Very 'Moving' Camera Shots in EE with the little girl finding Lucy in the woods.

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
Just seen that now & the camera followed the little girl quite effectively IMO. EE never really tend to do that.

Comments

• xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,216
    Forum Member
    I luved all the shots of Lucy, so well done. :)
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Some brilliant and unsettling shots tonight, I agree.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree- very well shot and very effective. Loved the closeups of all the Beale family photos just before the police came in to deliver the blow to Ian.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    I think there a noticeable difference in the style Eastenders was shot tonight and I do think we will get flashbacks
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It went very 'Brookside-y' tonight, with the camera shots. Like Brookside were in later years.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I think there a noticeable difference in the style Eastenders was shot tonight and I do think we will get flashbacks

That's the one thing I don't think they'd degrade themselves to. It's a real-time(ish) soap. It works for Hollyoaks and american soap operas but it would just feel a bit off putting in a linear soap like EE.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DODS11 wrote: »
    That's the one thing I don't think they'd degrade themselves to. It's a real-time(ish) soap. It works for Hollyoaks and american soap operas but it would just feel a bit off putting in a linear soap like EE.

EE have done flashback episodes several times before. Did you ever see Diane Butcher's episode which told viewers what had happened while she was on the streets? or the Phil and Lisa episodes set in Portugal or the Nana Moon Normandy episode?

Flashbacks haven't been confirmed but I think they are going to happen. Although I think it will be one flashback episode to the night of her death rather than a serious of different ones slotted into various episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE have done flashback episodes several times before. Did you ever see Diane Butcher's episode which told viewers what had happened while she was on the streets? or the Phil and Lisa episodes set in Portugal or the Nana Moon Normandy episode?

Flashbacks haven't been confirmed but I think they are going to happen. Although I think it will be one flashback episode to the night of her death rather than a serious of different ones slotted into various episodes.

flashback scene(s) could be used at the end credits which would be cool
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the shot of the little girl's shoes particularly unsettling
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    That must of been really awful for the little girl finding a dead body :( Not only that but it was really sad seeing Lucy's lifeless body.
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very realistic and well done, I liked the fact that they didnt use a somone on the show to discover her body, the shots of the girl where great.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done I like the new camera sequences they're doing it was effective in getting across what they trying to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also the episode about Kat & Zoe. When Kat was in hospital after having attempted to commit suicide when they were trying to resusitate her there were Flashbacks in that episode. They are quite effective when not used regularly.

Shame really Brookside began using them on a regular basis. They were fine at first with Anthony Murray's Bullying Story but then they were used all the time. So were Dream Sequences & Split Screen.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing i felt was odd about the scene, although i know the scene was not about the little girl and anyone could have found her really, i find it odd that as it was a little girl she didn't seem as upset by it as i would imagine a young girl in her situation would be
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    You'd probably expect a young girl to scream upon finding a dead body and be hysterical afterwards but in reality I guess a lot of kids would be scared that they did something wrong, that they weren't meant to find her or just be confused by the whole situation. The silence and worked really well, added to that haunting and sombre tone the storyline has.
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I also loved the camera work in the Vic before Ian had told Peter about Lucy, the way it swirled in and around to all the people enjoying themselves. (sorry, not very technical terms, :p )

The show's just got such a better feel to it atm, I'm loving it. :)
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    You'd probably expect a young girl to scream upon finding a dead body and be hysterical afterwards but in reality I guess a lot of kids would be scared that they did something wrong, that they weren't meant to find her or just be confused by the whole situation. The silence and worked really well, added to that haunting and sombre tone the storyline has.

Maybe not scream but she seemed unphased completely, but i agree the silence was nice and thoughtful and worked nicely, but i would have thought a child would be more upset by finding a body, just my opinion
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what was a young gilr doing walking through the woods on her own:confused:
    It's not something a child of that age should ever be doing!
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all the camera shots finally had some thought into them..

I did think the shot in which the camera panned up from the puddle to Peter and Ian looked as if it was going to carry on panning up to a very high shot of the square as the two sob.

I know this can be a sore subject for some but I do think the titles and music need to be given a refresh to move along with all these changes!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was walking with her grandad
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member

Collecting bugs or plants I think, she was holding a little jar and she was with a grandparent.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When and where are the scenes? Haven't seen them and can't find them online
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It's a bit clichéd but it is effective.
    Baban wrote: »
    When and where are the scenes? Haven't seen them and can't find them online

Monday's ep.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Keller wrote: »

She seemed to be more in shock than anything, she couldn't take her eyes of Lucy's body as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Maybe if she saw a beaten and blooded body then she'd be more horrified and screaming/crying but we didn't see anything on Lucy's body that would be gruesome and add to the distress of finding her - she just looked like she was sleeping until you noticed how pale and still she was.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit clichéd but it is effective.

Monday's ep.

Thanks