Options

Autopsy: Whitney Houston's Last Hours

RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else watching this on Channel 5? Last week, they were investigating Michael Jackson's death and now this week is on Whitney's death.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thing on Whitney houston is ruining my perfect opinion of her:( what a waste of talent
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw I liked Stacey Francis on xfactor lol
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i feel as though i watch these and it's the truth - the stars cronies cant spin a coronors report and as it's presented by a pathologist its just much more credible than reading about it in the papers.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I'm watching. It's really interesting to see how all that stuff she was drinking and taking does to you. Those before and after clips of singing were shocking. Such a waste of a amazing voice which will never be bettered.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I didnt realise how much of druggie waster she was, amazing she lived that long. I notice there are no pictures of her body as there was last week.
  • Options
    MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So beautiful, yet so sad. I wonder if she would have gone this way if she'd never met Bobby Brown

Sure, he can't force her, but he can encourage her

Does anyone know what Cocaine does in the form of the 'high'??
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart-breaking stuff! So desperately sad - a waste of a wonderful talent and of a life. :(
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was heavily into weed before she met Bobby Brown, and had that addictive personality so it just got worse when she met him. The fault can't be fully directed at him. Also it's an open secret that she preferred women and this caused major conflict in her life and religion.
  • Options
    TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise just how bad things were with her, now I'm just surprised she lived as long as she did. Very sad....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I didnt realise how much of druggie waster she was, amazing she lived that long. I notice there are no pictures of her body as there was last week.

Presumably because the MJ pics were in the public domain (they were used in the Murray and AEG court cases and published in the media) - whereas no Whitney autopsy photos have surfaced in the public domain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable that Clive Davis went ahead with his party while the woman that made him millions lay dead upstairs
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the drug dealer is total scum he has no remorse at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »

Agreed! What a disgusting person!>:(
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The drug dealer's response makes me sick!:mad: He doesn't even care! He's absolutely vile!:(
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    Unbelievable that Clive Davis went ahead with his party while the woman that made him millions lay dead upstairs

Just goes to show that like those who surrounded Michael Jackson the people who associated themselves with Whitney were only interested in the money she could make them. The party should have been cancelled. If I were supposed to attend I would have pulled out and made the reason clear.

As for the drugs dealer? Words fail me as to just how despicable he is, however, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Surely people realise by now that drug dealers don't care at all about the person to whom they supply? All they're interested in is money. The only reason they're bothered when one of their 'customers' dies from their habit is because they know they'll no longer make any money from them. Horrific people with no morals whatsoever.

Sadly Whitney's story is just as tragic as Michael's. Michael, mistakenly killed by the doctor who just pumped him with drugs for every eventuality (no doubt ordered by AEG to keep the tour going, again, it's all about the money) and people Whitney, drowned in a bath because she was so drugged up that her brain couldn't hear what her body was telling her. I actually think it's a completely awful way to go and I was shocked, I didn't know the exact circumstances but to stand in a bath so hot it scalds you then to faint because of this and drown with no way of saving yourself is truly horrific.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'll never understand why anyone would want to snort that crap up their nose, no matter how great it makes them feel.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    I'm convinced that he was an actor, perhaps standing in for the "real" dealer who was maybe to cowardly to show his face. I just didn't find him to be believable and it sounded like he was reading from a script. Also, as an extremely hard core and "clued up" Whitney fan, I know that there were a few "new" people who were constantly spotted with her towards the end who the fans have speculated may have been supplying her and he definetly wasn't one of them. Obviously us fans don't know everything, but I just didn't believe him.

