Hollyoaks - What are we thinking about Sienna now?

LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to really like Nancy, and Tom was even somewhat likable while Sienna had him locked up, but now I just loathe them both. Nancy in particular. I get that their hatred is completely justified and natural, but it is bordering on torture/harassment now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I agree.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel that Sienna deserves to be punished but the egging, taking her medication and framing her with Rose is just sick and vile. Its not enjoyable seeing people doing that to a clearly ill woman.
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love Sienna my fav character on HO. Nancy has become horrible and irritating recently, Tom makes me want to dump the little toe-rag in a locked up room again myself taking the medication and the egging was OTT the little brat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I'm typing this, but I really felt sorry for Sienna tonight. I really hope Nancy makes Tom own up to what he did now that she knows he was responsible (along with Peri).
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's even more painful that Peri is participating, she doesn't even know Sienna. I mean, yeah Sienna has been acting creepy around her, but I don't see why Peri is so influenced by Tom. I would like to see Peri and Sienna have a relationship.
  • fenpeperfenpeper Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    How could Peri put her sister through a trauma like that!? x
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand that they want her out the village, Tom went too far but at the same time I just keep thinking of what she put them through. Both were wrong but I find it hard to take sides.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, One minuite i think "That's horrible" and then i remember how she spiked Nancy to make er look crazy and told Tom he killed people and she was the only person who didn't hate him.... basically i'm just really confused. I think that's the point though.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for sienna , i agree she needs punishing but she is mentally ill and needs help. Taking the pills is cruel & dangerous , she could have actually hurt someone and I'm sure tom and Peri wouldn't be so happy then.
    Also putting Tegan & rose through that wasn't right either , its gone too far. They should definitely own up. Doing these things will make sienna more ill if anything , she needs help.
    Judging by what comings up with Maxine & the dog pictures show sienna so obviously they will
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    What she did to Nancy and Tom was very wrong, but in her defence she was ill and is clearly a very damaged person. I can understand Nancy, Tom and Darren not having any sympathy for her after what she did to tear their family apart. Even the most open minded person about mental illness would struggle to forgive her actions when they are the ones directly affected. What I don't agree with though is the hate campaign now launched against Sienna. Nancy really irritated me with her stupid petition. Maybe she should remember how she felt when everyone was against Becca for having an affair with her pupil and out for her blood. Becca didn't even have the excuse of mental illness clouding her perception and judgement. Nancy likes to make out she's this super intelligent, open minded woman of the world when in actual fact she can be quite close minded. Like I said I can understand her hating Sienna, but I don't agree with her trying to hound her out of town, or launching petitions to have her locked up again.

I also think it is clear that Sienna has a long way to go before she is "well". The first thing she needs to do is stop listening to Patrick and be honest about what in her life has led to her current mental state.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I never liked her and I still don't. Now they've got Tom and Nancy acting out of character, and Peri behaving in a way that would hurt her own family - and for what? The whole thing is stupid and wholly unbelievable.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I used to really like Nancy, and Tom was even somewhat likable while Sienna had him locked up, but now I just loathe them both. Nancy in particular. I get that their hatred is completely justified and natural, but it is bordering on torture/harassment now.

Well I find it far more realistic than someone being instantly forgiven tbh. What does she expect?
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Well I find it far more realistic than someone being instantly forgiven tbh. What does she expect?

I agree with this. One of the major gripes I had with the Esther bullying storyline was how quickly Esther forgave and became friends with Ruby and then later Sinead as if nothing ever happened.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't expect them to instantly forgive her. It's the actions they have taken that I take issue with. It's not their style.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I love Sienna, her and Dodger and probably one of the best things about HO at the moment, and I absolutely loathe Tom, Peri and Nancy. I thought we were supposed to see Peri feeling sorry for Sienna?

I don't believe she's been out for what, a few episodes, and now she's back inside? If BK gets rid of her I will switch off!
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit uncomfortable to watch but at least it's a realistic reaction from Nancy and Tom. There was no way that she would be forgiven that easily after what she did, but I imagine that she'll be back in no time, that is if Nancy reluctantly goes to the police.
  • alibali66alibali66 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I never liked her and I still don't. Now they've got Tom and Nancy acting out of character, and Peri behaving in a way that would hurt her own family - and for what? The whole thing is stupid and wholly unbelievable.

BIB, totally agree. Bad writing is to blame here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I feel like the writers are just doing this so we'll start to root for Sienna.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »

tbh I don't find it too out of Character for Nancy ,but Tom has seemed to changed his tune, and I don't get Peri doing that, I mean she doesn't even know Sienna so why would she do that. ( if Peri turns out to be her daughter:o:o)
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I feel like the writers are just doing this so we'll start to root for Sienna.

Exactly this. I like the actress, but the character has done so much she can't realistically come back from it. I'd like Sienna to go down in a blaze of insane glory.
  • worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    If any other character had done all of those horrendous things I would probably agree with the subsequent hate campaign against them but the brilliant Anna Passey plays Sienna with such a vulnerability that despite all she has done, you can't (well, I can't at least) help but feel sorry for her and root for her. The scene with Peri throwing eggs at her and Tom filming it was actually heartbreaking.

The character of Nancy has always gotten on my nerves and is becoming more and more despisable with every episode. Tom's nastiness, however, is out of character, didn't he say before Sienna was locked up that he felt sorry for her because he had gained an insight while being held captive by her about why she did the things she did? He has always come across as quite a sensitive young man so I don't get where all this spitefulness has suddenly come from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Tom is a kid who has had a wholly traumatic childhood, practically every parent and pseudo-parent he has had has been killed in some horrific manner. He now has a family around him which is fragile (at best) and he is trying to protect it. Yes, his actions were awful but he is a CHILD!! I don't understand the people who are pleading for compassion for a mentally ill woman but, in the same post, claiming they 'hate' a child!!
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Notmesilas wrote: »
    Tom is a kid who has had a wholly traumatic childhood, practically every parent and pseudo-parent he has had has been killed in some horrific manner. He now has a family around him which is fragile (at best) and he is trying to protect it. Yes, his actions were awful but he is a CHILD!! I don't understand the people who are pleading for compassion for a mentally ill woman but, in the same post, claiming they 'hate' a child!!

Yes Tom is a child but he's in the wrong. The attitude of the villagers may be influencing Tom to think that he is right in his treatment of Sienna and he does need to be set straight on that. Sienna needs help not persecution, and I'm just wondering how far they will push her until she cracks.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was kind of thinking for a while Sienna deserves all this because she did do some cruel things, making Tom think Darren was dead, causing the car crash that nearly killed Nancy, spiking Nancy and also the time she left the iron on and it nearly killed Nancy and Oscar...those things are actually really serious things.

But now I feel for her because she is the result of Patrick's parenting, he destroyed Anna and he's doing the same to Maxine and I think what's interesting is he's never really threatened Sienna or spoke to her in a controlling way like Maxine, they almost seem like a normal father and daughter but it's beyond obvious he's messed with her head as she her growing up & now she's affected because of all he's done to her including telling her her baby died.

So she is definitely mentally ill but I want this story to reveal that Patrick is to blame for this and for that to be addressed because it's the only way she could redeem or recover from all of this & stay in the show.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this to lead up to Peri discovering Sienna is her mother? :D