21st
The Daleks

24th
Seeds of Death

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often fail to see that channel having the subject title it does for the channel, just like the Sci-Fi channel really. But certainly a very decent lineup of stories and good to see that Attack Of The Cybermen is in that lineup as I always felt it was a decent story suffering from visual effects limitations at the time than anything like the storyline.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder yes there was a thread a few weeks ago, but its nice for an update.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't chosen Genesis Of The Daleks for the Fourth Doctor??? Surely some mistake!!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its nice to have a different tom baker televised for a change. It always seems to be genesis. When was the last time brain was televised? A real treat for those without the dvd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its nice to have a different tom baker televised for a change. It always seems to be genesis. When was the last time brain was televised? A real treat for those without the dvd.

I can't remember the last time it was shown
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They haven't chosen Genesis Of The Daleks for the Fourth Doctor??? Surely some mistake!!

Genesis has been announced as part of the Season (30 stories in all), just not for the first weekend.

Given it's the Horror channel a story based on Frankenstein seems a logical choice for the opening weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Genesis has been announced as part of the Season (30 stories in all), just not for the first weekend.

Given it's the Horror channel a story based on Frankenstein seems a logical choice for the opening weekend.

Good point

Do you have a complete list of the stories that will be shown on Horror?
  • WhoMadWhoMad Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »

Yep.

Expecting Pyramids, Seeds of Doom, Robots of Death, Talons, or in other words...all of the Hinchcliffe era. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhoMad wrote: »
    Yep.

Expecting Pyramids, Seeds of Doom, Robots of Death, Talons, or in other words...all of the Hinchcliffe era. ;-)

According to this article Talons will be shown

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/articles.php?feature=9522&category=3&archive=
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So wait, are they only showing the first part of each story?
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A few years ago when there was a batch of stories shown on UK Drama IIRC.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    So wait, are they only showing the first part of each story?
    Omnibus format.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Omnibus format.

Oh nice I prefer that it makes the story flow better.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point

Do you have a complete list of the stories that will be shown on Horror?

I thought there had been a full list posted somewhere but a quick search only brings up variations of the article you linked to which just gives a few titles so I guess I remembered incorrectly.
  • GerrySGerryS Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The Daemons will be broadcasted on April 29th according to this
    http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/03/classic-episodes-of-doctor-who-heading.html
  • LMLM Posts: 63,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen the old who episodes so this will be nice for me.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have chosen my favourite Fouth Doctor story though, Brain of Morbius with the great Philip Madoc. :D

I shan't give too much away, if there are people out there, who haven't seen this, but Sarah Jane Smith is temporarily blinded. Good bit of acting from Lis there, trying to play a blind person. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3bRpgPxfF8&feature=player_detailpage#t=78

It's only a trailer for the story, as there isn't a proper clip. The bit with Sarah blind, is not that long. But, I will say this though, ''Blink, and you'll miss it.''
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my freesat running for the first time in months since a mishap.

There's certain stories I love to watch.... Brain of morbius (ever since night of the doctor.) is one, as is caves of avandroze (i know I've misspelled it. :D), attack of the cybermen, and daemons....

Annoyed the tv movie won't be part of it. But, hey-ho.....
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be the only one who wishes they were showing enemy of the world, instead of seeds of death?......
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be the only one who wishes they were showing enemy of the world, instead of seeds of death?......

It may be on later.

On the other hand, since the DVD was released only recently, perhaps not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At 7pm tonight we can add the first Doctor Who from the Horror channel to our PVRs (Sky+/freeview+/freesat+/Virgin TiVo ect) and series link them!
  • StevenRStevenR Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    At 7pm tonight we can add the first Doctor Who from the Horror channel to our PVRs (Sky+/freeview+/freesat+/Virgin TiVo ect) and series link them!

I've already done that on my Virgin Media Tivo box several days ago, no need to wait until tonight.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Baker narrating the trailers:

http://www.combom.co.uk/
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    Interesting to note that the Horror channel has some Dr Who programmes coming up with early William Hartnell,Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker edisodes being shown next weekend.