Balding men who can't admit it

BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Prince William for example, huge bald patch but trying to cover it up with a terrible hair cut.

What is the deal with men like that, no dignity at all. And them guys bald on top but keep hair on the sides lol? Why?

I started receding around age 30, guess what I did...
I shaved my head and I felt liberated.

Why is hair such a big deal anyway for a man?

Comments

• spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband says exactly the same. He shaved his head years ago and we laugh at 'the swoop' you see on many a balding man. I bet privately Prince William would love to bite the bullet and shave his head but as a royal it wouldn't be 'the done thing'.;-)
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some men just don't look right with a shaven head, and some do.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean from storage hunters looks great with his shaved head, but I saw a picture of him with a bit of hair and bald on top and he looked about 55.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prince William would look pretty good with a beard and shaven head.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotty_cat wrote: »
    My husband says exactly the same. He shaved his head years ago and we laugh at 'the swoop' you see on many a balding man. I bet privately Prince William would love to bite the bullet and shave his head but as a royal it wouldn't be 'the done thing'.;-)

I bet Harry would quick snap!
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To stop you growing a bald spot, stop smoking and wearing caps that sit flush with your head.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Prince William for example, huge bald patch but trying to cover it up with a terrible hair cut.

What is the deal with men like that, no dignity at all. And them guys bald on top but keep hair on the sides lol? Why?

I started receding around age 30, guess what I did...
    I shaved my head and I felt liberated.

Why is hair such a big deal anyway for a man?

Yes, Prince William is rather unfortunate example. I don't know he doesn't get a hair transplant. He can afford it. Otherwise he should just embrace the thrill of having a totally slick bald head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    JFDI, just crop what's left and look neat and tidy. FFS don't go with the comb-over a-la Scargill.
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    Prince William would look pretty good with a beard and shaven head.

Who knows if he can grow a beard though?

As someone concerned about his own hairline, by biggest worry is that *I* cannot, and if, in the future, I find myself shaving my head, I could end up bald with a spotty teenager's goatee.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Prince William. Poor single Prince William.

He'll never get anyone looking like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    Poor Prince William. Poor single Prince William.

He'll never get anyone looking like that.

And the one he got isn't fit for a king.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince William must surely be rich enough to get a hair transplant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the one he got isn't fit for a king.

UrgH no. She's horrible with her beautiful good looks and lovely demeanour. SHAVE WILLIAM, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    UrgH no. She's horrible with her beautiful good looks and lovely demeanour. SHAVE WILLIAM, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE :D

She is ok looking, nothing to get excited about, I see more pretty women every week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Prince William must surely be rich enough to get a hair transplant.

And you are an expert on the subject? Name someone with his level of baldness who has had a successful hair transplant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, his bride cares little about his hair loss and good for her. It was published only the other day how grey she is becoming, so I'm sure Kate has her own hair related issues to concern her without having to worry about Williams too. Kate's going Grey article.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/spencer-stevenson-/prince-william_b_4390575.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    yellowpark wrote: »
    To stop you growing a bald spot, stop smoking and wearing caps that sit flush with your head.

That's a bit simplistic! Men mostly go bald because of genetics. Not wearing tight hats or not smoking is going to do nothing to prevent it.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    And you are an expert on the subject? Name someone with his level of baldness who has had a successful hair transplant.

Wayne Rooney
    Calum Best.
    Mel Gibson
    James Nesbitt
    Louis Walsh
    Ray Liotta
    Brendan Fraser
    Rob Brydon
    Enrique Iglesias
    Al Pacino
    Hugh Laurie
    Matthew McConaughey
    David Beckham
    Jude Law
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is ok looking, nothing to get excited about, I see more pretty women every week

It's a very subjective thing though isn't it. I think he's done well. She's certainly charming the pants off my newly adopted country it seems.

Also looking is one thing... are you actually with one? Cos anyone can buy binoculars!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne Rooney.

Yes. His second one was successful too :D
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some men just don't look right with a shaven head, and some do.

Exactly

If you've got a small round head and you look mean, you can just shave it off. Williams got a long face and looks a bit like a woman
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Certainly Rob Brydon's transplant is well-known (and IMO looks pretty convincing), and supposedly one or both members of a certain TV double act and the front man of a certain boyband. I'd also imagine Elton has ditched the wigs in favour of surgery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member

Agreed... plus, it's one thing seeing someone on tv who looks like they have had a successful transplant (with the help of lighting and make-up), but it's quite another to see one up close in real life! I was in an airport recently, and the man in front of me in the queue had obviously had one. It was very obvious, and looked terrible! It was just these unnatural, completely evenly spaced strands of hair sticking out of his head, and he had also used that 'spray on hair' stuff to make it appear even thicker.

Also, i was reading an article about someone who had had one, and he said that the likes of Wayne Rooney seem to forget, that AFTER you have had the transplant, the rest of your head will continue to bald. This means in some cases, you are going to be left with the transplanted hair still in place, and bald everywhere else!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne Rooney.

His hair loss is not as severe as prince Williams. Secondly I wouldn't say it looks that good. Finally you don't know what drugs he is taking. Hair loss drugs can have very serious side effects, it's a huge risk.

Hair transplants are often confused with wigs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly

If you've got a small round head and you look mean, you can just shave it off. Williams got a long face and looks a bit like a woman

:D:D:D