Options

OFFICIAL: BBC renews The Voice for a further two years

SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
Forum Member
The Voice has been recommissioned for a further two years by the BBC :D !
BBC One Saturday Night Hit The Voice UK to Return in Further Two Series Deal

BBC One Saturday night entertainment hit series The Voice UK has been re-commissioned for a further two series, Charlotte Moore, Controller, BBC One and Mark Linsey, Controller, Entertainment Commissioning confirmed today.

The current series of The Voice featuring superstar coaches Kylie Minogue, Sir Tom Jones, Ricky Wilson and will.i.am and hosted by Emma Willis and Marvin Humes is playing to a huge weekly average audience on Saturday night BBC One of 8.9m. The series finale is on Saturday 5th April.

Charlotte Moore, Controller, BBC One: “It's been fantastic to see The Voice return in top form to kick start BBC One’s brilliant year so far, the new line-up has really connected with audiences and I look forward to it returning to the channel next year.”

Mark Linsey, Controller, Entertainment Commissioning: “The Voice has really cemented itself as hugely popular on BBC One Saturday nights and I am delighted that we will be dusting down the iconic red chairs for another airing next year.”

Moira Ross, Head of Entertainment at Wall to Wall Media and the show’s executive producer: “I’m so proud that after only three series The Voice really has become unmissable Saturday night television for millions of viewers and am delighted Wall to Wall and Talpa have been commissioned to make a further two series.”

Hosts and coaches will be confirmed at a later date.

The Voice UK is a Talpa UK production in association with Wall to Wall. Moira Ross is executive producer and Jo Wallace is the BBC commissioning editor."

Comments

• Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The Voice has been recommissioned for a further two years by the BBC :D !

Yay! More time to improve the show :)

Hope it cements itself further as a good entertainment show
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It has the potential to get bigger than X Factor, as that show has seen a decline in recent years.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad to hear they have renewed it as ive really enjoyed it this year.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that should silence the miserable moaning minnies who claim every year is the last. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Great news! Now I'm just hoping to hear that all four coaches will be returning.
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased about this decision - I've enjoyed this series much more than the previous two and I hope it gets better each year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Good & Bad news really. TV works best on a commercial channel willing to pump lots of money into to (like NBC or Nine Network in Australia). What I mean by 'pumping money' is to, for example, give contracts to the coaches so that they'll be heavily invested in the show and not be around for less than 3 weeks into the lives as well as a well-oiled network of talent scouts so that there is a consistent stream of talent coming through the conveyor belt. Oh and being on a public channel prevents the likes of Itunes being used as a vote-swinger not to mention a constant way to earn a buck for the artists on the show.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KToure wrote: »
    Good & Bad news really. TV works best on a commercial channel willing to pump lots of money into to (like NBC or Nine Network in Australia). What I mean by 'pumping money' is to, for example, give contracts to the coaches so that they'll be heavily invested in the show and not be around for less than 3 weeks into the lives as well as a well-oiled network of talent scouts so that there is a consistent stream of talent coming through the conveyor belt. Oh and being on a public channel prevents the likes of Itunes being used as a vote-swinger not to mention a constant way to earn a buck for the artists on the show.

BBC seem to have invested more in the show than the Oz IMO
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One is now accepting registrations from budding singers who want to audition for The Voice UK 2015.

Bosses have opened a website where hopefuls can apply to attend a date at the auditions tour for the show’s fourth series, which will take place in June and July.

Those who impress producers at the open try-outs will be invited to take part in the Blind Auditions, where they’ll have the chance to perform for the four superstar coaches.

Solo acts or duos who are 16 years of age or over by Monday 23rd June 2014 can now submit registration forms at www.voiceukauditions.co.uk. Applicants under 18 years of age will require a parent or guardian to give their consent.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-voice/179709-the-voice-uk-2015-auditions-now-open-for-series-four.html#ixzz2xNChkvLZ
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy about this :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this shuts up about the whole need a star winner to save the show shit and people vote people on THEIR VOICE!!!

Just a case whether they improve the format and if he coaches return
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wanted to like the show but I find it tedious to the extreme. I wish the BBC would have done their own singing show instead of importing one with a poor format that doesn't create stars. The silly chair gimmicks are for people with simplistic minds, the constant praise is beyond tiresome, the contestants are of a poor quality and the production although slightly improved from previous years is still poor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great news! Now for more live shows next year please?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wanted to like the show but I find it tedious to the extreme. I wish the BBC would have done their own singing show instead of importing one with a poor format that doesn't create stars. The silly chair gimmicks are for people with simplistic minds, the constant praise is beyond tiresome, the contestants are of a poor quality and the production although slightly improved from previous years is still poor.

Hey it's still better than The X Factor though
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Hey it's still better than The X Factor though

I wish I could agree. I don't find TV as entertaining as XF and is just as, if not more than, gimmicky
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    This has been the best series so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    BBC seem to have invested more in the show than the Oz IMO

Pretty sure Kylie & Will.i.am will be doing more than 3 episodes of lives (on Aussie version) which already tell us that they're on higher salaries, plus more acts to coach meaning more days doing the blinds & battle rounds. The BBC budget is simply not good enough however with this seasons improved level of talent, ratings and editing (of blinds) things should get better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could agree. I don't find TV as entertaining as XF and is just as, if not more than, gimmicky

I was meaning more talent wise

The show is better this year but they need to fix their issues with timing and the live shows atmosphere
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't renew Emmas contract imo she is out of he depth. I am sick of her thinking she speaks for the whole Country with her "We all love you" statements.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I hope they don't renew Emmas contract imo she is out of he depth. I am sick of her thinking she speaks for the whole Country with her "We all love you" statements.
    Same here. I find her too much in my face with a look at me attitude. Calm down woman! I also think she handled Will using the mild swear word very badly making it a bigger deal than it actually was and referring to it again later. Another poor choice of dress last night. She should stick to Big Brother as I don't watch it.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Same here. I find her too much in my face with a look at me attitude. Calm down woman! I also think she handled Will using the mild swear word very badly making it a bigger deal than it actually was and referring to it again later. Another poor choice of dress last night. She should stick to Big Brother as I don't watch it.

I thought she handled it brilliantly when he first said it. Remember it's live TV with an audience of millions and she had to immediately think on her feet with someone probably screaming "APPOLOGISE" in her ear and all without showing any sign of panic or emotion

Anything after that would have been on the Auto Cue so not her words anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    I thought she handled it brilliantly when he first said it. Remember it's live TV with an audience of millions and she had to immediately think on her feet with someone probably screaming "APPOLOGISE" in her ear and all without showing any sign of panic or emotion

Anything after that would have been on the Auto Cue so not her words anyway
    Oh come on. It is hardly a real swear word anyway, is it?
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Oh come on. It is hardly a real swear word anyway, is it?

Yes it is a real swear word but that's not the point is it. Whether it is or isn't the reaction on live TV to someone saying before 9pm it is always the same. The presenter has to apologise there and then. If they don't they have to do it later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Yes it is a real swear word but that's not the point is it. Whether it is or isn't the reaction on live TV to someone saying before 9pm it is always the same. The presenter has to apologise there and then. If they don't they have to do it later.
    Later would have been better instead of making a bit deal out of it on her look at me way of presenting.