Unknown songs/tunes you loved but never again heard

starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
Forum Member
anyone ever hear a tune/song on the radio/playing somehwhere etc that they absolutely loved but never got the name of it and never again heard anymore. Happened to me a good few years ago listening to a pirate music station, the most out of this world emotionally gripping dance tune I ever heard came on, d dj never said the name of it afterwards and I never again heard it anywhere, couldn't even search for it on the internet as I didn't know the name of it :confused:, foolish me should have taped it back then :blush:

Comments

• simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried typing the lyrics into a search engine?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Loads of times in the past, but nowadays I use Shazam on my phone to find out what the song is and then when I go on one of my Macs I listen to it or download it.
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard a song on the radio a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it but didn't catch who it was by, numerous searches and about 6 months later I discovered it was 'Go' by Delilah and ended up getting the album.

Only heard it on the radio that once though
  • starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    unfortunately in my case the tune had no lyrics and was one of those underground tunes, I say its forever gone into the abyss :(
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's this one song that has bugged me for literally years. I remember hearing it when I was a kid, it sounded like it was sung by a black woman and she was speaking about walking walking through the rain and thunder to get to her love one. Still bugs me to this day and I don't even know if anything I remember is actually true, does my head in!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    There's this one song that has bugged me for literally years. I remember hearing it when I was a kid, it sounded like it was sung by a black woman and she was speaking about walking walking through the rain and thunder to get to her love one. Still bugs me to this day and I don't even know if anything I remember is actually true, does my head in!

Is this the song you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE7fNUJuR68
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I've been looking for years for a song from a film soundtrack. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the film although I think it was a sleazy British low-budget effort from the late 70s. Something like 'The Stud' but probably not that.

My memory's hazy but there was a scene with I think some exotic dancers in a club and the music they were dancing to was Giorgio Moroder-ish but quite slow tempo. I've spent far too many hours hunting for it.
  • HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard it online a few years ago, around 2011-ish. The song is from 1996, quite fast and dancey with lush production and piano, the video featured different couples kissing. Made a thread about it today funnily enough

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1955969
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I've been looking for years for a song from a film soundtrack. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the film although I think it was a sleazy British low-budget effort from the late 70s. Something like 'The Stud' but probably not that.

My memory's hazy but there was a scene with I think some exotic dancers in a club and the music they were dancing to was Giorgio Moroder-ish but quite slow tempo. I've spent far too many hours hunting for it.

@Arcana
    Sounds cool and my interest is piqued. Can you remember any actor from the film at all? You could consult the IMDB for their filmography. I guess you may have been there, done that.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unfortunately in my case the tune had no lyrics and was one of those underground tunes, I say its forever gone into the abyss :(

Similar situation to me, there was this chill out track that was used in various TV programmes such as Sugar Rush, The Real Hustle Las Vegas and even holiday shows. I tried listening to samples of chill out albums but could never find it.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not exactly the same, as I heard this years ago on a cassette my friend's mum had, so I should know the name but just can't remember it and I'd love to track it down.

It was on a 60s or 70s compilation cassette. It was a sad song about a white girl and black guy falling in love but it was forbidden. I think the singer was female. Possibly someone died. Not 100% on that though. If anyone had any clue what this might be I'd be grateful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newtooz18 wrote: »

Oh my god, yes it is! Can't actually believe that haha, Thank you!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Happened to me a lot in the past. One bar I used to go to regularly played a great dance track, it's almost faded in my mind now so that I can't remember anything about it, other than that I loved it.

A few years ago in a taxi in Tunisia, I heard a very brief part of a catchy song and wrote down what I remembered then looked it up on t'internet later on. I loved the tiny bit I heard so much, that I actually felt anxious that I wouldn't be able to find out what it was! It took ages but I eventually traced it as Lykke Li and 'I Follow Rivers', now one of my favourite tunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, yes it is! Can't actually believe that haha, Thank you!

Haha, no worries. happy to help!
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always remember hearing a track when I was a kid in the mid-90s on the radio in the car, and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm sure it must have been Boyz II Men or another group, but I just can never remember how the track went it was that long ago haha.

It's funny that I don't remember the song at all just that I liked it :p
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Holy shit, that's a blast from the past! I totally forgot that song existed but I instantly remembered all of it!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How could you tell that?
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was a rap song. The chorus had a very high pitched voice singing it. The only lyrics I remember were a guy rapping about how he used to reminisce. Heard it in a shop and did everything I could to find it but never could.
  • ChickletteChicklette Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Yes, it was a rap song. The chorus had a very high pitched voice singing it. The only lyrics I remember were a guy rapping about how he used to reminisce. Heard it in a shop and did everything I could to find it but never could.

Sounds like it could be Lonely by Akon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found most of my "unknown" songs tbh. It's always nice when one finally finds something.

Actually one has been bugging me for about 12 years. I heard it on R1 on a Saturday night in the early 2000s, so it was probably played by Pete Tong or Judge Jules.

It has the same words as Ice T - Shut Up, Be Happy, but it's a techno/dance tune. I've tried several forums to no avail over the years.

The words are:

We interrupt this program with a special bulletin:
    America is now under marshall law.
    All constitutional rights have been suspended.
    Stay in your homes.
    Do not attempt to contact love ones, insurance agent or attorney.
    Shut up.
    Do not attempt to think or depression may accure.
    Stay in your homes.

and so on.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    scrilla wrote: »
    @Arcana
    Sounds cool and my interest is piqued. Can you remember any actor from the film at all? You could consult the IMDB for their filmography. I guess you may have been there, done that.

I've probably spent more time trying to find the film than the song. Unfortunately my memory of it is hazy. I think it was one of those trashy 70s British films made on a shoestring budget with not-very-well-known actors that is pretty much forgotten about now. I'm not even too sure about the plot although I have a hunch it was a crime / gangster drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    How could you tell that?

Just the way my ears work I guess. Most singers who are black seem to have a distinctive sound and/or soul to their voice.