Red wine + lemonade; mmmm!!

howard hhoward h Posts: 23,347
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, the wine's cheap! But mixed with ice-cold lemonade it's a treat :p

Wonder if anyone out there also likes their red mixed as a shandy? Suppose it's not unlike sangria?

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO! That' s sacrilege and puke inducing :o
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,829
    Forum Member
    Just when you think you know the depths to which humanity can sink something like this comes along.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Red wine and cola is popular in South America.

I've tried it and it's not too bad but it's not something i'd drink regularly.
  • Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red wine .. watered down ? .... words ... fail ..... me ! ... >:(

Slap yourself and purge your taste buds for the unreliable things that they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    You sound like a Mad Dog 20/20 sort of person.
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't go wrong with lemonade.

I love lemon, and of course it's my color.:)
  • GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Spain red wine mixed with either lemonade or soda water is a very popular drink, they call it tinto de verano (which translates as summer red wine). It makes sense in very hot weather, as it's a longer and more refreshing drink than a straight red. Obviously you don't make it with top-quality wine. Sangria, which is aimed squarely at tourists, is derived from this drink.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum dilutes her red wine with equal measures of water.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why she would want to ruin a very good drink.
    Now I refuse to ask for such a travesty at the bar. The looks from the staff were far too embarrassing!
    Forum Member
    I got into red wine by adding a little water. Some of the fuller bodied reds were too strong for me and diluting them slightly helped.

I don't need to do it anymore now though.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,904
    Forum Member
    Lots of things nice with lemonade
    Archers and lemonade :)
    Shandy (obv)

Drink whatever you like and sod the "but you'll ruin the intrinsic subtle tones in the bouquet of hedgerows, candied redcurrants and oaky smokishness in the red wine" brigade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    What the Actual F? Lemonade with red wine - sorry but you should be stoned to death for sacrelidge <sp>
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Peanuts in coca cola. This was told to me by someone from the Middle East. Allow time for the coke to bring out the flavour before drinking.
    Forum Member
    Salted or dry roasted? :D
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lemon squash with beer is nice too.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaditano wrote: »
    In Spain red wine mixed with either lemonade or soda water is a very popular drink, they call it tinto de verano (which translates as summer red wine). It makes sense in very hot weather, as it's a longer and more refreshing drink than a straight red. Obviously you don't make it with top-quality wine. Sangria, which is aimed squarely at tourists, is derived from this drink.

That's where I got the idea. Bottle of red poured with a bottle of lemonade into a jug (both straight from the fridge) and straws all round. It's like drinking the world's best pop but with a lovely edge to it!!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,904
    Forum Member
    Don't know why people are so horrified, it's often done abroad, as others have noted.
    And it's not that different to a wine spritzer.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and over here that is how slags would end up in the gutter with their knickers in the air.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Don't know why people are so horrified...

Yeah, but... You're welsh...sooooooo......

:D
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and over here that is how slags would end up in the gutter with their knickers in the air.

That's blue wkd actually
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaditano wrote: »

I was just about to say the same thing. I'd never heard of it but my fella who is Spanish says it's quite a popular drink in the day
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ginger beer and beer makes a great shandy
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    Absolute waste of red wine!

Now if you wanted to ruin the ditch water that is Rose wine then go ahead, but Red needs to be full bodied and slightly heady.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Lots of things nice with lemonade
    Archers and lemonade :).

Archers + southern comfort + lemonade :cool:
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I wish I liked red wine, it looks beautiful but I cant stand the taste

I have tried all kinds but I just cant take to it, maybe if I tried it with a bit lemonade I just may be able to drink it
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    That's blue wkd actually

Lol! :D