Will Jermaine be successful?

attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you guys think that Jermaine will be a successful artist or will he be like Leanne and Andrea? Not what you want to happen, but your gut feeling :)

Comments

• barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    No sadly, its like Will has the same feeling, he was saying 'he had a lot of work to do', Will's focus right now is Leah McFall's new album and career.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jermaine will be successful... but not necessarily as a singer.
    (pleased he won though)
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think he could do potentially well if marketed right I see him more as an album artist but there is nothing wrong with that :).
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely! He will be.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his heart is in politics. And I think in that respect he will be successful. I fully believe he will be a black Labour MP. Whether he can go further depends on his intelligence, and a singing competition is no test of that.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will - not necessarily as a popstar, but in general; he has a good head on his shoulders and he strikes me as willing to work for it.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt. His music will appeal to all ages.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'd say he has lots of options...the West End, an album, presenting, or maybe even politics. A great voice and a great personality.
  • EclecticGuyEclecticGuy Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    My gut feeling is no (in terms of his singing career).

His performances have just been too variable, though when he has sung well he was outstanding - notably in the battle round with the girl from Weston-s-Mare and in his 'House is not a Home'.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see it myself. He doesn't fit into todays music imo. He's old fashioned but not in a cool, retro way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will - not necessarily as a popstar, but in general; he has a good head on his shoulders and he strikes me as willing to work for it.

.. willing to work for it is the key here I think, in all his interviews he was focused and said he was focusing on his performance. I think that's what won it for him, not getting distracted by the emotions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    no don't think so.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Not a chance. He hardly set the download chart on fire the last two weeks. It would seem to me he doesn't have the fan base that buy.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I think he might be but even if it's not in music I think it could be in politics
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys think that Jermaine will be a successful artist or will he be like Leanne and Andrea? Not what you want to happen, but your gut feeling :)

I couldn't call it on the majority of artists, but I absolutely believe Jermain is the exception. I think there are plenty of people who will love his smooth soulful voice. He reminds me of Luther Vandross or Teddy Pendergrass. Very, very easy to listen to late at night (or indeed anytime)! Can't wait to buy his album.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his heart is in politics. And I think in that respect he will be successful. I fully believe he will be a black Labour MP. Whether he can go further depends on his intelligence, and a singing competition is no test of that.

I think he will have some success in music.

He needs to be careful in his politics - he comes across more like a young Blair than a young Obama.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No he is dreadfully dated you will never hear of him again
  • si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite simple - NO.

He was really hard to warm to - and really not that special in terms of voice.

He is going nowhere (and his personality will make political success pretty unlikely)

What a waste of a series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a collective no then. Which does beg the question who on earth did all that voting?
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    si29uk wrote: »
    Quite simple - NO.

He was really hard to warm to - and really not that special in terms of voice.

He is going nowhere (and his personality will make political success pretty unlikely)

What a waste of a series.
    Well he couldn't have been that hard to warm to considering he Won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's probably the most likely to have long term success, but as a more niche artist rather than a top 40 popstar. Christina Marie might pop up a little in the future, maaaybe, but the rest of them we'll never hear from again.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My "gut feeling" is that I honestly don't know... And at this moment no one does.
    Firstly will he choose singing or politics? And if he chooses singing, how hard will he work at it?... If the big labels don't come calling and when the 'easy fame' of a weekly TV show has faded, will he have the determination to keep knocking doors until one opens?... That's the hurdle that many talented artists have fallen at, in the past.... Not as easy as it sounds.

Leaving that aside, I'm delighted he won. ...Seems a nice genuine guy, as well as an exceptional singer ...As I said some time ago, I look forward to hearing his, and Sally's, albums.

By the way... If Jermain chooses politics... unlike Ed Miliband, I COULD imagine him as a future Prime Minister. :)
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    I think Jermaine will be successful... but not necessarily as a singer.
    (pleased he won though)

I agree, a pop star he is not but he will do well, feel sorry for Jamie , I really liked him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will have some success in music.

He needs to be careful in his politics - he comes across more like a young Blair than a young Obama.

What a very strange comment. He comes across to me as a very ambitious young man, but I don't know why you mentioned 'Obama'. Wanting to be the first black Prime Minister doesn't limit Jermaine to simply mimicking another black leader!!

I think he will be successful as a singer. I can see him in the West End as he clearly acted his way through this show - the simple, humble guy from the poor background is actually a very savvy, confident young man who knows what he wants and quite clearly, gets it. :)