Options

Emmerdaily 9/1/14 Is This Some Kind Of Bust?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Going for high pitched this week Oldnjaded, danger of going deaf.

Some people have no taste. :(

Great Analysis though, (apart from the Val bit). You really have had a change of heart. :cool:
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's appeared in the odd episode before but that GP seems way too prominent in tonight's episode to be a plot device GP and not a character, just seemed odd how central he was to the chat, usually on these shows GPs play a minor role when main characters visit.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's appeared in the odd episode before but that GP seems way too prominent in tonight's episode to be a plot device GP and not a character, just seemed odd how central he was to the chat, usually on these shows GPs play a minor role when main characters visit.

Maybe he was just a better actor than the usual ones soap get to play doctors.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe but even the fact he was relatively hot, it seems soap world thinks all GPs are good looking, when most are probably bald slightly chubby 50 year olds. Although must say my GP is actually a looker in his 30s so maybe they all are :D

He just seemed like overkill casting for a minor character.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can she be accused of child abuse on someone who looks like she's approaching 50 and put too much slap on to try and hide it?:D

Born 1998 according to IMDB so Gemma/actress is playing her own age
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And The Wicker Man. >:(

You mean you're not supposedto laugh at the end:D:D:D

I just saw the Baz Luhrmann version of The Great Gatsby - it was far better than the '70s one with Robert Redford
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean you're not supposedto laugh at the end:D:D

I just saw the Baz Luhrmann version of The Great Gatsby - it was far better than the '70s one with Robert Redford

:o Sacrilege!! How can anything ever possibly be better than anything with Robert Redford in it?? :o:o

I haven't seen the Baz Luhrmann version but I would not dream of tainting my happy memories of RR with it. >:( Just as I wouldn't taint the magic of Dudley Moore's original Arthur by watching Russell Brand's feeble attempt at recreating the role. (And which even Brand now acknowledges was a huge mistake). >:(>:(

Oops, strayed off topic a bit there. :blush: As for Firefly's point about Priya's GP, I guess they were just trying to do the NHS a favour by showing that doctors do try and get into the problems of their patients, but as long as Priya keeps being in denial and insisting she's fine, there's not much he can do at this stage. :)