Lupita Nyong'o the Kenyan Goddess

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is Hollywood latest it-girl. She was still unknown 4 months ago but now she's an oscar nominee in critically acclaimed 12 years a slave. She's the new face of Miu Miu. She's been ruling the red carpet all season. She's on the covers of magazines. Oprah Winfrey adores her. During fashion week she sat front row next to Anna Wintour. She is Yale educated, intelligent, poised, well-spoken,elegant and of course very talented.

Apparently she's may or may not be dating fellow oscar nominee Jared Leto. They've been looking well chummy since the beginning of award season. Some one spotted them in hotel in NY on Valentine's day. I bet Michael Fassbender tried his luck. It's no secret he likes the sistas :D and Lupita is a gorgeous one.

No I am not stalking her but she is my girl crush :blush::D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2560711/Lupita-Nyongo-dazzles-emerald-green-silk-fishtail-hem-gown-suited-booted-Leonardo-DiCaprio-lead-glittering-A-list-attendees-2014-BAFTAs.html

Comments

• MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does nothing for me...
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She is stunning. I love her style too. I want to see her in more roles too.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is my girl crush too...hell, she looks far better than any man! I cannot take my eyes off her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    She is Hollywood latest it-girl. [/url]

And there goes ANY interest in who she is which I may have had before I clicked on the thread.

I've never understood why "It" girls are a thing.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Michael Fassbender tried his luck. It's no secret he likes the sistas :D and Lupita is a gorgeous one.

I would say that the man's got taste, but one does not simply let Nicole Beharie go.

I cannot resist a sista either, but she's not quite to my taste. That's irrelevant though, she's clearly done a fine job.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very striking and I love the fact she rocks natural hair. Just been on her wiki page and she has heaps of nominations for 12 Years A Slave. Also spotted her in the trailer for Non Stop, which stars Liam Neeson .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's very striking

I do agree with this. She's a real stunner. :) Is there much else to say about her at this point though?
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    She has really taken the lead in the fashion stakes during the award ceremonies; she hasn't put a foot wrong. I'd be interested to see her Oscar frock.

Very striking indeed.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her :):). My girl crush :kitty:.
    And she is Mexican-Kenyan ;-):cool:

I'm pretty sure there's some truth to those Jared rumours; I saw the tweet of that person who spotted them at that New York hotel last week and it's that person who sold the story to Page six (they're pretty reliable ).Anyways, I know that not a lot of people like him :D (they think he's an arrogant, douchebag and his close friendship with Terry Richardson doesn't help ... and BUT I like him.....shrug ).

I know some people worry about her not having a great career at Hollywood since it's a difficult for Black women to succeed there BUT I'm confident that she will be more than fine :cool:

And she's such a fashionista :o:cool:.
    Since she lost the Bafta to Jen, I now worry about her chances of not winning that Oscar :(
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats a sista?
  • gazmatgazmat Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    She's a beauty and seems very smart. Brilliant in "12 Years A Slave" too. I think I'm in love!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some rumours about our girl Lulu.

Since the beginning of award season Lupita hasn't been cast in any new project. Of course she's been very busy promoting the TYAS, doing photoshoots, giving interviews but fans are a bit worried. Fans are also aware that it's difficult to built a career in Hollywood for black actresses - even more so for dark skinned ones. However according to vulture.com, Lupita has received some offers and is in talk for one very BIG project ... (take it with a pinch of salt)

Star Wars :D:D:D:D
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is absolutely stunning, always looks amazing whenever she's snapped on the red carpet.

Great actress too.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to bet the majority of people saying she's "stunning" are women because I've never seen a more average, simple looking celebrity in my life. No man would ever give this chick a second glance on the street.

"Stunning" is Jennifer Garner, Cheryl Cole territory.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet the majority of people saying she's "stunning" are women because I've never seen a more average, simple looking celebrity in my life. No man would ever give this chick a second glance on the street.

Why would they have to be women? :confused:
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Silly billy:p
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there goes ANY interest in who she is which I may have had before I clicked on the thread.

I've never understood why "It" girls are a thing.

She might be flavour of the month, but she's hardly an 'it girl'. She's a highly credible actress. It girls are talentless numpties like Paris Hilton, Victoria Hervey, Tara Palmer Tomkinson et al, who are famous simply by virtue of being rich and well connected.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her performance in 12 Years was excellent. It'll be interesting to see where she goes from here and what type of role she'll take on next.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahahahaha Cheryl Cole!! Stunning!! Hahahahaha. :D:D

No but seriously, which you're obviously not being, Lupita is beautiful, but it's her acting that deserves all the attention and very deserved praise (for anyone who's seen 12YAS) she's currently getting. Hope her success in this year's awards' season opens doors for her and she's given opportunities to pursue her career.

Although sadly, I doubt this will happen, not in Hollywood anyway.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just proof of beauty being subjective - describing someone like Lupita as "average, simple" looking and then Jennifer Garner as "stunning" is completely the wrong way round, to me personally.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's beautiful.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Hahahahaha Cheryl Cole!! Stunning!! Hahahahaha. :D:D

No but seriously, which you're obviously not being, Lupita is beautiful, but it's her acting that deserves all the attention and very deserved praise (for anyone who's seen 12YAS) she's currently getting. Hope her success in this year's awards' season opens doors for her and she's given opportunities to pursue her career.

Although sadly, I doubt this will happen, not in Hollywood anyway.
    I'm very optimistic about her Hollywood career :cool::).I know all the odds stacked against her but I'm confident that she will be more than OK.
    She has her head on her shoulders, she's not naive and has a very good team behind her imo. She will be fine :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some rumours about our girl Lulu.

Since the beginning of award season Lupita hasn't been cast in any new project. Of course she's been very busy promoting the TYAS, doing photoshoots, giving interviews but fans are a bit worried. Fans are also aware that it's difficult to built a career in Hollywood for black actresses - even more so for dark skinned ones. However according to vulture.com, Lupita has received some offers and is in talk for one very BIG project ... (take it with a pinch of salt)

Star Wars :D:D:D:D

Yes I heard those rumours too ;-):cool:
    Either way, I can't wait to see more of her on the screens because I'm sure that she will have a brilliant career :)
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they have to be women? :confused:

Because women usually attribute "stunning" to really ordinary looking women to make themselves feel better. If an average girl like Lupita can be considered beautiful so can they.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Stunning" is in the eye of the beholder, male or female.

What a disgustingly sexist post.