Options

Heat - I give up...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote:
    Be warned everyone, according to the DS:BB forum Mikey and Grace are getting married so that's Heat tied up for the next year, possibly? :(

Maybe we should all write to Heat, signed DS Forum Members, and let them know what we think of their rag.

So Mags, what's Chat like then and how much is it :D

Well Pickpuss its full of real life stories, some sad, some funny though maybe your not meant to laugh and some weird. I dont think it cost more than a pound to be honest but i could be wrong! I just picked it up cos i was disgusted with OK.
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've e-mailed Emap a link to this thread. :)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am bored to tears with Heat. I have barely picked up a single issue since this year's Big Brother. They need to stop a*se-licking this programme, along with Eastenders.

When are they going to stop these tit-for-tat spiteful interviews with Nikki, Pete, Nikki, Pete, Grace, Nikki...and on and on and on...I do not give a damn about these losers!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Stopped buying it about a year ago, got completely fed up with the 'Fat Celebs' 'Thin Celebs' 'Celebs that don't care if they're fat or thin' recycled covers/sotries. Also suddenly realised a magazine that used to fill my lunchhour now took about 10 minutes to read. Bought it once, a couple of months ago to see if it had improved, and realised it had actually managed to get worse. I'll stick with National Enquirer (I know :o ) and Grazia for now.
  • Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    Heat was the best celeb mag from 2000 - 2004, after that it went slightly off the boil, now its complete pants.

As readers we don't mind there being Big Brother coverage, like past years it last for the whole summer then about a month after and that's it, his year it has seriously taken the p!$$.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up buying any magazines at all. They are all obviously completely in the pay of ruthless PR's. There is no work gone into them, they've been generated by the publicity teams of a few massively over exposed celebs and why should anybody pay money for that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to quite like Heat, but it has really gone downhill. There is nothing to read in there anymore, unless you're interested in Big Brother, who's fat/thin this month and who looks the roughest without make-up.

All the magazines are very poor lately and carry the same articles every week. They carried the same pictures of Posh when she had those ten different outfits on for about three weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a couple of old heats in my drawer at work.....they were from April 2005 but I could have been reading current ones because it was the same old stuff...fat/thin, fake tan disasters, too orange, not orange enough, so and so's pregnant - yes they are no they arent, who has fake boobs.

Im sure when it first started there were more interviews/articles, now its a mag for thickies who cant read (just big pictures) and it takes about 15 minutes max to get through it.

:yawn:
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit that I do enjoy reading it in the bath - it's mindless twaddle, as you say, takes about 5 mins to read, piccies of celebs dressed up, dressed down etc. etc. etc. but in terms of journalistic content and originality - well, there is none. I guess they are pandering to their market though, and ultimately, the magazine sells so something's working....

The only good bit about it is the telly reviews, the so called 'interviews' are pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with this magazine! It used to be the best trashy celeb gossip mag out there but now it's just plain trash, barely any celeb gossip worth reading, in fact it's barely about any celebrities anymore, just wannabee celebrities that everyone is supposed to care about.

They recycle the same pictures, headlines and topics. If they look back at every cover over the past year or so it's about skinny celebs, plastic surgery or Bigbrother.

What changed over the last couple of years??? was there a new editor or something?? Every week I used to look forward to buying heat now I barely skim through it at the store. Every week is a dissapointment!

Anyway saying that, it's still the most popular celeb gossip magazine out there I think, and I would like some work experience there just to see what it's like. I'd be interested to see just how lazy the people in charge of this magazine are when putting it together surely they can't genuinely think "oh heres an killer story" it's the same every damn week!

rant over! :o
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    What's Grazia like? Now that's one I haven't tried.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:
    What's Grazia like? Now that's one I haven't tried.

I like it. It has a bit much Kate Moss/Sticky Vicki and Dame Hurley for my liking, but there's great fashion features in it, some good 'real life' stories, interesting articles and it's generally a pretty good read.
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Will give it a go. :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I like Grazia - it's a regular for me.
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reality is that Nikki / Grace on the front cover must sell copy or they wouldn't put them on. Heat will not take notice of a few people on a web-site it is much more simple - how many copies are sold?? As soon as the nos. drop they will no longer appear. I've read somewhere that Jade no matter how much people 'moan' about her face being on the front of a magazine it guarantees sales will be up.

MB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki I would love to slap that girl i really would she was the reason i didnt watch BB this year she just did my head in from day one. BUT yes you are right they are selling the magazine. Do we need constantly updated tho on her and Pete i mean they were never the love story of 2006 to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like magazines with a few articles and some actual reading material.

Closer and Grazia aren't too bad, but Heat is just full of pictures with moronic captions and orange-o-meters to see who has got the worst fake tan!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Heat used to be genuinely funny. The snidey comments about celebs outfits etc were a breath of fresh air after the sycophantic crap of OK and Hello. I actually used to subscribe to it.

Then it all started to go wrong. The photos got bigger and bigger and what would previously have been a one or half page photo feature about a celeb would be stretched to 3 pages. It didn't seem to be worth the money any more. I didn't bother subscribing any more, but still bought it some weeks, or read colleagues copies at work.

Now, I don't read it at all. Why would I waste my cash on a 3 page feature about someone's spots, or VPL? And Grace on the cover on at least 3 occasions? - purleeese!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Heat get a new editor or something to make it go so off the boil? Or did they just decide to dumb down a dumbed down magazine even further?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with having a laugh and the odd silly item, I don't expect hard-hitting journalism, but its got to the stage where there is simply nothing to read in there anymore!

In some issues they have three pages of the same person with their backside sticking out of their trousers, just at different camera angles!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like to see more celeb interviews - they only have one main one. Oh and by celebs I dont mean BB contestants. Fair enough having an exit interview with them but dont fill your mag up with these z listers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the main interview is the only thing worth reading - and until you turn the page and see its yet another ex-Big Brother contestant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat starting going downhill as soon as the editor and the regular writers became talking heads and almost "celebrities" in their own right appearing on numerous talking heads type of shows.
  • Options
    louiseglitterlouiseglitter Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I got fed up with heat as well. i have now subscribed to some american celebrity mags, US weekly, Life & Style weekly.......at least these magazines have people in them that are famous for actually doing something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with every comment posted so far -- well done, folks.

I was a total Heat addict from 2001 to about the summer of 2004. I still loved it after that, but it wasn't the same. Now, it's utter rubbish and takes about 10 minutes to read [whereas, previously, you could easily waste an hour on it if you really wanted to].