MTV Video Music Awards 2008 - Sept 7th

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,464
Forum Member
Sorry if there's already another thread on this but I couldn't find one!

Russel Brand is hosting this year and there's some new promo videos with him and Britney Spears...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRwK1ejl1o&feature=related
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/439048-britney-spears-works-with-russell-brand-pete-wentz-ll-cool-j-for-mtv

Its on Sept 7th in Los Angeles, and will be shown on MTV UK the next day, Monday Sept 8th. Britney herself is expected to make her comeback (again) after last year's infamous performance.

Comments

• jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Anything would be an improvement on last years which was awful and I'm not blaming Britney's performance (although terrible) was the highlight of the show,apart from a good performance by Chris Brown.The rest of it was all over the place and you could tell MTV had dramatically cut the budget due to declining ratings.
    It's been gradually getting worse since 1995,although 1999,2000 and 2001 were noteworthy they were still miles away from the shows artisitic peak in 1992.

I can't see the VMA's lasting much longer tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,464
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    Anything would be an improvement on last years which was awful and I'm not blaming Britney's performance (although terrible) was the highlight of the show,apart from a good performance by Chris Brown.The rest of it was all over the place and you could tell MTV had dramatically cut the budget due to declining ratings.
    It's been gradually getting worse since 1995,although 1999,2000 and 2001 were noteworthy they were still miles away from the shows artisitic peak in 1992.

I can't see the VMA's lasting much longer tbh.

What annoyed me the most about last years was when they had all those "secret" parties goin on around the hotel and then they cut to another party half way through a song. Rihanna feat Fall Out Boy doing Shut Up and Drive was amazing but they only showed the first verse!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Brand for getting this gig.
    As much as i like him, i hope he isn't OTT
    He has been on American TV quite a lot on loads of chat shows, the US audience seems to love him.

Looking forward to it :)
    Forum Member
    Here's the second one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8gQhLPRG4&feature=related

They're quite funny! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is defiantly doing sumot, not just anyone does a vma promo, you have to be doing something for them, this oppertunity is too good to miss although britneys performance was terrible it boosted their ratings, and was talked about all over the world
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year's show was annoying.

Where they had those "secret parties" they kept cutting to and from.

Let us watch performances on a stage this year please! And please MTV, stop messing about with camera work and formats of the award show.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    even the vma stage was poor last year cangt wait to see britney back
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised at just how charming those are. His flirt skills work on her and it shows, she seems very natural.

She is obviously planning something to wipe away that false start last year.
    Forum Member
    i wonder if any performance will be from Blackout or her new stuff? She said in OK! magazine today her new album won't be out for another 6-9 months
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love the "elephant in the room" gag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's looking to be better than last years with the announced host already! The parties last year were so awful, it took away so much from the show! Barely watchable...
    Forum Member
    Cent wrote: »
    love the "elephant in the room" gag.

I didnt even see it til about the 3rd time of watching!:eek::D
    Forum Member
    Another advert...this one's hilarious! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLOQsW43hU
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have more effect if MTV still showed some music videos. It's about time they changed it's name to something more fitting...STV springs to mind.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i think britney will be doing something i hope she performs gimme more again but then make the best performance yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no i dont think it will be gimmie more im hoping its something new because shes already completed 9 songs so shes got plenty to choose from but you dont do the vma promos for nothing shes definatly doing something, the jonas brothers are in the promos and their persforming
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    i can't wait to see this. i reckon russells gonna be well good presenting this. the americans won't know what's hit them! haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New promo. With LL Cool J.
    Russell 'Bland'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkS0lLP-n0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is tonight in the US, 2-4am here i think.

Hope it goes well for Russell. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I don't have MTV, just TMF... Is there any other way I can watch the VMA show? Maybe they run a live feed on the internet? Anyone knows if I have an option?
  • chrismyachrismya Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    yeah does anyone have a link or stream ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »
    It is tonight in the US, 2-4am here i think.

Hope it goes well for Russell. Good luck.

2-4Am? is that the time it's gonna be shown in the UK?:eek:
  • nathan2226nathan2226 Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No , the UK sees it tomorrow night 9pm MTV One
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    2-4Am? is that the time it's gonna be shown in the UK?:eek:

No as nathan said, 9-11pm MTV ONE and 8pm for red carpet. Monday 8th.
    But 2-4am is when it will be happening (UK time)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to see them this year - mainly to see how Russell gets on. The last ones I saw properly were the 2004 awards where there was no host - and they were a shambles. Saw bits of last years, and couldn't take to the way they kept cutting to different "parties"

I'm going to have to record them - but annoyingly the US Open final is going to start right in the middle, and as I only have bog standard Sky, I'm going to have to pick one or the other.