All in all, I found the show to be tacky and "tabloid rubbish" in places, but I can't deny that it was also fascinating. Whitney's death affected me and countless other fans very deeply so it is quite nice in a way to finally know the details. I could go on all day about how tragic Whitney's life was, but at the end of the day she touched other people's lives in such a positive way with her music and incredible voice, no amount of new information on her addictions will ever change my admiration for her at this point, she was only human and humans make mistakes.
    nw0307 wrote: »
    Also it's an open secret that she preferred women and this caused major conflict in her life and religion.
    This is all just tabloid speculation built on Whitney's extremely close relationship with her best friend and assistant Robyn. Whitney strenuously denied the allegations until the end and actually had quite a few boyfriends before and after Bobby. I just think its unfair to treat something as fact when Whitney deined it and there is no real proof to indicate otherwise.
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »

This is all just tabloid speculation built on Whitney's extremely close relationship with her best friend and assistant Robyn. Whitney strenuously denied the allegations until the end and actually had quite a few boyfriends before and after Bobby. I just think its unfair to treat something as fact when Whitney deined it and there is no real proof to indicate otherwise.

I'm not concerned with tabloid speculation although there is a lot of it around. I was told by a make up artist who did her tour make up in this country many years ago. She was often interrupted doing Whitney's makeup because of her kissing and cavorting with girlfriends in the dressing room. Some of which were also celebs although I can't remember who they were now - wasn't that bothered by it tbh. And for the denials, Whitney also denied several times on camera that she didn't do crack and we all know that wasn't true
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    The drug dealer's response makes me sick!:mad: He doesn't even care! He's absolutely vile!:(

Why would we expect anything else??

There were some terrible pictures of Whitney that came out in 2001 and I am surprised her body held out for as long as it did. She was likely on drugs for the last couple of decades of her life.

Drugs should never been seen as some kind of casual habit or just a 'rite of passage'. They wreck lives.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So beautiful, yet so sad. I wonder if she would have gone this way if she'd never met Bobby Brown

Sure, he can't force her, but he can encourage her

Does anyone know what Cocaine does in the form of the 'high'??

Check out FRANK and it will explain.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    Sadly Whitney's story is just as tragic as Michael's. Michael, mistakenly killed by the doctor who just pumped him with drugs for every eventuality (no doubt ordered by AEG to keep the tour going, again, it's all about the money) and people Whitney, drowned in a bath because she was so drugged up that her brain couldn't hear what her body was telling her. I actually think it's a completely awful way to go and I was shocked, I didn't know the exact circumstances but to stand in a bath so hot it scalds you then to faint because of this and drown with no way of saving yourself is truly horrific.

Have to take issue with you about the part in bold. MJ chose to obtain and take drugs himself - it had nothing to do with AEG and this was proved in court. Jackson had Murray on his pay roll before. The upcoming tour possibly exacerbated the situation but nobody at AEG ordered Jackson to take drugs.

As for Whitney, I'd like to have sympathy for her but she always came across as a rather unpleasant person.

I remember how she made remarks about how immoral Madonna was when they had that rivalry going in the 80s. We were treated to one of them pretending the be the all American church going good girl (secretly doing drugs) and the other one pretending to be risqué (but secretly being as clean living as possible) you couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have enjoyed.. not sure that's the right word.. these two shows. To reconstruct it all is rather poor taste, but they've both been exceptionally realistic. And interesting to get more facts about what actually ended up killing them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    having gone through addiction myself it broke my heart watching this show.
    anyone who hasn't been an addict is lucky, and will never understand how it affects you and overcomes you. I really believe that her call to the pastor who didn't answer was a call for help, saying she was having the urge again.
    heartbreaking, but long live whitney, she was a legend and once in a lifetime talent.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    "Lucky"? What a strange thing to say. I don't class myself as lucky just because I don't do drugs.

Found this show fascinating in a morbid kind of way. A very tragic story of a very talented woman who had many demons to flight and lost the battle with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I didn't say drugs, I said addiction.
    addiction can be to many different things, and as I have said before, unless you have been through it, its really hard to understand, its not as straightforward as saying yes or no.
    its a lifelong battle that never lets up.
    to do that battle and with all the media attention and showbiz pressure,it must have been hell on earth for whitney