image. He is not of the old fashioned top hat and tails variety.
    They could have hired someone from the Magic Circle to do a couple of tricks and dress up in top hat and tails, and for less money too. I doubt most viewers of SCD knew who he was anyway!
    Maybe they should have hired ex-contestant Paul Daniels. That would have made more sense!
  • Options
    IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His best trick was being on both Strictly AND the Xtra Factor panel on Saturday night. Was his Strictly performance recorded before the show went live or did he actually miss a lot of the X Factor live final he was supposed to comment on.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cake lady was equally pointless.
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    It was really odd wasn't it! I thought he looked a bit baffled by it at the end too. I've seen his Watch shows and like him, but I thought the same about the close up of the three dancers that went on for what seemed like ages. I said wow that is a cloooooose up of Janette!

The routine was quite manic and the tricks didn't stand out to me it was all frantic!
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute rubbish and complete waste of time. Goodness knows what Cheryl Burke in the audience, from DWTS thought.
    She tweeted something along the lines of...Here at Strictly, its so.....English. Perhaps she thought it bizarre too.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to know why he was booked to appear as he just looked so out of place.Also now & again his expression on his face was like a Rabbit caught in the headlights.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Complete waste of time. Why couldn't we have had Darcy and one of the pros dancing like she did last year with Ian? She is a joy to watch.
  • Options
    MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I'd love to know why he was booked to appear as he just looked so out of place.Also now & again his expression on his face was like a Rabbit caught in the headlights.

Well, TBF if I'd had Iveta bearing down on me with that manic grin on her face, I'd probably have looked pretty much like that, too. :kitty:
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The intricacies of slight of hand magic didn't mix well with a big dance routine. Anyone else sit there watching wondering what the point was or just me?

It Wasn't My cup Of Tea.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the bit at the end where he disappeared off stage and didn't come back was amazing...
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole routine was shite.