Changing Telephone Number

I am thinking about getting my phone number changed as I am getting lots of sales calls I am registered with the TPS, I am with Kingston Communications, Has anyone had their number changed before do you get a brand new number or is it someones old number?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    more than likely an old number as so many people and so few numbers

i used to work for national phone company and i have to ask WHY are you changing. ARE you still in phone book? the amount of people that sign up for tps and dont go ex-directory is amazing.

THERE IS NOTHING TO STOP COMPANIES LOOKING UP THE PHONE BOOK AND PHONING CUSTOMERS THERE.

Make sure your ex-directory as well. the worst offender of silent calls is a national company. people sign up for privacy deal but dont know they have to tell national company they dont want calls from national company. STRANGE but true!

Also when you buy something make sure you tick the box NOT to receive any communication........ sometimes you have to leave box blank.

to get round charge off new number tell them your getting nuisance calls otherwise you will be charged
  • DingbatDingbat Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top tip.

If you're TPS registered but still getting telesales calls, ask the caller for the full details of their company, including Registered Office address and name of Managing Director. If they query this, tell them that they are contravening TPS guidelines and that you will report them with a view to getting their company either fined or shut down.

Did this to a cold call a while back and never had another problem.

Bear in mind that the person calling doesn't necessarily work for the company they are ringing on behalf of. Usually it's a telesales company who contract-out. So once you're off one database, it may remove you from all that the telesales company use.